tkdbadass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

maintaining weight with fat loss

Hey guys i need your help. im not new to the bodybuilding circuit but i am new to this situation. through the use of various supplements and lots of food i have gotten up to my target weight of 170 (good for me considering last year i was competiting at 125. the problems is that my lower back and obliques have gains some fat. how can i strip the fat off my low back and obliq and maintain the most of my size. i do ma for my cardio work about 7x a week. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

travis h is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis h is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis h is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis h is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis h is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis h is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis h is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis h is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis h is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis h is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis h is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you want to lower your BF% without lowering your body weight, you'll have to gain some lean mass, there's no other way around it. With cardio every day of the week, that's going to be difficult unless you shed fat easily. Your better bet is to focus on how your diet has changed such that you packed on more fat in recent times.
    30, M, 6'0"
    07//01/06 - 187 lbs - 8-9% BF
    Goal: 199 lbs - <10% by '07

TurboGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TurboGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TurboGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TurboGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TurboGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TurboGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TurboGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TurboGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TurboGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TurboGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TurboGuy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by tkdbadass
    Hey guys i need your help. im not new to the bodybuilding circuit but i am new to this situation. through the use of various supplements and lots of food i have gotten up to my target weight of 170 (good for me considering last year i was competiting at 125. the problems is that my lower back and obliques have gains some fat. how can i strip the fat off my low back and obliq and maintain the most of my size. i do ma for my cardio work about 7x a week. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Continue cardio and lifting and reduce calorie intake to a deficit (ie. cutting). No other way around it. You will loose weight (ie. fat). You may loose muscle or not and if you are lucky you may even gain some muscle, but it will not compensate for fat loss. You will most likely reduce your physical size as the fat comes off too. The good thing though is the increased muscle definition will give the illusion that you are bigger.

Welcome to bulking and cutting cycles. Its really the only effecient way to sculpt and shape your body.

Not what I use to be..... StrongEnough?'s Avatar
    StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by TurboGuy
    Continue cardio and lifting and reduce calorie intake to a deficit (ie. cutting). No other way around it. You will loose weight (ie. fat). You may loose muscle or not and if you are lucky you may even gain some muscle, but it will not compensate for fat loss. You will most likely reduce your physical size as the fat comes off too. The good thing though is the increased muscle definition will give the illusion that you are bigger.

Welcome to bulking and cutting cycles. Its really the only effecient way to sculpt and shape your body.
    Well, I had to stop doing Karate because of this. Too much cardio was killing my diet, and I wasn't eating enough. I have stopped until the summer till I get to where I want to be, then I'll add on the calories to pick up the mass, and the extra cardio won't kill me. So far, it's been working, however I do miss training

TurboGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TurboGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TurboGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TurboGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TurboGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TurboGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TurboGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TurboGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TurboGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TurboGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TurboGuy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by StrongEnough?
    Well, I had to stop doing Karate because of this. Too much cardio was killing my diet, and I wasn't eating enough. I have stopped until the summer till I get to where I want to be, then I'll add on the calories to pick up the mass, and the extra cardio won't kill me. So far, it's been working, however I do miss training
    stop Karate because of what? How does cardio kill a diet? Why do you say you were not eating enough? Stopped what? Whats been working?

Sorry but you post was vague and unclear, leaving many questions and answering little.