Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Talking Mommy's Muscle Madness

With the start of a new year I am very excited to be starting an online training journal. I am going to start a new training split as well. I’ve had the same split for over 2 years and feel it’s time to see if I can make some improvements. Therefore, I would like to have one place to go to in order to review my diet and workouts. Any comments or suggestions to my workouts are welcome of course as I consider all of life a learning experience. I have a major goal to attain and that is to make my body more symmetrical. I noticed that a few body parts are lagging behind and those are my biceps and hamstrings. So I will be really focusing my training on those areas. My current plan is to compete in 2007 which gives me plenty of time to hopefully improve my physique. I would like to continue competing in bodybuilding but have not ruled out crossing over to figure. I think I will cross that bridge when I get to it. The next 5 or 6 months will be hard and stressful for me. This is my last semester and I will be graduating in May (Health Information Management). I will also be starting a management internship in late March that will hopefully lead to a job otherwise I will be looking for a job as well. So when all this is done and I am established in my new career, I will start to make tentative plans on competing again. My goals are to hopefully place high in the state championships and then go on to the Junior Nationals. I will also need to hire someone to help me with my posing and putting together a good routine. I need some major help in that department! That’s a long way off though. I just hope to be able to keep up with my journaling on a regular basis as my school and family schedule gets pretty hectic.

Anyhow, here is my new workout split:

Day1: Quads and Calves
    Day2: Shoulders/ Hamstrings and Abs
    Day3: Chest and Calves
    Day4: Back/Hamstrings (light )/Abs
    Day5: Arms and Calves

I like to workout 3 days on and 1 day off and then 2 days on and 1 day off, but with a new semester starting and a new schedule I haven’t figured out what days will be my off days yet. I do 4 exercises per muscle group with 4 sets. Sometimes I do more sets and other times it’s less depending on weather I’m supersetting my exercises. I also switch the intensity of my workouts around. Week one I train heavy (6 to 8 reps), week two it’s medium ( 8 to 10 reps) and week three it’s light (15 reps). I don’t always stick to those numbers and try listen to my body instead. If I feel like I can push out another rep or two then I do it and think that next time I should go a little heavier with the weight. I am very anal retentive when it comes to rests between sets. I always wear a watch and make sure that my rests don’t go over 60 seconds except on heavy days I will rest 90 seconds. Once in a while I get caught up talking to people and that’s why I wear my headphones all the time. Cardio during the cold months is done 3 to 4 days a week and no more than 30 minutes. I love running so I still run on the treadmill (interval training) or I like the stairmaster. Once spring and summer comes, I love to run outside.

This past season was really difficult for me. My body wasn’t responding too well to my diet because I was very stressed out and hardly getting any sleep. I was training at 4:30am on an empty stomach and in a constant rush because of school and managing my family. I believe that my Cortisol levels must have been sky high. I was experiencing heart palpitations at night when trying to sleep and during the day I felt like I couldn’t breathe (anxiety attacks?). So I will not put myself through this again therefore am taking 2 years off from competing. I feel great now. I get to sleep longer and never train on an empty stomach. I’m more laid back about my workouts although I still train hard. If I need to take an extra day off from the gym I just do it. Also, I make sure that now I take a full week off (anywhere from 6 to 8 days) every 6 to 8 weeks. During my time off I don’t do anything related to working out. This is something new for me because I went on for years with hardly any time off. I would take off 1 week out of the entire year and train 6 days a week (weather it was lifting or cardio or training for a marathon). Well, I’m getting older and I don’t think my body can handle this plus I really need my time off to catch up with housework, homework, kids, husband, etc. Here are some pictures of me in contest shape or close to it:
    Attached Images

sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000)
    Just wanted to say HI Great that you have started a new journal with the new year! From what I have read of your posts, you seem to be a very positive person. Your pics are inspirational! EDIT: Just noticed your recent ones: They are even better. You have put on some great muscles there!

