lowlight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lowlight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lowlight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lowlight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lowlight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lowlight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lowlight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lowlight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lowlight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lowlight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lowlight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Beta Alanine - tingling

When I was researching BA before buying some for myself, I came across a lot of people complaining about the tingling sensation they get after taking a dosage. Most people said this was fine, and it goes away after a few minutes.

However, after starting to take some myself, I noticed that there is absolutely no tingling whatsoever. Even when I take a 4g dosage on an empty stomach, nothing.

The stuff I bought is Primaforce powder, here at BB. I have used some other stuff from this brand, and it has always been good.

Is it just totally normal for me not to feel any tingling at all? Or is it possible that this stuff is bunk?

Thanks

dtrain13 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dtrain13 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dtrain13 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dtrain13 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dtrain13 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dtrain13 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dtrain13 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dtrain13 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dtrain13 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dtrain13 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dtrain13 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    [ Q ] What is the prickling I feel when I first take Beta-Alanine?

The prickling - called parathesia - is caused by beta-alanine binding to nerve receptors, activating them and causing them to discharge/fire. Many of these nerves are below the skin, giving a prickling/pins-and-needles sensation. This sensation begins approximately 15-20 minutes after ingesting beta-alanine and usually continues for 1-1.5 hours.

The intensity varies depending on dosing, individual sensitivity and potentially from activators of Ca2+ channels, such as caffeine. This sensation, though generally enjoyed, often subsides over a few weeks of continued use. Carbohydrates/food may also blunt the prickling effect from beta-alanine.

[ Q ] If I don't feel the prickling does that mean beta alanine isn't working on me?

The prickling sensation does not occur at all in some individuals, even when taking 4-6 grams of beta-alanine at one time. Do not worry if you are in this group. The prickling is NOT a sign that beta-alanine is working or being absorbed by your muscles and converted to carnosine. If you are feeling nothing, you need not be concerned as it is still increasing your carnosine stores as research has repeatedly shown.

A good example of this phenomenon is when combining carbohydrates with beta-alanine. Not only do carbohydrates blunt much of the prickling sensations, they also increase beta-alanine's performance gains faster than beta-alanine without carbohydrates.

Another good example is comparing studies that measure carnosine concentrations using multiple small 800 mg doses of beta-alanine vs. studies using multiple doses of 1.6 g of beta-alanine. The total daily amount of beta-alanine ingested is similar and the duration of the studies using both dosage strategies is matched up as well.

800 mg is low enough to cause little to no prickling, based off feedback from both research and anecdotal, where as 1.6 g can cause quite a lot. The outcome of both studies showed carnosine concentrations were very similar.
    [ANS Performance Representative]

Disclaimer: The above post is my PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice.

Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Some people get the 'Tingles' and some don't. It doesn't mean that the BA you bought is 'Bunk'. I used to get 'Tingles' at 2g doses and i hear some take 4g+ with no 'Tingles'.
    You should see improvements in the gym after a 2-3 weeks of taking this.
    Primaforce BA should be good.
    Believe to Achieve
    Work Hard Play Hard
    The above are my views only and do not constitute to medical advice

lowlight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lowlight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lowlight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lowlight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lowlight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lowlight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lowlight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lowlight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lowlight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lowlight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lowlight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the quick replies, both of you. Looking forward to this, I am hearing really good things about this supplement. It's the first 'new' supplement for me since creatine.

DTrain can you post a link to the rest of that FAQ?

SWIFT. SILENT. DEADLY. FORCE RECON's Avatar
    FORCE RECON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FORCE RECON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FORCE RECON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FORCE RECON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FORCE RECON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FORCE RECON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FORCE RECON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FORCE RECON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FORCE RECON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FORCE RECON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FORCE RECON has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by lowlight View Post

DTrain can you post a link to the rest of that FAQ?
    IntraXCell/Beta-Alanine/Carnosine FAQ
    United States Marine Corps: RECON

It's God's job to forgive Bin Laden. It's our job to arrange the meeting.

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

Viperspit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Viperspit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Viperspit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Viperspit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Viperspit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Viperspit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Viperspit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Viperspit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Viperspit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Viperspit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Viperspit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Do real bodybuilders even use BA?

ok, on topic, I used BA for the first time last night duing my Back w/o. No tingling sensations, no prickling sensations. WTF? I feel gyped, I wanted the hair on my nads standing on end!
    Cut Goals/Actuals Phase 1:
    1/1: 255 / 255 | 1/8: 252.5 / 251.5 | 2/5: 243.5 / 240.0 | 3/4: 236.5 / 235.5 | 4/1: 231 / 233 | 5/6: 225 / 229|