Registered User ussoldierforhir's Avatar
    ussoldierforhir will become famous soon enough. (+50) ussoldierforhir will become famous soon enough. (+50) ussoldierforhir will become famous soon enough. (+50) ussoldierforhir will become famous soon enough. (+50) ussoldierforhir will become famous soon enough. (+50) ussoldierforhir will become famous soon enough. (+50) ussoldierforhir will become famous soon enough. (+50) ussoldierforhir will become famous soon enough. (+50) ussoldierforhir will become famous soon enough. (+50) ussoldierforhir will become famous soon enough. (+50) ussoldierforhir will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Essential Supplements

I am wanting to put together a compact list of the basic Essential Supplements everyone should have in there diet. Please help me compile this list. I'll start it off and compile people's additions to the top.

FLAX SEED
    CREATINE
    MULTIVITAMIN
    ZMA
    WHEY PROTEIN
    MULTI-PROTEIN COMPLEX
    BCAA
    WEIGHT GAINERS
    Beta-Alanine
    Omega-3
    Last edited by ussoldierforhir; 01-12-2008 at 09:42 AM.

Location: I was like elbows too pointy, and she said O'rly, Djibouti
    MrOneEyedBoh is a name known to all. (+5000) MrOneEyedBoh is a name known to all. (+5000) MrOneEyedBoh is a name known to all. (+5000) MrOneEyedBoh is a name known to all. (+5000) MrOneEyedBoh is a name known to all. (+5000) MrOneEyedBoh is a name known to all. (+5000) MrOneEyedBoh is a name known to all. (+5000) MrOneEyedBoh is a name known to all. (+5000) MrOneEyedBoh is a name known to all. (+5000) MrOneEyedBoh is a name known to all. (+5000) MrOneEyedBoh is a name known to all. (+5000)
    essential? whey and a multi.. staples? i would add just creatine and fish caps

imehdi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) imehdi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) imehdi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) imehdi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) imehdi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) imehdi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    weight gainer
    multivitamine
    BCAA
    creatine

Your Cocky Alter Ego ToTha5Boroughs's Avatar
    ToTha5Boroughs is on a distinguished road. (+10) ToTha5Boroughs is on a distinguished road. (+10) ToTha5Boroughs is on a distinguished road. (+10) ToTha5Boroughs is on a distinguished road. (+10) ToTha5Boroughs is on a distinguished road. (+10) ToTha5Boroughs is on a distinguished road. (+10) ToTha5Boroughs is on a distinguished road. (+10) ToTha5Boroughs is on a distinguished road. (+10) ToTha5Boroughs is on a distinguished road. (+10) ToTha5Boroughs is on a distinguished road. (+10) ToTha5Boroughs is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Isn't ZMA mainly attributed for a better nights sleep rather than an increase in testosterone?

OT:
    Whey
    Casien
    Creatine
    BCAA
    Beta-Alanine
    Omega-3
    Multi

ussoldierforhir will become famous soon enough. (+50) ussoldierforhir will become famous soon enough. (+50) ussoldierforhir will become famous soon enough. (+50) ussoldierforhir will become famous soon enough. (+50) ussoldierforhir will become famous soon enough. (+50) ussoldierforhir will become famous soon enough. (+50) ussoldierforhir will become famous soon enough. (+50) ussoldierforhir will become famous soon enough. (+50) ussoldierforhir will become famous soon enough. (+50) ussoldierforhir will become famous soon enough. (+50) ussoldierforhir will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Bump

cal62887 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cal62887 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cal62887 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cal62887 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cal62887 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cal62887 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cal62887 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cal62887 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cal62887 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cal62887 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cal62887 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    "Essential supplement" is a bit of an oxymoron
    Team HALEO
    ‡Echo in Eternity‡

http://www.haleo.com/

Joey - 10/16/2011

Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ussoldierforhir View Post
    I am wanting to put together a compact list of the basic Essential Supplements everyone should have in there diet. Please help me compile this list. I'll start it off and compile people's additions to the top.

FLAX SEED
    CREATINE
    MULTIVITAMIN
    ZMA
    WHEY PROTEIN
    MULTI-PROTEIN COMPLEX
    BCAA
    WEIGHT GAINERS
    Beta-Alanine
    Omega-3
    Your list of essential supplements really makes no sense.