I wish you all the best for a year which will have lots of challenges for you! I look forward to reading all about it
    Last edited by sherdi; 12-31-2005 at 08:30 PM.

mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    OK, with all that said on to my diet and supplements. My supplement list has been shortened drastically as I feel that my body needs a break so currently I’m taking:

50mg DHEA
    10-20mg Vanadyl Sulfate
    Evening Primrose Oil
    Universal Storm (creatine)
    BCAA’s
    Glutamine
    EFA’s (flax oil or Total EFA)
    Super C Energy packet

I also cycle LeanMC by Ergopharm for metabolic support.
    My protein powders are a few different kinds by Beverly International and **********.

My diet is pretty high in protein and mod-low in carbs. I am very prone to weightgain and have to watch my carb intake as well as the types of carbs I eat. So my main sources of carbs are oats, fibrous veggies, Ezekiel bread, low carb tortillas and brown rice, sweet potatoes. My proteins are lean meats and I have been focusing on buying as many organic meat products as I can afford. I don’t eat much dairy. It’s usually cottage cheese and yogurt and some low fat cheese once in a blue moon. I do eat fruit and that is usually pre or post workout. I really don’t count calories and never paid attention until I started logging my food into fitday and realized how little calories I’m taking in. All I’ve always focused on is that I get enough protein and that my meals are fairly balanced. I make sure I eat every 2 to 3 hours. If I’m really hungry at the end of the day I will have a protein shake or a small snack of some sort. Off season, I do allow myself more snacks (usually fruit or something) and I have a cheat meal once a week.

So I am very “off season” right now and decided to take some pictures of what I currently look like. Taking pictures and looking back at them has really helped me to monitor my progress.

My current measurements are:

Chest: 35 ½”
    Neck: 14 ½”
    Waist: 27 ½”
    Bicep: 12 1/2”
    Hips: 35
    Thigh: 22 ¾”
    Calves: 15”

So, ideally I should have 15” biceps to be perfectly proportionate. That is going to be very hard to accomplish. I would like to put on a solid inch on my arms at the very least and will be focusing on that this coming year. I also need more separation in the hamstring and quad area. My quads are about as big as I want them and at this point my workout is focused on separation and hardness. My hamstrings on the other hand need a little bit of everything.

Some background info on me: I’ve been working out since I was in my late teens/early twenties mainly in order to keep my weight under control. I was a chubby child and did a lot of yo-yo dieting since I was about 11 years old. I ended up in the hospital by the time I was 16 from not eating right. Well, it took years for me to figure out how to eat but the main reason why I’ve been able to keep my weight off is due to exercise. I didn’t get into serious bodybuilding until a few years ago. Up until then I lifted 3 to 4 days a week and did a lot of running. I knew some basic exercises but never pushed myself hard enough. I just didn’t know and never really researched bodybuilding. I got pretty serious about long distance running for a while and ran 25 to 35 miles a week. I even gave up lifting altogether in order to make more time for my runs (silly me). Well, I met someone at the gym who turned my entire world upside down by introducing me to competitive bodybuilding and I am hooked
    Attached Images

Today I woke up with what I thought was a cold but it turned out that I think it's more like a mild case of the flu I have had chills and terrible body aches all day. This morning I did workout and wasn't 100%. I am also suffering from what I think is a Rotator Cuff injury of some sort that I am having looked at on the 17th of Jan. Until then I am going easy on my workouts because I can't afford to make it any worse. I soaked in my jacuzzi first thing in the morning and then rubbed in some Bayer muscle cream then I was off to work out.

