domtheitalian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domtheitalian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domtheitalian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domtheitalian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domtheitalian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domtheitalian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domtheitalian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domtheitalian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domtheitalian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domtheitalian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domtheitalian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Doing HITT Twice a day good or bad?

Well i am about to start cutting phase intensely, to lose fat before i have to do springball for football. I have recently read in some articles that HITT is the most efficient fat burning type of cardio. It preserves muscle and also increase muscle mass. Enough of that would two sessions of 28 minutes of HITT 1 minute walk, 1minute sprint, 1minutes walk.. be to much and really hurt me by causing muscle loss? I cant lose muscle i have to keep it to play football, i am just trying to lose only fat or close enough...

bjmalin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bjmalin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bjmalin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bjmalin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bjmalin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bjmalin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by domtheitalian View Post
    Well i am about to start cutting phase intensely, to lose fat before i have to do springball for football. I have recently read in some articles that HITT is the most efficient fat burning type of cardio. It preserves muscle and also increase muscle mass. Enough of that would two sessions of 28 minutes of HITT 1 minute walk, 1minute sprint, 1minutes walk.. be to much and really hurt me by causing muscle loss? I cant lose muscle i have to keep it to play football, i am just trying to lose only fat or close enough...
    That seem like a lot to me...IMO I would hit the weights 3 days a week and HIIT 3 days a week once per day. your diet is about 80% of fat loss IMO.

Just my .02...good luck bro!!
    Just lift heavy a$$ weights and eat on dat healthy s**t!

The Iron never lies to you. - Henry Rollins

Are you doing heavy lifting with the barbell, or are you just playing with the pink dumbbells? - Doobie2270

KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    A lot of people here are going to tell you that's too much, but I disagree.

As long as you are eating to support it so that you aren't losing muscle, I think you'll end up in great shape for football season. My football team used to do the equivalent of several HIIT workouts a day during doubles in the 90 to 100 degree heat, and we made it through just fine.

bjmalin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bjmalin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bjmalin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bjmalin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bjmalin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bjmalin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by KowboysUp View Post
    A lot of people here are going to tell you that's too much, but I disagree.

As long as you are eating to support it so that you aren't losing muscle, I think you'll end up in great shape for football season. My football team used to do the equivalent of several HIIT workouts a day during doubles in the 90 to 100 degree heat, and we made it through just fine.
    would he have to increase his cals so not to go catabolic?

Are you doing heavy lifting with the barbell, or are you just playing with the pink dumbbells? - Doobie2270

KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) KowboysUp will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Cals should be set so as to lose the amount of fat you're aiming for. That's why it can be difficult at the start of a cut, you need to find the right level.

Originally Posted by KowboysUp View Post
    Cals should be set so as to lose the amount of fat you're aiming for. That's why it can be difficult at the start of a cut, you need to find the right level.
    what I mean is...doing that much HIIT on a cutting diet = muscle loss?

tosca is on a distinguished road. (+10) tosca is on a distinguished road. (+10) tosca is on a distinguished road. (+10) tosca is on a distinguished road. (+10) tosca is on a distinguished road. (+10) tosca is on a distinguished road. (+10) tosca is on a distinguished road. (+10) tosca is on a distinguished road. (+10) tosca is on a distinguished road. (+10) tosca is on a distinguished road. (+10) tosca is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    bad.

....for most people. unless you are super conditioned this will probably represent some degree of overtraining which leads to nothing good.

