Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    RnR is on a distinguished road. (+10) RnR is on a distinguished road. (+10) RnR is on a distinguished road. (+10) RnR is on a distinguished road. (+10) RnR is on a distinguished road. (+10) RnR is on a distinguished road. (+10) RnR is on a distinguished road. (+10) RnR is on a distinguished road. (+10) RnR is on a distinguished road. (+10) RnR is on a distinguished road. (+10) RnR is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i say give it a shot. i wish i did.

you don't know where your potential is. after my senior football season i got bigger, stronger and faster with a bb'ing wl'ing routine, not even speed training.

if you can eventually >230, < 4.7 and good wl'ing you may get yourself on the field someday. this may not come so naturally though, it will require a lot of work.
    Marge: Homer, the plant called. They said if you don't show up tomorrow don't bother showing up on Monday.
    Homer: Woo-hoo. Four-day weekend

Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I am in total agreement with Fullback here.....

My son (who turned 16 today) will be a Junior next year and was on Varsity as a sophmore. He played in every game on ST's and started 3 games at outside linebacker. This year he wants to go both ways at FB and OLB or DE.

Anyways back on point....USC is his love....that is where he totally wants to go as it is down the road and he has been a fan for a long time. he actually got to go up to the USC facilities with his trainer right after Christmas which put it in his blood even more to go there.....

But....lets face facts. he plays for a Div 5 but small school and isn't nationally ranked as a player yet or anything like that. the crem del a crem go to USC. There is a strong possibility that he will NOT immediately go to USC......but there are other routes to help pay for his education like going to a JUCO first or some other Div II school out here.

It is great to have a dream......but priorities really need to come first...In my mind that is education.

Oustide Linebacker 44 Dakidwondah's Avatar
    Dakidwondah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dakidwondah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dakidwondah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dakidwondah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dakidwondah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dakidwondah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dakidwondah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dakidwondah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    In my opininon your looking like a D2 player right now, I doubt you can successfully walk on D1.

tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I just want to make the team. I will worry about where to go from there. I think my work ethic and dedication to the sport can take me to some playing time. I like the sport too much.
    Last edited by tentex87; 01-16-2008 at 02:01 PM.
    NSCA-CPT

tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by RnR View Post
    i say give it a shot. i wish i did.

you don't know where your potential is. after my senior football season i got bigger, stronger and faster with a bb'ing wl'ing routine, not even speed training.

if you can eventually >230, < 4.7 and good wl'ing you may get yourself on the field someday. this may not come so naturally though, it will require a lot of work.
    If I was given a shot at getting in pads and being on the team. I guarantee you I could accompolish that within a year...easy. I am 215 with a 4.7 now. I am alot more explosive/faster since my highlight video thanks to a year of WSFSB.
    NSCA-CPT

Originally Posted by Fullback7 View Post
    I'll throw out my opinion on what I have read...

I dont know your reason to stay close to home, family reasons, girlfriend reasons, closer to friends,etc.. If its not because of the first reason, then I would highly consider more options. The other thing, is are you wanting to play at Memphis, because its a school you are deeply passionate about, or is it just because its the D-1 label that it has? I mean I grew up with Texas A&M in my blood, my grandfather is in the HOF there, my family has had season tickets since 1948, I would be a 3rd generation aggie, and I was named after 2 aggies, so I love the school, and could care less about if its d-1. Its the only school I could ever consider walking out to, and if I had more than 1 or 2 years of D1 time, I would do it. Football isnt going to carry you in life, thats something I learned the hard way. Realistically you aren't going to walk on and become a Heisman finalist like Colt Brennan. You should look into the education part of the equation first. I dont even think Memphis is in the top 125 schools in the nation for academics, or even in the top 50 in the south. You could also have a chance at receiving a free education at a d2 level school, which most of the time is cheaper than a d1 school. I do feel where you are coming from though, it would be the ****, to play for a division 1 school, I understand that.Also being a walk-on isnt a piece of cake, in the D2 and lower division you are basically treated equally. Most guys that are good, never receive a scholarship, some of these guys were all-district/conference or all/area.. It's very difficult and you get a lot of ****ty treatment from it at the d1 level. I just think you are looking past a lot of things that are more important. This is just my opinion that I am throwing out, I'm not trying to bring down your decision. I wish you the best of luck, no matter what you decide.
    I know being a walk-on is no where near a piece of cake. I just have this little glimpse of confidence because I played high school ball with a lot of the players. I know how good they are and that is where my confidence comes from. I blew my knee out in the first game of the season...then some of my buddies got recruited, I didn't get anything because I wasn't out there. I feel like I have worked too hard to just let this go now.
    NSCA-CPT

FireFit123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FireFit123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FireFit123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FireFit123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FireFit123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FireFit123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FireFit123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FireFit123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FireFit123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FireFit123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FireFit123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    how much experience do you have at linebacker? most of the plays i saw with you at linebacker had slow reads and false steps backwords on running plays
    "Show me a good and gracious loser, and I'll show you a failure."-Knute Rockne

"Pray not that god will simply hand you what you want but instead, that he will grant you with the strength and determination to earn what it is you seek"- personal

