ddv33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Newbie trying to gain some muscle

Hey all,
    I've been pretty skinny for the past couple years, usually between 140-145 lbs. I'm 5'11". I started lifting regularly and eating well about 6 weeks ago and I've gained about 8 pounds up to 150.

Would you guys suggest I keep trying to bulk up? I'm thinking of trying to get to around 160 and then lose some fat. I would like to avoid getting too high body fat % while gaining weight.

Thanks for any help!
    Attached Images

Not what I use to be..... StrongEnough?'s Avatar
    StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Awesome job on deciding to lift. However, you need to eat! A lot, over 3000 calories a day (Clean calories, non of the McDonalds Cheeseburgers ). You need to bulk, not cut. Your bodyfat is low enough right now. Adding some muscle will really help you out!

BigOlePappy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do everything that the above poster said. Diet should be your no 1 priority.

Also, learn to squat correctly and then do lots of them.

Thanks for the tips. I've had some knee pain so I've actually haven't done a squat Hopefully I'll be able to figure out how to do them with out pain. I've been eating around 2800 calories for the past month and seem to be gaining weight. I'm just trying to avoid the weight being too much fat.

Does adding 10 more pounds then trying to cut some fat sound like a resonable plan?

paranoidxe is a name known to all. (+5000) paranoidxe is a name known to all. (+5000) paranoidxe is a name known to all. (+5000) paranoidxe is a name known to all. (+5000) paranoidxe is a name known to all. (+5000) paranoidxe is a name known to all. (+5000) paranoidxe is a name known to all. (+5000) paranoidxe is a name known to all. (+5000) paranoidxe is a name known to all. (+5000) paranoidxe is a name known to all. (+5000) paranoidxe is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ddv33
    Thanks for the tips. I've had some knee pain so I've actually haven't done a squat Hopefully I'll be able to figure out how to do them with out pain. I've been eating around 2800 calories for the past month and seem to be gaining weight. I'm just trying to avoid the weight being too much fat.

Does adding 10 more pounds then trying to cut some fat sound like a resonable plan?
    Leg Extensions should do well enough. The problem with putting on weight is it costs money to do it the correct way. When I was in 9th grade (when I first started getting serious about bodybuilding) I found it very hard to eat enough to gain anything simply because I didn't have much options available for food and I didn't have a job I was supported by my parents. I pretty much had to eat what my parents put in front of me.

msia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) msia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) msia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) msia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) msia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) msia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) msia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) msia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) msia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) msia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) msia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Sup bro

Nope add some more maybe 20 to 30 pounds of mass then cut it out or simply stay at 12 to 14 % bodyfat in that way you keep on going as you will have mass and definition at the same time not shredded but enough to make your body a whole lot better.

Nutrition is the most important part of bb. Second is your training train with intensity w/ low reps and add some poondage every week atleast 5 lbs. The last thing is proper rest you must have atleast 72 hours of rest before you hit per bodypart again.

Go with what your body is telling you not others this only serves as a guide for you. You can PM me if you need questions I am very very delighted to help.

Land_Lord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Land_Lord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    DUDE! You look EXACTLY how i looked 2.5 years ago. Then I made the commitment that I wanted to get in the 200's and be muscular. I worked out, ate, drank water, slept like never before. I went from EXACTLY what you look like to this currently. (Im down to 187 in this pic, i lost alot due to school, but now i got the time and motivation to gain it back.) Keep it up man, when you start seeing the results, it motivates you like nothing else.
    Attached Images
    Gonna step it up! Reach me on AIM @ pneumatictire22

MyTMouse is on a distinguished road. (+10) MyTMouse is on a distinguished road. (+10) MyTMouse is on a distinguished road. (+10) MyTMouse is on a distinguished road. (+10) MyTMouse is on a distinguished road. (+10) MyTMouse is on a distinguished road. (+10) MyTMouse is on a distinguished road. (+10) MyTMouse is on a distinguished road. (+10) MyTMouse is on a distinguished road. (+10) MyTMouse is on a distinguished road. (+10) MyTMouse is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    check out this thread I posted a while back:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...49#post7991749

pretty decent info. could help you a bit, I think.

