Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Stats: 6'0", 190 lbs
    BodyPoints: 445
    nubbb is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nubbb is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nubbb is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nubbb is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nubbb is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nubbb is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nubbb is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nubbb is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nubbb is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nubbb is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nubbb is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit nubbb's BodySpace

is this dangerous (sleeper hold)

my friend had recently done a sleeper hold to another friend of mine, and i had no idea what it does. well he was knocked out for about 10 seconds and starts to spas out. we found a bruise on his forehead cuz he banged his head on the ground. other than the bruises, is this dangerous to do? i mean is it possible for the person to not wake up again?

BodyPoints: 15
    mickey mouse has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mickey mouse has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mickey mouse has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mickey mouse has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mickey mouse has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mickey mouse has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mickey mouse has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mickey mouse has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mickey mouse has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mickey mouse has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mickey mouse has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit mickey mouse's BodySpace
    yes it happeed in my school...dude died.
    HONEY!

Das Cool has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Das Cool has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Das Cool has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Das Cool has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Das Cool has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Das Cool has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Das Cool has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Das Cool has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Das Cool has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Das Cool has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Das Cool has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by nubbb
    my friend had recently done a sleeper hold to another friend of mine, and i had no idea what it does. well he was knocked out for about 10 seconds and starts to spas out. we found a bruise on his forehead cuz he banged his head on the ground. other than the bruises, is this dangerous to do? i mean is it possible for the person to not wake up again?
    Let us use common sense, what happens to the bloodflow when you do a sleeper hold. Now this is not a trick question

nubbb is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nubbb is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nubbb is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nubbb is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nubbb is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nubbb is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nubbb is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nubbb is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nubbb is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nubbb is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nubbb is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit nubbb's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by Das Cool
    Let us use common sense, what happens to the bloodflow when you do a sleeper hold. Now this is not a trick question
    i'm not quite getting it.....

Visit nubbb's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by mickey mouse
    yes it happeed in my school...dude died.
    r u serious...wow

Das Cool has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Das Cool has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Das Cool has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Das Cool has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Das Cool has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Das Cool has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Das Cool has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Das Cool has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Das Cool has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Das Cool has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Das Cool has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    r u serious...wow
    o man, u must be 12. WHen u do a sleeper hold your decreasing the flow of blood to the brain. No blood in brain = bad.

Visit nubbb's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by Das Cool
    o man, u must be 12. WHen u do a sleeper hold your decreasing the flow of blood to the brain. No blood in brain = bad.
    uhhh...i kno it decreases blood flow, but how do u kill someone by doing a sleeper hold, unless ur actually stopping the blood flow?

BodyPoints: 34598
    ispy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ispy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ispy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ispy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ispy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ispy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ispy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ispy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ispy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ispy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ispy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit ispy's BodySpace
    uhhh...i kno it decreases blood flow, but how do u kill someone by doing a sleeper hold, unless ur actually stopping the blood flow?
    Ever heard of the term "strangling" ?
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.

Stats: 6'1", 215 lbs
    BodyPoints: 9984
    V10Kyle has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) V10Kyle has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) V10Kyle has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) V10Kyle has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) V10Kyle has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) V10Kyle has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) V10Kyle has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) V10Kyle has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) V10Kyle has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) V10Kyle has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) V10Kyle has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit V10Kyle's BodySpace
    It won't kill them if you do it right. Many forms of combat employ a "sleeper hold" where one cuts off blood flow to the brain via the corotid arteries on the sides of your neck. It only takes about 4-5 seconds to accomplish this. You will be harmed if you go through it enough times but it's not deadly unless you hold it and keep the blood from going to his brain for a long time.

Just don't be stupid about it.
    Misc Time Lord

BodyPoints: 34598
    ispy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ispy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ispy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ispy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ispy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ispy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ispy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ispy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ispy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ispy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ispy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit ispy's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by V10Kyle
    It won't kill them if you do it right. Many forms of combat employ a "sleeper hold" where one cuts off blood flow to the brain via the corotid arteries on the sides of your neck. It only takes about 4-5 seconds to accomplish this. You will be harmed if you go through it enough times but it's not deadly unless you hold it and keep the blood from going to his brain for a long time.

In other words: KIDS, DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME!
    I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.

BodyPoints: 15
    mickey mouse has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mickey mouse has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mickey mouse has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mickey mouse has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mickey mouse has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mickey mouse has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mickey mouse has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mickey mouse has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mickey mouse has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mickey mouse has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) mickey mouse has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit mickey mouse's BodySpace

some people you can;t take blood from their brains for too long..and that's when they die. they don't die cause of sleeperhold malpractice. some people are just on a delicate state keep doing it and you might **** up someone
    HONEY!

sboarder985 is a complete loser! (-2000) sboarder985 is a complete loser! (-2000) sboarder985 is a complete loser! (-2000) sboarder985 is a complete loser! (-2000) sboarder985 is a complete loser! (-2000) sboarder985 is a complete loser! (-2000)
    heheheh
    my friend did it to me right b4 football practice once.......and lets say that it takes 5 seconds to knock them out, well id say i was at 4.59 when he let go. at that point i fell to my knees but was extremely light headed
    5'9
    12% bf
    bench-205
    squat-295
    deadlift-315
    clean-185
    Currently nursing MCL

i will lead u to glory or i will lead you to hell, either way ill be the first one there

[url]www.scothawk.com[/url] the best site for hawk fans

BodyPoints: 2434
    Big_League has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Big_League has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Big_League has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Big_League has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Big_League has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Big_League has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Big_League has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Big_League has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Big_League has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Big_League has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Big_League has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Big_League's BodySpace
    Yeah it's pretty dangerous, can cause death and probably brain damage, although I'd say most likely you'll just put the person out for a bit. I wouldn't mess around with it too much though. I mean obviously anything that cuts off circulation to the brain is not exactly the safest thing in the world.
    You should always play fair when you have the winning hand.

