jkay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

From Ectomorph to Mesomorph?

Hey, Im a 102 pounder ectomorph (5'4" 16 yrs old) and I'm wondering is it possible to get from a stick to someone with a real nice body? I mean, is it possible to change from an ectomorph to a mesomorph?

Like for example, I am an ectomorph that became superbuff, am I still considered an ectomorph?

Anyways, I'm just wondering if I can change. My mom says its useless, I'm born the way I am, so I'm just wondering if its possible for an ectomorph to get a real buff, nice body.

Registered User AnaerobicAndrew's Avatar
    AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000)
    Cant change body types like that, but you can always put more muscle on your frame.
    "Swim 2.4 miles. Bike 112 miles. Run 26.2 miles. BRAG for the rest of your life." IRONMAN TRIATHLON

Es gibt keinen anderen Teufel als den wir in unserem eigenen Herzen haben.

LordBronz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LordBronz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LordBronz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LordBronz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LordBronz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LordBronz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LordBronz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LordBronz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LordBronz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LordBronz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LordBronz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You can't use that crap as an excuse dude. Just up your calories, get on a good diet and start lifting.

Stop asking questions and get to lifting and answer your own question. Even if you don't get big, you will surely gain muscle and all around be in better shape.

Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yes it is imo. I started out as a staunch ecto now Im more of an ecto meso. I believe its possible extreme trraining may cause the body to micro evolve or bring out genes that before were not expressed. Also with increased muscle mass over many years bones will grow more dense and even grow in diamter due to the ossification process. Ive also heard that the shoulder bones in particular respond welll to training in shape and size.

user5454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) user5454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) user5454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) user5454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) user5454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) user5454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) user5454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) user5454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) user5454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) user5454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) user5454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Guardian
    Yes it is imo. I started out as a staunch ecto now Im more of an ecto meso. I believe its possible extreme trraining may cause the body to micro evolve or bring out genes that before were not expressed. Also with increased muscle mass over many years bones will grow more dense and even grow in diamter due to the ossification process. Ive also heard that the shoulder bones in particular respond welll to training in shape and size.
    wtf are you talking about...

your body type cannot ever change in your life, thats the way you are. If are an ecto that has gained alot of musle thru working-out your still a ecto.......you never become a meso or change body types.

Any body type will allow you to become huge, its just its different difficulties with different bodytypes. Meso is the best, its easier. Endo, you have to do more cardio, its harder. ecto, you have to eat a ton, its also harder.

BTW your mom doesnt know what shes talking about. Almost anyone can become buff, unless you have some genetic disease that prevents you from gaining muscle or you just have very rare horrible terrible genetics.
    Last edited by Russian47D; 12-27-2005 at 06:29 PM.

braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Guardian
    You cannot change your bodytype. You can't turn on and off genes because you train. The only genes that will be turned on mainly from weight lifting is the genes that code for replicating of muscle cells and the expansion/hypertrophy of the muscle cells. The great part about the body is that it doesn't code for a whole heck of a lot of things besides stuff like height, eye color, hair color, genetic potential for muscle mass, etc. The rest of the things (how much muscle mass you have up to your limit, ossification, development of the brain, etc.) is left up to you depending on what you do with your body. Therefore, by using the environment (weights, training, etc.) to work on your body, you can change aspects of your body.

[URL=http://imageshack.us NewY0rkZdiesel's Avatar
    NewY0rkZdiesel is on a distinguished road. (+10) NewY0rkZdiesel is on a distinguished road. (+10) NewY0rkZdiesel is on a distinguished road. (+10) NewY0rkZdiesel is on a distinguished road. (+10) NewY0rkZdiesel is on a distinguished road. (+10) NewY0rkZdiesel is on a distinguished road. (+10) NewY0rkZdiesel is on a distinguished road. (+10) NewY0rkZdiesel is on a distinguished road. (+10) NewY0rkZdiesel is on a distinguished road. (+10) NewY0rkZdiesel is on a distinguished road. (+10) NewY0rkZdiesel is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You arnt really completely anything, most people are combinations of 2 and no matter how u change, u're still gonna be what u are, just have qualities of something else

Ba-60 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ba-60 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ba-60 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ba-60 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ba-60 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ba-60 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ba-60 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ba-60 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ba-60 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ba-60 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ba-60 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by crazygerman
    Cant change body types like that, but you can always put more muscle on your frame.

yeah, ull always genetically be an ecto, even if u become as large as Ronnie.
    Alpha Member of the STFU crew

funniest quote in a LONG TIME:

"Arnold is completely unproportional you idiot. You can tell this is the teen forum, the posts are rediculous."
    -Trappy

MuscleBound90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuscleBound90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuscleBound90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuscleBound90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuscleBound90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuscleBound90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuscleBound90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuscleBound90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey I'm an ecto too, yeah you'll always be an ecto for life. Look at Flex Wheeler or Frank Zane, they have built some of the best physiques in the world and they were still ectos.
    Height - 5'10"
    Bodytype -Pure Ectomorph

SW - 110 lbs (June 2005)
    CW - 153 lbs (November 2006)
    GW - 170 lbs (June 2007)

Bench - 155
    ATG Squat - 135
    Deadlift - 185

Yeah I know I suck.

KingPin1116 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KingPin1116 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KingPin1116 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KingPin1116 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KingPin1116 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KingPin1116 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KingPin1116 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KingPin1116 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KingPin1116 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KingPin1116 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KingPin1116 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MuscleBound90
    Hey I'm an ecto too, yeah you'll always be an ecto for life. Look at Flex Wheeler or Frank Zane, they have built some of the best physiques in the world and they were still ectos.

are yo usure they were ectos? hmm never heard that.

but yeah dude, whatever you are that it, but yo ucan be a buff ecto
    *If you dont live for something, you'll Die for nothing*

*Bring the fear, bring the pain, I'll take anything You can bring*

*break em' down like a shutgun!*

Neavesie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Seems to be a lot of debate about this. What I have read is an Ecto will be lean and an Meso can put on fat easier.
    So am I still a Ecto? Scenario: Up to the age of 24 I was always an ecto (lean, could barely put on any muscle and could eat as much as I liked), after that to the late 30s I still ate the same but im bigger all round (now have muscle but I can put on weight easy). I think bodys can slightly change over time if genetics allow it.
    Why do it today when you can put it off until tomorrow?
    Because tomorrow never comes!

BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Did he say he weights 102 pounds?