Shredd3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shredd3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shredd3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shredd3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shredd3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you can do HIIT 2 times a day for even 2 weeks i swear i would be sooooooooooooooooooooooo impressed its FUXed up.

i sometimes go to gym weights in the morning and FORCE!@ myself to do cardio in the afternoon. F HIIT 2 times a day. you will go to sleep to recover for like 18 hours bro...

dont recommend it. you will run down your body

TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Shredd3r View Post
    If you can do HIIT 2 times a day for even 2 weeks i swear i would be sooooooooooooooooooooooo impressed its FUXed up.

i sometimes go to gym weights in the morning and FORCE!@ myself to do cardio in the afternoon. F HIIT 2 times a day. you will go to sleep to recover for like 18 hours bro...

dont recommend it. you will run down your body
    x2...
    Only Those Who Risk Going Too Far Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go

Forever Cutting (My Road to 10%):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163945981

domtheitalian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domtheitalian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domtheitalian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domtheitalian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domtheitalian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domtheitalian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domtheitalian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domtheitalian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domtheitalian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domtheitalian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domtheitalian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well I did my once this morning and it was pretty good.. I am in very good condition for how much i weigh i currently weigh 285. Doing it twice a day doesn't seem to bad. The reason i haevnt mentioned lifting is because i strained my pec benching 355 8 times and i cant lift upper body for about 2 weeks only legs... So im going to keep my protein intake really high, carbs moderate and limit fat but keep enough.. Im taking a multivitamin, creatine, luekic, and zma. It shouldnt be to bad well see thanks for your support let me know what else you think about this...

@KowboysUp hey i know your pain we were doing 2 a days this summer when we you arent supposed to do because of the heat... But our coach believes that you play in the heat of the day, try 20 days of 2 a days in heat of between 110 and 137 on the field.... it really is not fun..

So i just got brainstorm 2 a days might be a bit much, but what if i do 3 times a week 2 hitt sessions instead of 2 everyday???? any thoughts?

Well i am 19 going on 20 i am a very resilient young man. I believe i am a cut above the average for the things i have been able to do and not be overtrained.
    Last edited by domtheitalian; 01-14-2008 at 05:58 AM. Reason: added

well loooks like my weight loss cutting may be hindered. Found out today i have a torn labrum from benching, i may have to get surgery. Anyone had a torn shoulder labrum? and how long did it take you to get back? because i have to choices play with pain and injections or do surgery??? anyone?

I tore the labrum in each of my shoulders while playing football. Amazingly, the only exercise in the gym it DIDN'T effect that much was bench press, it was something about the angle. Anything above my head, forget it, but strait out like for bench was fine.

Anyway, each time was quite painful for a couple of weeks, and I was limited in the weight room for a month, month and a half tops with each. At first you're going to think it's terrible, everyday activities can be pretty tough with just one arm. However it is a manageable injury, the pain will go down and range of motion will come back. I suggest against the surgery. I hear all the time from people that got the surgery and have no results/bad results, and I can tell you as someone who decided not to get the surgery but was still able to throw an 85 mph fastball a year later, your shoulder will be OK.

It probably won't feel exactly the same ever again, but it's manageable and don't let this get you down.

P.S. I got this shoulder brace called the Sullee, which basically holds your arm in the socket by severely limiting your range of motion (Yes, it's going to pop out a lot more easily from now on, sorry). You see NFL players with these type of things on one of their shoulders all the time. It sucks because it's hot as all hell to wear in practice, so I would take it off for running, but that thing may have saved my senior season, so look into it.

Kowboysup, thanks for the advice but unlike your injuries that are quite common, mine is on the rear side of the labrum. My shoulder wont pop out but instead the pain is concentrated on pushing which as a defensive lineman is what i do every play.... I dont know what to do because i need to be able to bench but with the pain i wont be able to... so im not sure yet thanks for your advice

Dash007 is just really nice. (+1000) Dash007 is just really nice. (+1000) Dash007 is just really nice. (+1000) Dash007 is just really nice. (+1000) Dash007 is just really nice. (+1000) Dash007 is just really nice. (+1000) Dash007 is just really nice. (+1000) Dash007 is just really nice. (+1000) Dash007 is just really nice. (+1000) Dash007 is just really nice. (+1000) Dash007 is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you can do 2 sessions of HITT a day you are not doing your first session hard enough.