*Chest and Bi's*

Smith Incline Press
    50lb X 10
    60 X 8
    70 X 6
    70 X 6

Hammer Mach Incine Press (1st time using this type of machine)
    50X 15
    70X 12
    90X10
    120X6

Cables
    30x8
    35x8
    35x8
    40x6

Low Incline Dumbell Flies
    20 x10
    25x8
    25x8
    30x6

Biceps

Standing bar curls
    50x8
    60x5
    60x5
    60x6

Preacher concentration curls
    25x6
    25x6
    25x6
    25x6

Standing Hammer Curls
    25x7
    25x7
    25x8
    30x4

Standing Cable Curls (bar)
    75x10
    95x6
    100x6
    110x6

Calves

Calf raises (machine)
    140x12
    160x12
    180x12
    200x12

front shin curls
    60x10
    50x15
    60x15
    70x12

Sitting Calf Raises

90x15
    90x15
    90x15
    90x15

I did cardio at the end of my workout for 30 mins on the Elliptical Machine

Diet was good since I cheated last night and had some Pizza.

1. whole wheat bagel w/ 1Tb almond butter
    protein shake

2. PWO protein shake with banana and frozen strawberries

2. 96/4 lean ground beef patty and mixed veggies with 1/4 of fresh salsa

3. Egg Beaters veggie omellete (this was very large...at a restaurant)

4. 1 cup of Greek Yogurt and some sf razberry syrup

I'm not sure if I'm going to eat anymore today. I just took some Theraflu and am not very hungy. Tomorrow is my day off and hopefully I will feel better by Monday.

KiwiNovice will become famous soon enough. (+50) KiwiNovice will become famous soon enough. (+50) KiwiNovice will become famous soon enough. (+50) KiwiNovice will become famous soon enough. (+50) KiwiNovice will become famous soon enough. (+50) KiwiNovice will become famous soon enough. (+50) KiwiNovice will become famous soon enough. (+50) KiwiNovice will become famous soon enough. (+50) KiwiNovice will become famous soon enough. (+50) KiwiNovice will become famous soon enough. (+50) KiwiNovice will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hi ... your pic's & progress are awe inspiring to say the least. You have a beautiful physique. It's going to be an amazing read following your journey.
    BODYBUILDING - 'JUST LOVIN' IT'

Enter every activity without giving mental recognition to the possibility of defeat. Concentrate on your strengths instead of your weaknesses, on your powers instead of your problems. Paul J. Meyer