HYP3R has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HYP3R has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HYP3R has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HYP3R has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HYP3R has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HYP3R has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HYP3R has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HYP3R has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HYP3R has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HYP3R has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HYP3R has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey all,
    I've been pretty skinny for the past couple years, usually between 140-145 lbs. I'm 5'11". I started lifting regularly and eating well about 6 weeks ago and I've gained about 8 pounds up to 150.

Would you guys suggest I keep trying to bulk up? I'm thinking of trying to get to around 160 and then lose some fat. I would like to avoid getting too high body fat % while gaining weight.

Thanks for any help!
    Ok I am gonna do you a favor. I am going to do you what someone else did to me. It was a big eye opener. I use to feel the same way you did. You were scared to really bulk up thinking you were going to get too much BF% while gaining weight. So, here is the advice I was given and I will pass it along to you. STOP BEING A PUSSY AND GAIN THE DAMN WEIGHT!! You are young and can cut later. Check out this guys transformation thread. This will help aid in your decision.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=433420
    vBulletin Message

"The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later."

youknowryan is on a distinguished road. (+10) youknowryan is on a distinguished road. (+10) youknowryan is on a distinguished road. (+10) youknowryan is on a distinguished road. (+10) youknowryan is on a distinguished road. (+10) youknowryan is on a distinguished road. (+10) youknowryan is on a distinguished road. (+10) youknowryan is on a distinguished road. (+10) youknowryan is on a distinguished road. (+10) youknowryan is on a distinguished road. (+10) youknowryan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i must agree with the above; hit 4000-4500 cals, work out hard and ignore the fat. i went from 8-9% to 12, but i have also put on a TON of muscle. you will do the same also.

youknowryan is on a distinguished road. (+10) youknowryan is on a distinguished road. (+10) youknowryan is on a distinguished road. (+10) youknowryan is on a distinguished road. (+10) youknowryan is on a distinguished road. (+10) youknowryan is on a distinguished road. (+10) youknowryan is on a distinguished road. (+10) youknowryan is on a distinguished road. (+10) youknowryan is on a distinguished road. (+10) youknowryan is on a distinguished road. (+10) youknowryan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by HYP3R
    Ok I am gonna do you a favor. I am going to do you what someone else did to me. It was a big eye opener. I use to feel the same way you did. You were scared to really bulk up thinking you were going to get too much BF% while gaining weight. So, here is the advice I was given and I will pass it along to you. STOP BEING A PUSSY AND GAIN THE DAMN WEIGHT!! You are young and can cut later. Check out this guys transformation thread. This will help aid in your decision.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=433420
    the above link is to a meso/endo, our thread starter is an ecto for sure. this link might be better for him:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/trans16.htm

Thanks for all the input guys!

Full_Power24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Full_Power24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Full_Power24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Full_Power24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Full_Power24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Full_Power24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Full_Power24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Full_Power24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Full_Power24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Full_Power24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Full_Power24 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by paranoidxe View Post
    Leg Extensions should do well enough. The problem with putting on weight is it costs money to do it the correct way. When I was in 9th grade (when I first started getting serious about bodybuilding) I found it very hard to eat enough to gain anything simply because I didn't have much options available for food and I didn't have a job I was supported by my parents. I pretty much had to eat what my parents put in front of me.
    i totally agree with this,that's why i think your true lifestyle and training shines most when your on your own.then you can kinda do things your way.

gtconway has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gtconway has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gtconway has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gtconway has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Full_Power24 View Post
    i totally agree with this,that's why i think your true lifestyle and training shines most when your on your own.then you can kinda do things your way.
    +2

Why + 2?

Because I'm on my own and doing things MY WAY