pitbullmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Red face Interview with Lyle McDonald

I do not know if anyone has read the Interview with Lyle McDonald over at www.wannabebig.com Here is the addy for part two as this will be the one I am writting on:
    http://www.wannabebig.com/article.ph...id=89&pageid=3

So anyways, Lyle in this interview(part 2), pretty much says that a Keto diet is not any better then a carb diet as it comes down to calories in vs. calories out. He also states that although keto diets promote a higher rate of fat oxidation, the increased levels of dietary fat offset this. So where does this leave the keto diet now??? I think this further supports my idea that once in ketosis you should drop calories and switch ratios to near 60/40 or 50/50.
    "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"
    "If you can't roll with the big dogs, stay on the chain"

Del has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Del has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Del has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Del has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Del has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Del has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Del has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Del has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Del has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Del has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Del has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    mmm.. there was an article on bodybuilding.com by a dr. someone who said that lack of carbs inhibits the krebs cycle and thus is not an effective fat-loss diet. Also, there is the whole "coming off" issue, where people who have been on it for too long gain fat quickly.

Still, I think for older fella's the increased fat intake may enhance their lower hormone levels. Also since insulin sensitivity reduces with age it makes sense for them to lower and carefully time their carbs.

On the whole... I don't see why someone under 30 would do a long term keto-style diet.

just my 0.2c

del

I hear ya.... This is my first shot at a keto. I am on my second week and do have to agree that hunger is blunted when ketosis kicks in. In the past I have had very good success with the animalbolics diet. I am not sure about the whole Kreb's cycle issue. I do not know how much of the Kreb's cycle is involved with the break down of fat to ketone bodies....Something else for me to research.

The concern that Lyle brought up about too much dietary fat blunting the effects of increased fat oxidation due to a ketogenic diet is easily manipulated, I am experimenting with this on myself right now. I establish ketosis by using a 2500 cal diet that is 85%fat and 15% pro. Then on wednesday I dropped to 1600cals and switched the ratios to 70%fat, 30%protein. Now I had a brief refeed on friday, and I am now back into ketosis. On monday I plan on going to 1600cals but with a 60%fat/40%pro ratio. This will allow me to consume less dietary fat and have more fat broken down from adipose tissue and less from dietary fat. This should also help deal with Lyle's concern about too much fat. I may then try to drop it to 50/50. I'll see how it goes.
    "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"

fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Cool Fat intake

I have found through 5 years of study that a ratio of 50% protein, 45% fat and 5% carbs is best for overall health and fat loss.

Anything over 60% fat greatly reduces the body's ability to use stored fat.

The Eades doctors know more about this anyone. My diet pattern thiers some what, except I add post training shakes, mid week carb up(at dinner only), and a re-feed at the end of the week.

If a Ketogenic diet is looked at in terms of overall health, instead of cutting fast, it makes more sense. Even more so for the over 30 crowd.
    Psalm 121

info

Fitnessman, where can I read some stuff that these doctors have wrote???Thanks

Del has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Del has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Del has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Del has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Del has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Del has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Del has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Del has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Del has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Del has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Del has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The problem I see with people who try high protein keto diets is that they get a significant amount of protein from whey, just 'cause its easier. Its the whey that knocks them outta ketosis.

Just out of interest, what is the anambolics diet? And blindfaith, Do you think it would be worth doing a quick round of your suggested keto ratio's if I just wanted to quickly shed 2% fat before I continue bulking. I'm already lean (7.5-8% on a 9pt), but I'm really picky about my bf, and I don't like going over 8.

del

fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Cool Eades

Protein Power Lifesplan is a good read.

Del, that is the thing right there. Most people think of it as a protein diet, not a fat based diet. That is were alot of confusion comes into play.
    Psalm 121