SLL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question if you DON'T do a carb-up

then do you continue to keep the fat intake high (60% - 65%) to maintain energy levels?

I typically eat low carb all year & although the occasional bowl of ice cream does add carbs (the yummy kind) I do my best NOT to make it a carb load :-) Most questions have to do with cutting cycles & going for fat loss and yet I'm adjusting to the maintenance of my fat loss.

I saw fitnessman's post about 45% fat, 50% protein & 5% carbs but for me thats about 1.5 times my body weight in protein and now I've read too much & am confused ...I thought we didn't want to use protein for fuel?

If anyone can make sense of my question can you please offer some advice -

Thank you!

SL
    Moving into life without limits

fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Cool Well

The key is that everyones metabolism is different. That is a good starting ratio, IMO. If you are in ketosis, the body is using fat for fuel(stored or dietary).

When energy levels and recovery is good you know you have found the right mix.

Not doing a carb load, hummm. You should. By doing this you will feel better in the long run and add some lean mass. A straight low carb diet just isnt the best for serious trainers.
    Psalm 121

oh happy day, fitnessman answers!

I'm guessing you mean the 2nd set of ratio's 45P/55F/5C as being a good place to start?

Maybe its the 'serious trainer' I need clarity on? I've had a change in routine that I has made weight training & my usual morning run virtually impossible. I have a new business & as a result of some investment $ that fell thru have taken an early morning warehouse job temporarily. I start as early as 4 a.m. and work 6 to 8 hours lifting boxes, moving pallets, sweeping, whatever needs to be done to prepare for store opening (sorry for the personal dissertation but feel it necessary to really address what I'm asking)

I don't eat (shake w/o high glycemic carbs) until I get home about 10:30 as I was 'guessing' I was using bodyfat for energy but think I'm losing muscle mass. I look in the mirror & look 'soft' compared to what I was. My supp's are glut, BCAA, Uni-Liver. I'm 110# female (39 y.o) and 12% bf.

Protein & fat aren't filling me up & I'm putting away lots of calories! Perhaps have become too carbaphobic since this W.O.L. and yet have felt GREAT for the past year. Thus all the "help me maintain & what ratio's do I eat?" calls of distress!!!

Does this info help re:maintenance guidelines?

With much appreciation -

SL

fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs up Ahhhh I see....

Serious trainers are nuts like me who workout 8 times in 5 days

I would bet not eating for work is causing the soft look. Plus you would have to be losing muscle. Eat a little somethig!

I would say without much training going on right now 12-14 calories per pound, rough guess. But you said energy levels are good so maybe dont mess with a good thing.

Just add that small morning meal!! and all should be well.

Good luck with the BIZ!!!
    Psalm 121

Talking thank you, thank you, thank you!

Just a public display of gratitude for fitnessman!

SL

bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    What if a have 2 or 3 (non post-workout) high carbs meals instead of a carb up day?
    Last edited by bachovas; 10-20-2002 at 05:06 PM.

Cool That would.....

Be a carb up!
    Psalm 121

Bulldog13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bulldog13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bulldog13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bulldog13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bulldog13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bulldog13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bulldog13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bulldog13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bulldog13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bulldog13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bulldog13 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have a problem.

I do good all week. Eat 5 times a day, low carb. Feel great.

Then carb up friday afternoon starts. From Saturday to Sunday night, I consume a grotesque amount of food for my carb up.

I know I am taking unfair advantage of the carb up.

Are you supposed to go nuts on the carb up days?

Thx
    The Battle is Lost. Why continue the fight? Because it is the struggle of the self will against the pervading trash that would have you serve instead of joining your place at the Left hand in unity with the unknowable inspiration that flows from the void!
    Love the transformation of the will into many facets of the beast and revel in its banality!
    WILL TO POWER!

RoughN_Tough is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RoughN_Tough is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RoughN_Tough is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RoughN_Tough is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RoughN_Tough is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RoughN_Tough is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RoughN_Tough is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RoughN_Tough is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RoughN_Tough is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RoughN_Tough is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RoughN_Tough is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    I do and have not noticed anything negative, except sluggishness, and a really bad tummy ache.
    "Sucess is a simple measurement of the commitment, sacrifice, and pain one endures to achieve a dream"-Unknown

"its about knowing what you want, and accepting what you have to sacrifice"- From Big Cat's article on Building a Professional

Cool Depends on goals

Sometimes I just eat everything in site. Sometimes more strict. Really depends on many factors.
    Psalm 121