Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Critique My Routine *Reps*

Goals: mass and strength, mainly mass/size.

Please rate and comment on my routine. Constructive criticism is very welcomed!

Abs are worked daily.

------

Monday - Back

Deadlift 5 x 5
    Bent-Over Barbell Row 3 x 8
    Lat Pulldown 3 x 8
    Seated Cable Row 3 x 8
    Hyperextension 3 x 8

Tuesday - Chest

Flat Barbell Bench Press 5 x 5
    Standing Cable Flys 3 x 8
    Incline Dumbbell Bench Press 3 x 8
    Dumbbell Pullover 3 x 15

Wednesday - Legs

Squat 5 x 5-8
    Leg Press 3 x 8
    Leg Extension 3 x 8
    Leg Curl 3 x 8
    Seated Calf Raise 4 x 10

Thursday - Arms

Triceps Rope Pushdowns 4 x 8
    Triceps Rope Extension 4 x 8
    Hammer Curls 4 x 8
    Dumbbell Curls 4 x 8

Friday - Shoulders

Seated Barbell Military Press 5 x 5
    Reverse Back Flys 3 x 8
    Lateral Dumbbell Raise 3 x 8
    Seated Dumbbell Press 3 x 8
    Dumbbell Shrugs 3 x 15

Saturday - Rest

Sunday - Rest
    Last edited by Majestyc; 01-12-2008 at 09:38 PM.

HALTEH is just really nice. (+1000) HALTEH is just really nice. (+1000) HALTEH is just really nice. (+1000) HALTEH is just really nice. (+1000) HALTEH is just really nice. (+1000) HALTEH is just really nice. (+1000) HALTEH is just really nice. (+1000) HALTEH is just really nice. (+1000) HALTEH is just really nice. (+1000) HALTEH is just really nice. (+1000) HALTEH is just really nice. (+1000)
    Not bad.

Put try putting a few bodyparts on the same day though. 5 days, I personaly don't like.

Maybe triceps with chest, and biceps with back.
    Pain heals, chicks dig scars; glory lasts forever.

theend2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theend2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theend2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theend2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theend2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theend2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theend2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theend2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theend2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theend2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theend2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    dont work abs every day.

Also why do you have 2 rest days in a row? If its because you cant get to the gym on the weekends i understand. make either weds or thurs a rest day. Remove the shrugs from back day since you are working them on fri with shoulders.
    475/330/545 @ 242

Chino. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chino. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chino. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chino. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chino. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chino. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chino. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chino. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chino. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chino. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chino. will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Majestyc View Post

Abs are worked daily.

------

Monday - Back

Deadlift 5 x 5
    Lat Pulldown 3 x 8
    Seated Cable Row 3 x 8
    Hyperextension 3 x 8
    Dumbbell Shrugs 3 x 15

Tuesday - Chest

Dumbbell Pullover 3 x 15

Wednesday - Legs

Squat 5 x 5-8
    Leg Press 3 x 8
    Leg Extension 3 x 8
    Leg Curl 3 x 8
    Seated Calf Raise 4 x 10

Thursday - Arms

Hammer Curls 4 x 8
    Dumbbell Curls 4 x 8

Friday - Shoulders

Reverse Back Flys 3 x 8
    Dumbbell Shrugs 3 x 15

Saturday - Rest

Sunday - Rest
    holy ****. thats like identical to one of my older routines, which btw worked very well.
    EAT FOR GAINS, NOT FOR TASTE!

reps back

Mugshot will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mugshot will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mugshot will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mugshot will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mugshot will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mugshot will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mugshot will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mugshot will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mugshot will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mugshot will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mugshot will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Looks almost identical to me also.
    haha
    good routine, you will be happy with the results you will acheive
    Shut the F#%k up and train

Chris~ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chris~ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chris~ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chris~ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chris~ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chris~ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chris~ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chris~ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chris~ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chris~ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chris~ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    looks ok i'd take the shrugs out and put em in shoulders

LesterGene is just really nice. (+1000) LesterGene is just really nice. (+1000) LesterGene is just really nice. (+1000) LesterGene is just really nice. (+1000) LesterGene is just really nice. (+1000) LesterGene is just really nice. (+1000) LesterGene is just really nice. (+1000) LesterGene is just really nice. (+1000) LesterGene is just really nice. (+1000) LesterGene is just really nice. (+1000) LesterGene is just really nice. (+1000)

Talking

Originally Posted by theend2 View Post
    dont work abs every day.
    x2 don't do it everyday, here's a guide if your interested:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=308125
    "Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible."
    -Francis of Assisi

***|*--The Miscterious Gentlemen--*|***

A-Russ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) A-Russ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) A-Russ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) A-Russ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) A-Russ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) A-Russ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) A-Russ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) A-Russ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) A-Russ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) A-Russ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) A-Russ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i worked a schedule just like that for awhile except nowhere near that many sets. 5 days a week was great, but it kills your CNS.

