butcha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) butcha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

whats a good recipe for brown rice?

whats good way to make brown rice, to add some flavor, im tired of this plain stuff, i need some excitement in my diet, lol thanks in advance

Registered User johnnyironboard's Avatar
    johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Use chicken broth instead of water.

engfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) engfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) engfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) engfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) engfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) engfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) engfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) engfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) engfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) engfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) engfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Buy some real lean Hamburger meat and brown it and add it to the rice. You have good carbs and some protein all in one.

moogster14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My personal fav for a quick and easy meal is to take the brown rice and add in some grilled chicken breast strips and some steamed mixed veggies. Toss a little low sodium soy sauce on top, mix it all together, and there u go.

TanTheMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) TanTheMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) TanTheMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) TanTheMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) TanTheMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) TanTheMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) TanTheMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) TanTheMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) TanTheMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) TanTheMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) TanTheMan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    after cooking it, i added salt, lemon pepper, a few squirts of 'i cant believe its not butter' spray, and lemon juice. tasted fine.

kid.A has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kid.A has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kid.A has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kid.A has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kid.A has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kid.A has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kid.A has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kid.A has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kid.A has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kid.A has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kid.A has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    put 1 cup of brown rice into a glass casserole dish. put 3 cups of water in the dish. dump half a bag of frozen mixed vegetables. place lid on the casserole dish and put in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour. go workout or something, come back and remove from oven and eat!!!!

bevo51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bevo51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by butcha
    whats good way to make brown rice, to add some flavor, im tired of this plain stuff, i need some excitement in my diet, lol thanks in advance

i throw in some italian seasoning, garlic, chicken seasoning, and pepper.

i also add some brocoli and shrimp into the mix.l

butcha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) butcha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    those are all awesome ideas and i will try them....what did tonight was add pace picantre salsa on there and muched it with a steak and some carrots...but im sure in the next whilew ill try all these suggestions, thanks bros

RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Steam with mixed beans or black eyed peas.

When done add

Cilantro
    Pepper
    Lemon Juice
    Salt
    Lots of Tumeric
    Olive oil

(taragon and cumin may be added also but aren't necessary)

This tastes fantastic people. I eat this nearly every day.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    ******** TRAP BAR BOARD REP*******
    VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

---*No Hymen No Diamond Crew*---

CurlEEEE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Throw in some salsa and make Mexican rice...YUM

Registered User AnotherScorpion's Avatar
    AnotherScorpion is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AnotherScorpion is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AnotherScorpion is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AnotherScorpion is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AnotherScorpion is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AnotherScorpion is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AnotherScorpion is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AnotherScorpion is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AnotherScorpion is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AnotherScorpion is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AnotherScorpion is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Plain yogurt!
    "The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."

Bernard Shaw

RIP Johan Cruyff 1947-2016

**Més que un club crew**

Originally Posted by CurlEEEE
    Throw in some salsa and make Mexican rice...YUM
    thats what i did, hahaha, ill try something diff tonight

jehote has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jehote has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jehote has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jehote has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jehote has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jehote has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jehote has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jehote has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jehote has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jehote has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jehote has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

i do the salsa and chicken breast thing. i add corn and green beans as well. also i have started using ms. dash lemon pepper on my rice and salads as well. just take abunch of different things and throw them in your rice. i do it everyday for llunch now and its really good.
    just a side note, i have lost 8lbs since mid december eating smarter and using brown rice and chicken as a main food for lunches.
    adios, J

Dreaming my life away.... emmie's Avatar
    emmie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) emmie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) emmie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) emmie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) emmie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) emmie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) emmie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) emmie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) emmie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) emmie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) emmie is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Brown rice and lentils cook at about the same time, so you could saute a bit of onion, throw in some seasoning, and then add your rice with as many (or as few) lentils as you like. The lentils give a very hearty, savory flavor to the rice.

son_of_siam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) son_of_siam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) son_of_siam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) son_of_siam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) son_of_siam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) son_of_siam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) son_of_siam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) son_of_siam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) son_of_siam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) son_of_siam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) son_of_siam has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by johnnyironboard
    Use chicken broth instead of water.
    That's key.
    I also add some mushrooms and just a little lowfat ranch dressing.
    MMA Fighter, Instructor, Personal Trainer, Strength and Conditioning coach, Fitness Guru

"Being a fighter is like having a car. You can have the best car in the world, but if you don't have any gas in it, it won't get you anywhere!"