Toughness is in the soul and spirit, not in muscles. Alex Karras

Buff bride to be imperfectly_lou's Avatar
    imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Welcome to the journal section! I'm really excited to see you have started a journal, I'm sure I can learn a lot from it

~~~~ Lover/Fighter ~~~~ dragon*princess's Avatar
    dragon*princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) dragon*princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) dragon*princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) dragon*princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) dragon*princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) dragon*princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) dragon*princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) dragon*princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) dragon*princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) dragon*princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) dragon*princess will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I have been looking forward to seeing you start a journal.
    Your journal will certainly be an asset.

Awesome...2006 is already off to a great start.

xoxo subscribed xoxo

JennP will become famous soon enough. (+50) JennP will become famous soon enough. (+50) JennP will become famous soon enough. (+50) JennP will become famous soon enough. (+50) JennP will become famous soon enough. (+50) JennP will become famous soon enough. (+50) JennP will become famous soon enough. (+50) JennP will become famous soon enough. (+50) JennP will become famous soon enough. (+50) JennP will become famous soon enough. (+50) JennP will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hi Mommy*2*3,

I also just wanted to say hello and tell you how excited I am that you have started up a journal. Your words are going to provide a valuable education, and immeasurable inspiration, to many of us.

Happy 2006!
    If we don't change the direction we are headed, we will end up where we are going. - Chinese proverb

Fit_Cubana has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fit_Cubana has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fit_Cubana has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fit_Cubana has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fit_Cubana has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fit_Cubana has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fit_Cubana has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fit_Cubana has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fit_Cubana has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Happy New Years!

I'm so excited that you started a journal and I'm looking forward to following your progress. You give some of the best advice on this forum and I hope to be able to learn a lot from your journal.

You look amazing in both you contest ready and present pictures. I can't believe that you have children b/c you look so young! How many children do you have?

Also how many contests have you competed in? And how tall are you? Sorry I'm full of questions this morning-lol.

I hope your feeling better, take care of yourself and rest up!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone and HAPPY NEW YEAR !!

I did forget to mention some of my basic stats..duh.

I'm 32yrs old, 5'1" , 130lbs. My contest weight this past year was 115

My scale at home is not very accurate and I always have to add a few lbs to what it says. Actually, I don't like to get on the scale too often because it seems like my weight can fluctuate as much as 5 lbs from one day to the next.

I have competed 3 times and won (1st lightweight) and Overall 2 out of the 3 competitions. The 3rd comp, I placed 2nd.

Originally Posted by Fit_Cubana
    Happy New Years!

I'm so excited that you started a journal and I'm looking forward to following your progress. You give some of the best advice on this forum and I hope to be able to learn a lot from your journal.

You look amazing in both you contest ready and present pictures. I can't believe that you have children b/c you look so young! How many children do you have?

Also how many contests have you competed in? And how tall are you? Sorry I'm full of questions this morning-lol.

I hope your feeling better, take care of yourself and rest up!
    Thanks for reminding me to include more of my stats
    Well, I have 3 children. They are 15 (boy), 14(girl), 4 (girl). We have one biological daughter (4 yr old) and two (teenagers) are adopted. I have been part of their life for 10 years now. Yes, I'm a little young to have two teenagers one of which is driving already (yikes!). They all keep me on my toes and as those of you that have kids know...there is always something going on.

terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Wow.. you look amazing.. I can't wait to look that good. Sorry to hear you are sick, take care.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

www.hotnfit.com - need help with fat loss, muscle gain, or having a healthy pregnancy? Visit my site! Yes safe for work and mobile friendly :)

www.********.com/hotnfitcom

moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000)

Smile

I am really looking forward to reading your workout journal with your training routines and diet. You look amazing and will serve as an inspiration to all of us. I will definitely be following it weekly if not daily!!

I also hope that you are feeling better. I know the feeling - been a little under the weather for the past two days which is unusual for me and I have not worked out in 2 days which is not normal for me either!! lol I am like you - working out 6 days a week - and now trying to listen more to my body to not overtrain it.

