Thread: Workout times

steviewanger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Workout times

does it matter if i work out right before i go to sleep?
    and is there like a good time to workout?

olibol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

ok...

dont workout before you go to sleep, your cortisol (stress hormone) levels are high atleast 2 hours after a workout which makes you sleep badly and less deeply.

in fact, i like to work out in the afternoon and ill tell you why...in the morning im not awake enough and just breakfast doesnt give me enough energy...but a few hours after lunch my body is fully awake and energized.

since youre 15 u prolly go to school so i suggest working out right after school. just remember to eat some wholesome good carbs (like wholewheat bread, dark macaroni) an hour or 2 before you work out. overall i think working out 4-5 hours before going to sleep is good. so if you go to sleep at 10, try ending your workout at 5-6 latest.

greeeny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) greeeny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) greeeny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) greeeny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) greeeny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) greeeny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) greeeny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) greeeny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) greeeny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) greeeny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) greeeny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what he said, i feel weak as **** in the am especially early in the morning so thats no good. for me just after work with a decent size meal at about 4 is the best time

or ideally after lunch on the weekend
    i have dial up :(

http://youtube.com/watch?v=u6D9r6dWemk&search=bodybuilding

Uncleangry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Uncleangry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've been wondering the same thing about workout/sleep timing. I have litle time to differ though. I take care of my kids during the day, and work 2nd shift (4:30pm - 1:00am). So the only free time I have to hit the gym is rigth after work. Lucky for me there is a gym right down the street from my place of work that is open 24 hours a day Monday thru Thursday.

I'm a bit off my point/question so I'll get back to it. If I am using whey protein and a slow burning protein to battle the cortisol will this help the issue of poor sleep?

kalagan is not very helpful. (-500) kalagan is not very helpful. (-500) kalagan is not very helpful. (-500) kalagan is not very helpful. (-500) kalagan is not very helpful. (-500) kalagan is not very helpful. (-500) kalagan is not very helpful. (-500) kalagan is not very helpful. (-500) kalagan is not very helpful. (-500) kalagan is not very helpful. (-500) kalagan is not very helpful. (-500)
    That sucks cos i train at 08:00-09:00 pm and i go to bed at like 11:00pm-midnight.