kthomas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

labral recovery after surgery... cracking,tearing, popping. Help! :(

Hey everyone, I had a labral repair on November 19th. It started off well, but lately I feel as if it has been getting worse. About a week and a half ago I noticed that my repaired shoulder was catching and cracking with certain movements. For example, if I would do the pendulum movement "you drop you arm and let it swing" I would feel the shoulder catching and sometimes I would even get a tearing noise. It is located in the back of the shoulder, and the area that is cracking is extremely tender. I saw the doc a week ago when it wasn't as bad and he said I was fine. He said it was just muscle imbalance, scar tissue and inflammation... but everyone I've talked to who has had the surgery doesn't recall these types of catching and cracking sensations. The shoulder has been becoming more painful and it feels more unstable... so does anyone have any idea what is going on? Could the anchor have come out, could something I have done messed up the repair? Any suggestions you have would be great... thanks.

-kt