Fujiwara

"The more I sweat on the mat the less I bleed in
    combat"

"Give me an inch and I'll take your foot"

"If you must prepare for them you are weak. You are strong when they must prepare for you"

haha dang u guys got alot of good ideas, i take it im not the only one whos got bored with my diet

Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Tomato paste, and crushed tomatos, with onions and green peppers. Throw in a diced chicken breast, you have a meal.

son_of_siam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) son_of_siam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) son_of_siam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) son_of_siam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) son_of_siam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) son_of_siam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) son_of_siam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) son_of_siam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) son_of_siam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) son_of_siam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) son_of_siam has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Stand Ablaze
    Tomato paste, and crushed tomatos, with onions and green peppers. Throw in a diced chicken breast, you have a meal.
    I do something simular. That is good bro.
    MMA Fighter, Instructor, Personal Trainer, Strength and Conditioning coach, Fitness Guru

"Being a fighter is like having a car. You can have the best car in the world, but if you don't have any gas in it, it won't get you anywhere!"

Fujiwara

"The more I sweat on the mat the less I bleed in
    combat"

"Give me an inch and I'll take your foot"

"If you must prepare for them you are weak. You are strong when they must prepare for you"

momma said knoq u out ballboy20's Avatar
    ballboy20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ballboy20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ballboy20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ballboy20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ballboy20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ballboy20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ballboy20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ballboy20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ballboy20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ballboy20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ballboy20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I like this recipe. Just substitute the the stuff you dont want and if your sensitive to sodium.

http://www.recipezaar.com/34172

ballboy20
    6'6"
    230 lbs

"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen."---Michael Jordan

"Everyone has a plan, 'til they get hit."-Mike Tyson

kid.A has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kid.A has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kid.A has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kid.A has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kid.A has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kid.A has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kid.A has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kid.A has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kid.A has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kid.A has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kid.A has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yea salsa is very good on rice too. i use salsa on almost anything (eggs, rice, salads, chicken breast sandwhich, fish, beans) its super affordable, low calorie, and they have real ingredients on the labels.

Originally Posted by kid.A
    yea salsa is very good on rice too. i use salsa on almost anything (eggs, rice, salads, chicken breast sandwhich, fish, beans) its super affordable, low calorie, and they have real ingredients on the labels.
    i agree salsa is the G.O.A.T. ....i get that costco style, in bulk

dum_bell will become famous soon enough. (+50) dum_bell will become famous soon enough. (+50) dum_bell will become famous soon enough. (+50) dum_bell will become famous soon enough. (+50) dum_bell will become famous soon enough. (+50) dum_bell will become famous soon enough. (+50) dum_bell will become famous soon enough. (+50) dum_bell will become famous soon enough. (+50) dum_bell will become famous soon enough. (+50) dum_bell will become famous soon enough. (+50) dum_bell will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    would throwing chicken borth instead of water add too many calories?

dapper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dapper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dapper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dapper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dapper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dapper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dapper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dapper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dapper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dapper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dapper has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    2 cups of brown rice boiled and prepared
    4 chicken breast cut up into small pieces
    4 bags of birdseye mixed veggies
    4 eggs scrambled

Soy sauce will make it taste much better but if you are watching your sodium even the low sodium stuff has a lot of sodium in it and I don't think it taste as good. So if you make a batch of this and use regular soy sauce and eat this for one of your meals each day I think you are alright.

You can substitute beef for chicken for beef fried rice well I don't fry mine I jsut mix it all together. I usually have enough for at least a week if not longer.

ImPumpingIron has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ImPumpingIron has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ImPumpingIron has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ImPumpingIron has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ImPumpingIron has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ImPumpingIron has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ImPumpingIron has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ImPumpingIron has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ImPumpingIron has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ImPumpingIron has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ImPumpingIron has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    One of the my favs is Chicken Breast, Brown Rice, Peas, and Carrots. Then I dash some Tonys on it and its heaven!
    LIFT HARD, LIFT SMART, LEAVE EDUCATED!!!

My supplement review thread
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=2109421

My instinct was to win, eliminate anyone who is in my competition, destroy my enemy, and move on without any kind of hesitation at all.

-Arnold Schwarzeneggar

"When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength"
    - Arnold Schwarzeneggar