Originally Posted by FireFit123 View Post
    how much experience do you have at linebacker? most of the plays i saw with you at linebacker had slow reads and false steps backwords on running plays
    That was my first year at LB. I played like a walk-up SS before.
    NSCA-CPT

watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by WRbigbody View Post
    Ummm considering since one of my mentor's that went to my highschool, walked-on to a D-1 school with hardly any expierience and another walked-on and currently is with the New Orleans Saints with a 4 million dollar contract... (wow see what I did their?) You can try to back up who you know to prove a point, but the fact of the matter is this, the kid obviously has some talent... if he works hard, he could see time at a D-1 school... at Ohio State? Maybe not, but somewhere... Basically I cant say how hard it is, but neither can you.. because really we both havent done it, however I plan on doing it soon so I'll let you know how hard it is when I get their. I'm not trying to start an argument but everytime I see you telling guys to look at D-3, and smaller schools, if the guy wants to try and walk-on to a D-1 team, let him try its his life and not yours... the fact that you brought the guy out and he asked you to respect his personal business, just made me mad... let him live his life..
    The guys I know have told me how gruelin it is. Guys I stay in contact in 3-4 times a week, so I get updates pretty often. If you don't know how can you say that he will see time somewhere...? I'm just trying to shed light to guys who are mislead who watch all the games of walk-ons scoring TD's in bowl games when they really were preferred walk-ons or greyshirts that earned a scholly the year after they arrived. I'm trying to help him out because if you aren't a preferred walk-on there almost isn't going to be a chacne that money is available for you with all the other major athletes coming in. Then the fact that he could probabaly compete and excel at the Div. 2 level and get a scholarship possibly. This is the idea of all recruiting analyst and advisors around the nation. No matter what recruiting service.....

CLiTMASTA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CLiTMASTA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CLiTMASTA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CLiTMASTA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CLiTMASTA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CLiTMASTA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CLiTMASTA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CLiTMASTA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CLiTMASTA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CLiTMASTA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CLiTMASTA has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    go for it, a lot of people over here exaggerate what it takes to become a div-1 player.

Originally Posted by CLiTMASTA View Post
    go for it, a lot of people over here exaggerate what it takes to become a div-1 player.
    Yeah, when I was 15,16,17...I thought D-1 players were just absolute gods. Invincible athletes or some ****...until some of the people I played with were given full scholarships. Don't get me wrong a couple of these guys, I definintly thought would get them, but then there were others I was just like "how the hell did he get a scholarship?"

I don't know what I would have accompolished (football wise) out of high school. I played 3 games my senior year due to my knee injuries. Now, I am healthier, stronger, faster than ever. I was being looked at by several D-2 schools before my senior year even started...so hell I don't know who would have offered me something. I just don't know.

BTW, I love how young kids just know it all.
    NSCA-CPT

Originally Posted by watchandsee23 View Post
    The guys I know have told me how gruelin it is. Guys I stay in contact in 3-4 times a week, so I get updates pretty often. If you don't know how can you say that he will see time somewhere...? I'm just trying to shed light to guys who are mislead who watch all the games of walk-ons scoring TD's in bowl games when they really were preferred walk-ons or greyshirts that earned a scholly the year after they arrived. I'm trying to help him out because if you aren't a preferred walk-on there almost isn't going to be a chacne that money is available for you with all the other major athletes coming in. Then the fact that he could probabaly compete and excel at the Div. 2 level and get a scholarship possibly. This is the idea of all recruiting analyst and advisors around the nation. No matter what recruiting service.....

I am so glad you know all these things. You're probably 100% right with everything, being like 16.

I have friends on the team that I played with in high school. I have class with them everyday, how know how **** is run around there. Thanks for the input again.
    NSCA-CPT

watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by tentex87 View Post
    I am so glad you know all these things. You're probably 100% right with everything, being like 16.

I have friends on the team that I played with in high school. I have class with them everyday, how know how **** is run around there. Thanks for the input again.
    I'm glad you played the age card like many of the ignorant "older guys" on here do. I think if you would actually do some research on rivals.com and see the highlights of some 2 or 3 star athletes hell some not even ranked you will see that your highlights aren't as theirs. Maybe if you spent some time researching the topic instead of trying to make sarcastic comments about my age you wouldn't ahve to come to forums with "16 year old know-it-alls" on there for advice on tape.

hill23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hill23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hill23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hill23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hill23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hill23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hill23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hill23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hill23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hill23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hill23 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey man goodluck. When are tryouts for you? If you just work your ass of you can make it! It seems like you do that so don't worry about it just give it your best shot. If you don't make the team then try to go to a d2 school or even a juco. I would go to a d1 school and walk on if I could but I can't wait till next year to walk on!

TJonesd2 is just really nice. (+1000) TJonesd2 is just really nice. (+1000) TJonesd2 is just really nice. (+1000) TJonesd2 is just really nice. (+1000) TJonesd2 is just really nice. (+1000) TJonesd2 is just really nice. (+1000) TJonesd2 is just really nice. (+1000) TJonesd2 is just really nice. (+1000) TJonesd2 is just really nice. (+1000) TJonesd2 is just really nice. (+1000) TJonesd2 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by tentex87 View Post
    Yeah I actually blew out my knee my senior year and the few schools that were recruiting me, stopped. By all means, I know I am not good enought to get a scholarship to a D-1 school, you don't have to tell me that.

You're as good as you want to be man, dont hate on yourself cuz there are plenty of guys willing to do that for you

Originally Posted by watchandsee23 View Post
    I'm glad you played the age card like many of the ignorant "older guys" on here do. I think if you would actually do some research on rivals.com and see the highlights of some 2 or 3 star athletes hell some not even ranked you will see that your highlights aren't as theirs. Maybe if you spent some time researching the topic instead of trying to make sarcastic comments about my age you wouldn't ahve to come to forums with "16 year old know-it-alls" on there for advice on tape.
    Jesus man, I am not going to sit here and compare myself. I can do what I can do. I am healthier now than I have ever been and can test better now than ever. The fact of the matter is, I came in here for some help...you knew everything...literally everything. All I can do is what I can do ok? Please quit this ****.
    Last edited by tentex87; 01-27-2008 at 07:12 AM.
    NSCA-CPT