Take care and feel better.

White Knight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) White Knight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) White Knight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) White Knight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) White Knight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) White Knight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) White Knight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) White Knight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) White Knight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) White Knight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) White Knight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wow, you're looking great and am looking forwward to follwing your progress.....

Nice detailed log as well
    “Knowledge and experience are the only real paths to success. But passion will clear the path of any debris and roadblocks along the way.”

-----------------------
    My site - www.whiteknight.ca

ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Oh yay - this is exciting. Another role model with a journal.

You look great as always! I'll be interested to read your journal.

Ok...I'm officially sick. This morning I was miserable and took some cold medicine which didn't do much for me. I do feel a little better right now. I've been drinking water all day and must be way over a gallon so far...also took 2 Super C Energy packets and maybe I'll have one more later tonight. I discovered these not too long ago and really like them. Each packet has 25 calories and 6 carbs and tastes like juice but it's a vitamin drink.

Diet so far has been:

1. whole wheat bagel and 1 tbs almond butter
    2. protein shake and a 1/2 small banana and total EFA ( 1 tsp)
    3. 6oz salmon and 2 cups of mixed veggies (cauliflower, broccoli, carrots and green beans)
    4. low carb tortilla wrap and 4 oz of sliced turkey

still plan on eating:

5. 4-5 oz of chicken and veggies
    6. protein shake

ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Feel better soon!

P.S. I can't help but ask: Is your meal #1 typically devoid of protein or is this just b/c you are sick?

Originally Posted by dbflgirl
    P.S. I can't help but ask: Is your meal #1 typically devoid of protein or is this just b/c you are sick?
    No, I typically always have protein. This morning I didn't feel like making anything and just ate a bagel. I usually have my oatmeal pancakes wich are about a 50/50 ratio p/c and I made enough for an entire week today, so that's what I'll be having tomorrow.

Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I am looking forward to following your journey....How exciting it is to be a part of someone with the same interest and goals in bodybuilding.

It's so nice to know you--A new friend--Yeah!

The best of luck to you...Have Fun.

--Joan

PS. I really hope you shake this flu thing, quckly!
    In this world, there is Real and Make-Believe. To fear is one thing. To let fear grab you by the tail and swing you around is another. ▪█──────█▪

She-Hulk in the making IronMaiden1522's Avatar
    IronMaiden1522 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronMaiden1522 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronMaiden1522 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronMaiden1522 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronMaiden1522 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronMaiden1522 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronMaiden1522 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronMaiden1522 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronMaiden1522 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronMaiden1522 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronMaiden1522 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hey There!!

I am really glad that you have started a journal, as I have read many of your posts in the forum and you are very knowledgeable and I think you will be a great help to everyone here!!

You look amazing as well

And 12 1/2" biceps!! Holy I am so jealous, I wish you luck to get your 15's!

I hope you get better soon

redhead75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redhead75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redhead75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redhead75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redhead75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redhead75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redhead75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redhead75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redhead75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redhead75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redhead75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Like everyone else I am glad you have started a journal!! It is nice to get great information and your pictures are awesome. I too hate to weigh myself and it sucks being a midget. One extra gram of carbs and you see it the next day Good luck and this will definelty be a "Stephen King" of all journals!!
    chocoholic

Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000)
    It's great to see you finally starting a journal!

I hope you get to feeling better soon!

Happy New Year!
    Jonathan Alexander was born 8-11-08
    8-11-08: 5lbs 12oz, 19 inches long
    8-13-08: 5lbs 6oz
    8-25-08: 7lbs, 19.5 inches long
