Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: tuna safety

67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by 61customrebuild View Post
    I have a theory that if we had a sleek swimsuit that converted our feet into a single flipper, and we learned how to use our bodies like a porpoise to swim (quick twitch full body flutter kick), we may be able to achieve speeds sufficient to catch tuna, etc. with our hands. Assumes breathing is well managed or facilitated with some applied engineering.
    There are some guys I know that swim with what's called a mono-fin. They are efficient over a long distance, but take a lot of energy to propel. The stiff intermediate training fins I am wearing in the pic attached are actually pretty good for accelerating, strong enough that the plastic/rubber does not tear and transmit a lot of leg energy to propel you.

But to put things in perspective, the whale sharks are just cruising, I can hold my breath for 75-100m underwater, and it takes everything I have to just keep up. That being said they are amazing fish. Most other fish are easily 10x faster if they want to get away, so I don't have a hope in hell unless they strap me to a motor
    Attached Images
    I'm going to take the Sc0liosis curve out of my back and eliminate my nerve pain