FLAX SEED - not essential
    CREATINE - useful, but isn't necessary
    MULTIVITAMIN - decent
    ZMA - hell no
    WHEY PROTEIN - useful, but it isn't like you can't eat whole food
    MULTI-PROTEIN COMPLEX - see above
    BCAA - f*ck no
    WEIGHT GAINERS - crap
    Beta-Alanine - not essential
    Omega-3 - eat fish and there you go
    HALEO Lead Forum Representative

Echo in Eternity

Store Link - http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/haleo.html
    ******** Page - www.********.com/pages/HALEO-Worldwide-Inc/344612048892858

trueaussie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trueaussie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    vitamin C

Glaive will become famous soon enough. (+50) Glaive will become famous soon enough. (+50) Glaive will become famous soon enough. (+50) Glaive will become famous soon enough. (+50) Glaive will become famous soon enough. (+50) Glaive will become famous soon enough. (+50) Glaive will become famous soon enough. (+50) Glaive will become famous soon enough. (+50) Glaive will become famous soon enough. (+50) Glaive will become famous soon enough. (+50) Glaive will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    By "essential" I presume you mean "the stuff that everyone should be taking if they're going to be taking anything." Using that definition I'd list the following:

Protein powder (either whey or a multi-protein blend of some sort)
    A good multivitamin (no, Centrum is not good)
    Essential Fatty Acids (fish oil is generally superior to flax oil due to EPA/DHA content)
    Creatine

There's really not anything else that's going to make a major difference until you've gotten your diet and training really tightened up. My next two choices would be:

BCAA's
    ALA
    When you LOSE weight, your pants will be LOOSE.
    There is no "E" in RIDICULOUS.
    THEY'RE going to THEIR house, which is over THERE.
    YOU'RE going to the gym for YOUR workout.

zpnq is on a distinguished road. (+10) zpnq is on a distinguished road. (+10) zpnq is on a distinguished road. (+10) zpnq is on a distinguished road. (+10) zpnq is on a distinguished road. (+10) zpnq is on a distinguished road. (+10) zpnq is on a distinguished road. (+10) zpnq is on a distinguished road. (+10) zpnq is on a distinguished road. (+10) zpnq is on a distinguished road. (+10) zpnq is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by trueaussie View Post
    vitamin C
    second that one

GOPHER1114 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GOPHER1114 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GOPHER1114 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GOPHER1114 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GOPHER1114 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GOPHER1114 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GOPHER1114 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GOPHER1114 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GOPHER1114 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GOPHER1114 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GOPHER1114 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Everyone should have:
    Multi
    BCAA
    Fish Oil
    Protein

I dont think BA,Flax, Creatine, or ZMA can be classified as essential.

colinosmar123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colinosmar123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colinosmar123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colinosmar123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colinosmar123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colinosmar123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colinosmar123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colinosmar123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colinosmar123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colinosmar123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colinosmar123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ussoldierforhir View Post

FLAX SEED
    CREATINE
    MULTIVITAMIN
    ZMA
    WHEY PROTEIN
    MULTI-PROTEIN COMPLEX
    BCAA
    WEIGHT GAINERS
    Beta-Alanine
    Omega-3
    instead of flax seed and omegas i take a pill that has omega 3,6 and 9 in it (flax, fish and borage oil)
    you dont need whey/multi/weight gain protein. some people may need all three or a combination thereof, but most people just need whey or weight gain protein.
    bcaa's you dont need, you get them from your protein and unless your buying a bulk powder theyre overpriced and not worthwhile.
    beta-alanine is combined in most pre-workout powders

the rest i agree on though

some form of protein
    multivitamin
    healthy fat supplement
    zma
    creatine
    pre-workout powder

Originally Posted by Glaive View Post
    By "essential" I presume you mean "the stuff that everyone should be taking if they're going to be taking anything." Using that definition I'd list the following:

Protein powder (either whey or a multi-protein blend of some sort)
    A good multivitamin (no, Centrum is not good)
    Essential Fatty Acids (fish oil is generally superior to flax oil due to EPA/DHA content)
    Creatine

There's really not anything else that's going to make a major difference until you've gotten your diet and training really tightened up. My next two choices would be:

BCAA's
    ALA
    Yes, stuff that should be in everyones bodybuilding diet.