    10-14-08: 11lbs 12oz, 21.75 in. long

Thanks for the "feel better" wishes everyone I do feel much better today but am not back to normal. I did workout because I felt rather energetic and I hate missing workouts. I once again rubben in some Bayer muscle cream into my shoulder area. Shoulder feels not too bad today. This is something that kind of comes and goes but the pain always there to some degree.

Meal 1: Oatmeal pancakes and 1/4 c. blueberries

Preworkout drink: 1 serving of Storm mixed w/ 1 scoop of glutamine and 1 serving of BCAA's. I start drinking this about 30 minutes prior to working out and finish it at the gym.

*Back/Hams*

Back

Pull-ups
    4 sets of 6

Seated Cable Rows (wide grip)
    80 x10
    110x6
    120x6
    130x6

Lat Pulldowns (wide grip)
    80x8
    90x6
    90x6
    90x6

Bent over rows
    45lb bar + 50 x8
    +70x6
    +70x6
    +70x6

Deadlifts (knees bent)
    45lb bar + 70x8
    +90x6
    +90x6
    +90x7

Hamstrings

Lying Leg Curls
    80x8
    100x8
    120x8
    140x8

Standing Leg Curls
    30x8
    50x8
    50x8
    50x8

Abs

3 supersets of 25 reps each
    reg crunch
    oblique crunch

rest 30 seconds between each superset

25 min on Elliptical

meal 2: PWO shake: whey isolate and dextrose/maltodextrin mix ( carb mix is a 50/50 ratio) plus 1 serving of glutamine and BCAA's. Protein to carb mix is 1:2 ratio

meal 3: 4 oz chicken w/ ff chicken gravy/ 1/2 sweet potato and mixed veggies

meal 4: 1 cup Greek yogurt and 2 Tbs. natty almond butter

meal 5: 5 oz chicken w/ff turkey gravy and broccoli

meal 6 will be protein shake with EFA's
    Last edited by mommy*2*3; 01-02-2006 at 05:23 PM.

I feel really good this morning except for the little bit of congestion that's left. I had 3 more packets of my Super C Energy drinks yesterday and one more this morning. I was really looking forward to my arms workout today since I have never trained arms all on their own. Well, it turned out to be a pretty hard workout!

I also forgot to mention that I always warmup on the treadmill from 5 to 10 minutes before lifting.

*Biceps/Triceps/Calves*

Biceps

Standing Barbell Curls
    50x8
    50x10
    50x10
    60x8

Incline Dumbell Curls
    20x10
    20x10
    20x10
    20x10

Cable Concentration Curls
    20x12
    25x12
    30x12
    35x10

EZ Bar Reverse-Grip Curls
    40x8
    40x8
    40x8
    40x10

Triceps

Cable Press-Downs (t-bar)
    85x12
    95x12
    110x12
    110x10

Overhead Dumbell Extensions (Seated/Single)
    15x10
    15x10
    15x10
    15x9

Cable D-handle extensions (Single)
    30x10
    30x10
    30x10
    30x10

Close Grip Bench Press
    50x10
    50x12
    50x12
    50x12

Calves

Angled Seated Calf Raise
    140x15
    160x15
    180x20
    180x20

Calf Raises on Leg Press Machine
    *Toes-in/Toes-out/Toes-straight/Toes-straight
    180x20
    180x20
    180x20
    225x20

No cardio today

Diet

meal 1: Oatmeal pancakes
    (1/2 c oats, 1/4 c cottage cheese, 3 egg whites, 1 whole egg, 1Tbs of flax meal, nutmeg, cinnamon & stevia or Splenda)

meal 2: PWO shake--whey, strawberries and banana

meal 3: 1/2 Zone Bar, 4.5 oz canned turkey with celery, light mayo, mustard & low carb tortilla wrap

meal 4: canned tuna & 1/4 cup of fresh salsa

meal 5: 5 oz chicken and 2 c mxed veggies

meal 6: protein shake
    Last edited by mommy*2*3; 01-03-2006 at 04:47 PM.

Back2zero will become famous soon enough. (+50) Back2zero will become famous soon enough. (+50) Back2zero will become famous soon enough. (+50) Back2zero will become famous soon enough. (+50) Back2zero will become famous soon enough. (+50) Back2zero will become famous soon enough. (+50) Back2zero will become famous soon enough. (+50) Back2zero will become famous soon enough. (+50) Back2zero will become famous soon enough. (+50) Back2zero will become famous soon enough. (+50) Back2zero will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hi!

First post in here... Just wanted to say that your pics are truly motivating! I will certainly be coming in here to steal a few ideas...
    Looking straight ahead

StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Love your wo!!! Did you enjoy your frist 'arm only' day??

Jaci has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey, you look amazing!!! Glad to hear you're feeling a little bit better!!!

How do you make your pancakes?

and how do you store them to keep them good for the whole week?

Looking forward to more of your tips and suggestions!!!

*J

dIgInIt will become famous soon enough. (+50) dIgInIt will become famous soon enough. (+50) dIgInIt will become famous soon enough. (+50) dIgInIt will become famous soon enough. (+50) dIgInIt will become famous soon enough. (+50) dIgInIt will become famous soon enough. (+50) dIgInIt will become famous soon enough. (+50) dIgInIt will become famous soon enough. (+50) dIgInIt will become famous soon enough. (+50) dIgInIt will become famous soon enough. (+50) dIgInIt will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm so glad you have a journal now! You're an inspiration to many on the board! I've thought about starting a journal since Jan 1 began my cutting phase (rolleyes) but I haven't made up my mind yet Good luck on reaching all of your goals!
    I love being a lady.

Originally Posted by powells2
    Love your wo!!! Did you enjoy your frist 'arm only' day??
    I am really going to like training arms all by themselves and give them the attention they need. This is going to give me a chance to be a little more creative with my exercises since I won't be so fatigued. I used to train bi's with chest and tri's with back. That worked for me for a while but I like the change