whiplash21093 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

The horrifiic pear shaped body at 50

back into bodybuilding. although bodybuilding and me still seem like an oxymoron...Ok, my body is weird and so I need to figure out the best way to go..My upper body needs bulk, yet my legs seem heavier, and I have child bearing hips for a man. I have that pear shaped look. I only have a clothed pic, but you can get the drift, but without clothes you would see my dilemma

What would be a good program to build my upper body. I am afraid if I work my lower body extensively that I will look better, but a pear shaped better.

I wish I had enough guts to place a clothes challenged shot, but I am too shame based.

tom
    Attached Images

ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Your legs dont really look big in that picture, you look like just a normal, everyday person. Pear shaped?

Just try a basic, full body routine..itll beef you up some.

Deadlifts
    Squats
    Bench Press
    Military Press
    Barbell Curls
    Dips
    Calf Raises
    Stiff legged deadlifts
    Bent Over rows
    Chins

You cant really give specifics wearing clothers completely covering your body, even a pair of shorts and a tank top would help if you feel embarassed.
    Last edited by ja2001x; 10-19-2002 at 11:35 AM.

LIL-ONE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ...YOUR LEGS LOOK FINE FROM WHAT I CAN SEE..JUST TRY BULKING UP AND YOUR UPPERBODY WILL GROW INTO PROPORTION WITH EVERYTHING ELSE...
    iT MusT SuCK To Be UgLy....

blessthemartyr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    To me, at least by that picture, you don't look bad at all. Muscular not at all but overall healthy.

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    moving this to the 'over 35 section' that's where you need to ask
    lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000)
    First comment, what were you pissed about Really depending on your goals alot of folks would rather have your situation. From the body type you discribed you will be a natural at squats. My last partner was built like you, he made me sick when it came to squats. If it's size you are going for you got it made. Do a basic routine and work on the diet to lose fat, diet is key. Turn the negs into poss. They are not child bearing hips, they are weight bearing hypes which will help make your waist look smaller when you lose any fat there. Also strong legs help build mass over all your body. Look at the pro's, look at there legs.
    starting over!!!!!!!!!!