TallLifts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Motivation Sucks

What do you all do for motivation. I get in the gym for about 3-4 weeks, see some gains, see my strength go up, and overall I feel like a better person, but then all of a sudden it goes downhill and I won't be seen in the gym for a few days to the point where it turns out to be couple months. I haven't been in over a month now. School and work isn't an excuse either because they're both part time. Any help, tips, motivation strongly appreciated!

koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by TallLifts View Post
    What do you all do for motivation. I get in the gym for about 3-4 weeks, see some gains, see my strength go up, and overall I feel like a better person, but then all of a sudden it goes downhill and I won't be seen in the gym for a few days to the point where it turns out to be couple months. I haven't been in over a month now. School and work isn't an excuse either because they're both part time. Any help, tips, motivation strongly appreciated!
    Surround yourself with positive, powerful people.
    Get radical. Post your before pictures on ******** for the world to see..
    Avoid negative people. Build new bridges.
    Trigger short-term goals. Watch motivational videos such as Les Brown.
    Eat Eat Eat!! So you don't plateau.

力 Do You Even Powerlift 力 CJ93UK's Avatar
    CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Motivation...

...1, competition. 2, to keep me alive. 3, the most important thing to me in life depends on my success here. 4, because I'm a prideful ****ing man, and if I decide I wanna do something, it's happening.

Competition is self-explanatory, if you have a deadline, and you have goals, and you have people who're gonna see you on that deadline, going for those goals, and they'll see just how hard you've worked for that day, if you have a shred of self-respect, you're not gonna let yourself slack off and be humiliated on the platform. 2, it saved me, and it could very well save me again in the future, and if I let this go, I have even less to depend on when **** goes downhill. 3, I have reasons for doing this that I'm not prepared to share, they won't apply to you or anyone else, but if you have a need to get stronger, or bigger, and there's consequences to failing that, you give yourself more reason not to fail. It's all about the consequences of what will happen if you fail. 4, just be a ****ing beast, do your ****, get in there when you're supposed to, work your ass off like no-one else does, and hold yourself to your own word, cos your opinion is the most important, and surely you can't feel good about yourself when you can't even pick yourself up to go and train. Despite all the other repercussions that would come from me stopping what I do, I don't wanna go to bed at night feeling like a ****ing loser, I'd rather hit some PRs and come home knowing that I'm 1 step closer to achieving everything I want to achieve.

#1 and #4 are your best bets, put yourself in the public eye, could be as high as competition, or as low as a simple daily log here on the site. Tell family and friends your goals, so that if 1 day you decide to quit, everyone is gonna be on your back asking what the **** you're doing. Maybe you'll let yourself off, make sure other people don't. As for #4, that's something you gotta figure out for yourself, if you don't feel **** when you fail, you're probably a bit too humble, get some confidence and pride, and beat yourself up if you pussy out, get on your own back and force yourself to do the things you need to do.
    Last edited by CJ93UK; 03-07-2015 at 07:16 PM.

BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Do it for everyone who said you couldn't.

Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by CJ93UK View Post
    Motivation...

...1, competition. 2, to keep me alive. 3, the most important thing to me in life depends on my success here. 4, because I'm a prideful ****ing man, and if I decide I wanna do something, it's happening.

Competition is self-explanatory, if you have a deadline, and you have goals, and you have people who're gonna see you on that deadline, going for those goals, and they'll see just how hard you've worked for that day, if you have a shred of self-respect, you're not gonna let yourself slack off and be humiliated on the platform. 2, it saved me, and it could very well save me again in the future, and if I let this go, I have even less to depend on when **** goes downhill. 3, I have reasons for doing this that I'm not prepared to share, they won't apply to you or anyone else, but if you have a need to get stronger, or bigger, and there's consequences to failing that, you give yourself more reason not to fail. It's all about the consequences of what will happen if you fail. 4, just be a ****ing beast, do your ****, get in there when you're supposed to, work your ass off like no-one else does, and hold yourself to your own word, cos your opinion is the most important, and surely you can't feel good about yourself when you can't even pick yourself up to go and train. Despite all the other repercussions that would come from me stopping what I do, I don't wanna go to bed at night feeling like a ****ing loser, I'd rather hit some PRs and come home knowing that I'm 1 step closer to achieving everything I want to achieve.

#1 and #4 are your best bets, put yourself in the public eye, could be as high as competition, or as low as a simple daily log here on the site. Tell family and friends your goals, so that if 1 day you decide to quit, everyone is gonna be on your back asking what the **** you're doing. Maybe you'll let yourself off, make sure other people don't. As for #4, that's something you gotta figure out for yourself, if you don't feel **** when you fail, you're probably a bit too humble, get some confidence and pride, and beat yourself up if you pussy out, get on your own back and force yourself to do the things you need to do.
    I was about to rep this, but then I remembered you negged me earlier for no reason.

Shame because you're one of the few quality posters in this section tbh.

Edit- mistook you for someone else, have some greenz
    Last edited by Ironface; 03-07-2015 at 10:08 PM.
    *Deadlifts pants after taking a chit crew*
    *Typos can go fucl themselves crew*
    *Nice miscer crew*
    *Loves reps, hates negs crew*
    *Faps before workout crew*
    *12+ hours of sleep crew*
    *Faps during workout crew*
    *Hates onions crew*
    *Faps after workout crew*
    *No fap crew*

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    That's life. Either you want it badly enough or you don't.

If you want to stay inconsistent and be like everyone else, that's simply a choice.