Its good your working each body part once a week. I have seen much better gains now that i work each muscle group once every 7-10 days.

People don't seem to realize that when your resting is when you grow.
    More workouts doesn't always = better.

but like someone else mentioned, cut out shrugs on back day. and i would lower the number of sets (but thats just me). Fairly good routine.

Goheels is on a distinguished road. (+10) Goheels is on a distinguished road. (+10) Goheels is on a distinguished road. (+10) Goheels is on a distinguished road. (+10) Goheels is on a distinguished road. (+10) Goheels is on a distinguished road. (+10) Goheels is on a distinguished road. (+10) Goheels is on a distinguished road. (+10) Goheels is on a distinguished road. (+10) Goheels is on a distinguished road. (+10) Goheels is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If your really looking to pack on mass take out the leg day, and do legs on monday and thursday with what you already have going on. A four day split with legs getting done twice a week should be good. Maybe alternate normal squats with front squats in addition to what you have down already. Squats = that natural GH.
    www.buildurbody.com
    Eddie Guerrero (1967-2005, R.I.P.)
    Sometimes you just got to lie, cheat, and steal to overcome your demons.

colinosmar123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colinosmar123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colinosmar123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colinosmar123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colinosmar123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colinosmar123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colinosmar123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colinosmar123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colinosmar123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colinosmar123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colinosmar123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Abs are worked daily.

------

Monday - Back

Deadlift 5 x 5
    Lat Pulldown 3 x 8
    Seated Cable Row 3 x 8
    Hyperextension 3 x 8
    Dumbbell Shrugs 3 x 15

try supersetting your dumbbell shrugs with the deadlift. dont put much focus on the hyperextensions, do them last. personally id replace seated cable row with t-bar row, but that ones more personal so ill leave that up to you

Tuesday - Chest

Dumbbell Pullover 3 x 15

ditch the flys for dips and do incline bench press either before or after flat bench press, dont do stuff in between (you need more energy for that lift then you do for what you have second)

Wednesday - Legs

Squat 5 x 5-8
    Leg Press 3 x 8
    Leg Extension 3 x 8
    Leg Curl 3 x 8
    Seated Calf Raise 4 x 10

since you have squats in there for mass, try doing your leg press with just 1 leg at a time and really focusising on it. replace the leg curls with stiff legged deadlifts. if your calves are lagging a bit try adding in standing calves as well, do them in between sets for your quads to help cut down on rest time.

Thursday - Arms

Hammer Curls 4 x 8
    Dumbbell Curls 4 x 8

do shoulders before arms, well rested triceps are more important for a shoulder day then an arms day. ditch both the triceps workouts you have listed here, no intensity in either of them. try doing skullcrushers and close grip press with an ez-curl bar, youll develop far more tricep strength and mass this way, use one of the rope lifts after youve done the two other triceps things ive mentioned. hammer curls are good but try doing them after your dumbbell curls.

Friday - Shoulders

Reverse Back Flys 3 x 8
    Dumbbell Shrugs 3 x 15

youve got both seated bb military press and seated db press, choose one or the other, unless you have a specific reason for doing both they work the same thing. ditch the dumbbell shrugs, your barbell shrugs and deadlifting more then sufficiently work your traps. by lateral dumbbell raises i hope you mean both to the side and to the front, at least to the side.

Saturday - Rest

Sunday - Rest
    pretty solid routine, try giving some of my suggestions a go and let me know what you think, its a far better routine then ive seen alot of people have.

if your just looking for mass/size dont bother isolation work on your abs, deadlifting/squatting helps solidify core strength and if your not focussing on becoming an ab model or ripped or something like that you dont need to work them specifically, not until you want to cut anyway.

5 days a week with 2 days in a row off is perfectly fine, youd be amazed at how much workload your body can handle just fine, make sure your eating enough and sleeping enough and youll be plenty rested.
    Last edited by colinosmar123; 01-12-2008 at 09:23 PM.

KellerLB is on a distinguished road. (+10) KellerLB is on a distinguished road. (+10) KellerLB is on a distinguished road. (+10) KellerLB is on a distinguished road. (+10) KellerLB is on a distinguished road. (+10) KellerLB is on a distinguished road. (+10) KellerLB is on a distinguished road. (+10) KellerLB is on a distinguished road. (+10) KellerLB is on a distinguished road. (+10) KellerLB is on a distinguished road. (+10) KellerLB is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Monday - Back

Deadlift 5 x 5
    Lat Pulldown 3 x 8
    Seated Cable Row 3 x 8
    Hyperextension 3 x 8
    Dumbbell Shrugs 3 x 15

Tuesday - Chest

Dumbbell Pullover 3 x 15

Wednesday - Legs

Squat 5 x 5-8
    Leg Press 3 x 8
    Dumbell Lunges 3 x 8
    Leg Curl 3 x 8
    Seated Calf Raise 4 x 10

Thursday - Arms

Dips 4 x 8
    Close Grip Bench Press
    Hammer Curls 4 x 8
    Dumbbell Curls 4 x 8

Friday - Shoulders

Reverse Back Flys 3 x 8
    Dumbbell Shrugs 3 x 15

Saturday - Rest

Sunday - Rest

few minor changes to excercises other than that it looks good.. also id switch up days if u could

mon - back
    tues - Chest
    Wed - Legs
    Thurs - Off
    Friday - Arms
    Saturday - Shoulders
    Sunday - Off

but that has to work with your schedule so if u can't its still fine
    Legalize it and I will advertise it!

Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Removed shrugs from back day.

Why shouldn't abs be worked daily? Mine seem to heal pretty fast.

Goheels is on a distinguished road. (+10) Goheels is on a distinguished road. (+10) Goheels is on a distinguished road. (+10) Goheels is on a distinguished road. (+10) Goheels is on a distinguished road. (+10) Goheels is on a distinguished road. (+10) Goheels is on a distinguished road. (+10) Goheels is on a distinguished road. (+10) Goheels is on a distinguished road. (+10) Goheels is on a distinguished road. (+10) Goheels is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You should be doing weighted ab work with some edurance type exercises as well. And just like everything else it needs repair time, plus your core is the base for alot of your other lifts, so it does need to be fresh at times. I'd say three times a week or so should be sufficient.
    www.buildurbody.com

Originally Posted by Goheels View Post
    You should be doing weighted ab work with some edurance type exercises as well. And just like everything else it needs repair time, plus your core is the base for alot of your other lifts, so it does need to be fresh at times. I'd say three times a week or so should be sufficient.
    My ab routine:

Weighted Decline Crunches
    Hanging Leg Raises
    Ab Machine

I'll start doing abs three times a week instead of five.

colinosmar123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colinosmar123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colinosmar123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colinosmar123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colinosmar123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colinosmar123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colinosmar123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colinosmar123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colinosmar123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colinosmar123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colinosmar123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Removed shrugs from back day.

Why shouldn't abs be worked daily? Mine seem to heal pretty fast.
    wow dont remove shrugs from your back day, those are perfect in there. deadlifting works your traps pretty good, but instead of sitting around resting after a sit of deadlifts, load up some more weight and do some really heavy shrugs. you can superset the two lifts, work your traps even better and cut down on rest time all at once. just drop the db shrugs from your shoulder day, they have no place there.

My ab routine:

Weighted Decline Crunches
    Hanging Leg Raises
    Ab Machine

I'll start doing abs three times a week instead of five.
    Strong, thats my general ab routine. You need to add in some core type stuff to. Planks, Side planks, supermans, and the like.
    www.buildurbody.com

BabyGunz76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyGunz76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyGunz76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyGunz76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyGunz76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyGunz76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyGunz76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyGunz76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyGunz76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyGunz76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyGunz76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    i do:

Monday-Chest/abs
    Tuesday-Back
    Wednesday-Rest
    Thursday-Shoulders/Traps/Abs
    Friday-Legs
    Saturday-Arms/Abs
    Sunday-Rest
    Georgia Bulldogs/Orlando Magic/Miami Dolphins/UCF Knights/BoSox

Registered User cemetarygates31's Avatar
    cemetarygates31 is not very helpful. (-500) cemetarygates31 is not very helpful. (-500) cemetarygates31 is not very helpful. (-500) cemetarygates31 is not very helpful. (-500) cemetarygates31 is not very helpful. (-500) cemetarygates31 is not very helpful. (-500) cemetarygates31 is not very helpful. (-500) cemetarygates31 is not very helpful. (-500) cemetarygates31 is not very helpful. (-500) cemetarygates31 is not very helpful. (-500) cemetarygates31 is not very helpful. (-500)
    defidently dont work abs everyday
    youll over train them and see no improvement

Thanks for posting, everyone. I'm looking for some more suggestions.

Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by colinosmar123 View Post
    wow dont remove shrugs from your back day, those are perfect in there. deadlifting works your traps pretty good, but instead of sitting around resting after a sit of deadlifts, load up some more weight and do some really heavy shrugs. you can superset the two lifts, work your traps even better and cut down on rest time all at once. just drop the db shrugs from your shoulder day, they have no place there.
    nice

traps arent actually part of your shoulders. they are part of your upper back

Originally Posted by Delgadido View Post
    traps arent actually part of your shoulders. they are part of your upper back
    Does it matter which day you train traps on?

catsonfire is just really nice. (+1000) catsonfire is just really nice. (+1000) catsonfire is just really nice. (+1000) catsonfire is just really nice. (+1000) catsonfire is just really nice. (+1000) catsonfire is just really nice. (+1000) catsonfire is just really nice. (+1000) catsonfire is just really nice. (+1000) catsonfire is just really nice. (+1000) catsonfire is just really nice. (+1000) catsonfire is just really nice. (+1000)
    8-12 rep range is best suited for hypertrophy (mass-adding stage) which you said were your goals. Don't go below 8 reps on anything.