metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

What's a good power-building routine??

I'm wanting to put together a plan focussing more on the big three, bench, squat, deadlift, and also over-head press, to get my numbers up, but I'm not quite sure how to go about it.

So far I've been training all body parts pretty much by themselves, bodybuilding style. I usually train Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and have the weekend off. I guess what I'm wondering is how to fit all lifts into four days, even though I only deadlift every other week. My problem is I usually go so heavy on everything I'm still sore when it's time to workout something else. For instance, if I do bench on Monday, and have shoulders scheduled for Thursday I'm usually still to sore and end up having to put it off.

I could do something like this, but I'm not sure where I would fit in back and arms...

Monday Bench

Wednesday Squat

Friday Over-head Press

LiftingAddict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftingAddict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftingAddict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftingAddict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftingAddict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftingAddict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftingAddict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftingAddict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftingAddict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftingAddict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftingAddict has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Maybe something like this?

Monday: Chest/tris
    Tuesday: Legs
    Wed: Rest
    Thursday: Back/bis
    Friday: Shoulders/abs
    Sat & Sun: Rest

metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by LiftingAddict View Post
    Maybe something like this?

Monday: Chest/tris
    Tuesday: Legs
    Wed: Rest
    Thursday: Back/bis
    Friday: Shoulders/abs
    Sat & Sun: Rest
    That looks good... Only thing is I'm not sure if that would be enough rest between doing heavy legs and back, especially on deadlift weeks, since heavy squats usually tax my back strength.

LiftingAddict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftingAddict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftingAddict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftingAddict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftingAddict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftingAddict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftingAddict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftingAddict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftingAddict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftingAddict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftingAddict has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Then you could have 2 days rest in between legs and back, and only 1 rest day on the weekend. Or switch back and shoulder days.

bahpster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bahpster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bahpster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bahpster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bahpster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bahpster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bahpster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bahpster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bahpster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bahpster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bahpster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    try pushups theyre great for mass