BodyPoints: 118
    LiftingKid is a name known to all. (+5000) LiftingKid is a name known to all. (+5000) LiftingKid is a name known to all. (+5000) LiftingKid is a name known to all. (+5000) LiftingKid is a name known to all. (+5000) LiftingKid is a name known to all. (+5000) LiftingKid is a name known to all. (+5000) LiftingKid is a name known to all. (+5000) LiftingKid is a name known to all. (+5000) LiftingKid is a name known to all. (+5000) LiftingKid is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Visit LiftingKid's BodySpace
    The sleeper hold cuts off blood flow from the carotid artery. In judo, this is a rear naked choke (Hadaka Jime). Upon releasing the hold, the person being choked will usually regain conciousness in about 5-7 seconds. Any longer than that and you are going to want to apply reanimation techniques (slaps to the face J/K) + call the ambulence. I am choked by it all the time in practice (not to uncousciousness) and I believe that in controlled conditions it is a safe technique.
    Squat: 400lbs
    Deadlift:415lbs
    Bench:250bs
    All done with single ply equipment

Zigs has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zigs has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zigs has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zigs has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zigs has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zigs has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zigs has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zigs has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zigs has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zigs has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zigs has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Some idiots do that to get a buzz. Boy, when my parents found out that my sister did it with friends, it wasn't pretty.

majortrepak has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) majortrepak has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) majortrepak has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) majortrepak has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) majortrepak has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) majortrepak has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) majortrepak has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) majortrepak has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) majortrepak has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) majortrepak has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) majortrepak has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

talkin about the blood choke, right? Ya don't do that ****.
    Originally Posted by LiftingKid
    Any longer than that and you are going to want to apply reanimation techniques (slaps to the face J/K) + call the ambulence. I am choked by it all the time in practice (not to uncousciousness) and I believe that in controlled conditions it is a safe technique.
    Good call, don't practice this **** but if you use this choke just slap the person. My DI did this to me in boot, everyone told me I was flopping around like a fish but all I remember is him slapping me and not feeling it. Strange feeling.

Stats: 5'10", 213 lbs
    BodyPoints: 874
    WolverineGuy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WolverineGuy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WolverineGuy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WolverineGuy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WolverineGuy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WolverineGuy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WolverineGuy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WolverineGuy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WolverineGuy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WolverineGuy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WolverineGuy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit WolverineGuy's BodySpace
    I got this summary of a study done on chokes a few years ago. Random facts.

1)Side effects of chokes
    a)Unconsciousness occurs approximately 10 seconds (8-14 seconds) after choking. After release from the choke hold, the subject regains consciousness naturally (spontaneously) without difficulty in 10-20 seconds.
    b)In hadaka-jime (naked choke) the pressure on the larynx and trachea produced excruciating pain but there was no pain in other techniques before unconsciousness.
    c)The unconsciousness resulting from choking in Judo is mainly due to lack of oxygen and metabolic disturbances created in the brain, as a result of disturbance of cerebral circulation.
    d)The appearance of flushing of the face is due to disturbance in pressure in the carotid arteries and jugular veins.
    e)When convulsions occur, the EEG findings are very similar to a very short epileptic seizure.
    f)Tachycardia (increased heart rate), hypertension (increased blood pressure) and mydriasis (dilation of the pupils) were caused by stimulation of the sympathetic nervous system (vagus nerve).
    Tachycardia and hypertension may be also attributed to the carotid sinus reflex.
    g)All other laboratory studies show changes that are similar to condition accompanying central shock. Choking in Judo acts as a stressor on the circulator and hypophysio-adrenocortical system.
    h)According to their experience, no deleterious after effects remain after being "choked".

2)Blood chokes
    a)Blood Chokes work by interrupting the blood supply and stopping processed oxygen from being delivered from the lungs to the brain. These techniques are generally the faster acting of the two types of chokes and can cause unconsciousness in as little as 10 seconds when properly applied. Blood chokes are employed by applying pressure to the sides of the neck blocking the carotid arteries to interrupt blood flow to the brain. Interrupting blood flow to the brain can be accomplished without a great deal of pain or discomfort during a confrontation allowing the opponent to be rendered unconscious before he is fully aware of what is occurring. While potentially very dangerous, attacking the blood flow to the brain is less likely to cause permanent damage if released soon after unconsciousness and recovery without long-term effects is generally high.

3)Air Chokes
    a)Applied against the windpipe (trachea) to cutoff the air supply to the lungs or to damage it so the air supply will be interrupted or stopped.

Never a good idea to practice choking to the point of unconsciousness.
    Check out The Village Idiots, coming to a renaissance festival near you!
    http://www.rennieidiots.com

165->190 =] has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 165->190 =] has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 165->190 =] has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 165->190 =] has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 165->190 =] has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 165->190 =] has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 165->190 =] has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 165->190 =] has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 165->190 =] has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 165->190 =] has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 165->190 =] has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    nah its fine, take turns doing it with your mates............... moron