Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

what does working out mean to YOU?

yup, thats the question, this may seem like a stupid post or really corny or whatever but hear me out:

Working out to me is basically my second home, im there 4-5 times a week, i know pretty much all the people there, we are all buddies, no beef with anyone, all the trainers know my name.

all the guys respect me and ask for advice, especially beginners (trainers and people at my gym talk about how i blew up in 2.5 years), its not really a bb gym, more of a fitness gym, so i am one of the biggest guys that go there (definetly in the top 5)

anyway, i pity these people who have their mind set on the gym as "aww man, i gotta go to the gym, i HAVE to go just to look good, or just to get in shape" to me, its so much more than that, its about achieving personal goals, strength, mass, cuts, weight, you can actually be in control of what you're doing, you are your own boss when you workout, no one can tell you what to do, you have the ability to change all sorts of things, mind body and soul.

Its a great feeling to be there, and for an hour (or whatever time i spent there each time) no matter what im going through, no matter what problems im having (gf - dont got one, but still, or friend, money, job, family) none of these things can get in the way of what im about to do that day, the concentration is purely on myself, trying to improve each time, a few more reps, a few more pounds each time.

just my thoughts, sounds lame but whatever, keeps me going.
    -The Age of Mount- resumes

"Get a look at greatness!"

JRX is on a distinguished road. (+10) JRX is on a distinguished road. (+10) JRX is on a distinguished road. (+10) JRX is on a distinguished road. (+10) JRX is on a distinguished road. (+10) JRX is on a distinguished road. (+10) JRX is on a distinguished road. (+10) JRX is on a distinguished road. (+10) JRX is on a distinguished road. (+10) JRX is on a distinguished road. (+10) JRX is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Totally agree with you. I love being in total control of how i will look, i don't have to rely on anyone else. It just rocks, i think the gym is a social thing also. There are loads of great people in there. Apart from this one guy at my gym who keeps giving me lectures about everything. Trying to be friendly and offer advice but its really patronising. Ah well.

Yep the gym rocks

GOP will become famous soon enough. (+50) GOP will become famous soon enough. (+50) GOP will become famous soon enough. (+50) GOP will become famous soon enough. (+50) GOP will become famous soon enough. (+50) GOP will become famous soon enough. (+50) GOP will become famous soon enough. (+50) GOP will become famous soon enough. (+50) GOP will become famous soon enough. (+50) GOP will become famous soon enough. (+50) GOP will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I work out for several reasons: To get stronger, look better, get some exercise, and it will eventually help me achieve my goal (Being a SEAL) when I start focusing on muscular endurance. I love working out and by far the hardest days for me are the off days

Sculpteur de physique JekDaMuscleFlex's Avatar
    JekDaMuscleFlex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JekDaMuscleFlex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JekDaMuscleFlex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JekDaMuscleFlex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JekDaMuscleFlex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JekDaMuscleFlex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JekDaMuscleFlex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JekDaMuscleFlex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JekDaMuscleFlex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hmm i gotta say, at first weight training was about gettin in shape, for self confidence, but now its soo much more than that, its a whole new me, its the great feeling i get from a workout where ive pushd myself hard, its the atmosphere at the gym, its the excitment of a workout day, its not pain its my relaxation zone it really has become me, Working out to me, means self improvment not just from a physical response, but a mental one too, come to think of it, i think bodybuilding and me were always gonna cross paths and i dnt regret it at all, when i go to the gym its to work out, when i go out n dnt eat McDonalds 3am in the morning, its because im dedicated it gives me stability and insight into the big world out there, sure it also helps that the ladies love it, but most importantly i love it and that counts above everything else

damn i went a bit poetic justice on this one but yer thats wat Bodybuilding for me is
    Age 18
    Height: 5'6"
    Current Weight: 170lb (77.2kg)
    bf%: 14

Eating is the secret to gaining in everyway

TO GET RESULTS PUT THE EFFORT DO THE RESEARCH

Registered User geriatricmuscle's Avatar
    geriatricmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geriatricmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geriatricmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geriatricmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geriatricmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geriatricmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geriatricmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geriatricmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geriatricmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geriatricmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geriatricmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think there are somethings in life we dream of as kids and never forget. In 1960 my father took me to Muscle Beach and I was so in awe of the physiques and comradery (sp??) of those working out, in the sun with crowds of people watching. Well, what do you think I wanted for Christmas that year. Damn right, a weight lifting set from Sears. Unfortunately, my step mother's point of view was, "I spent the money and youi're going to do it everyday"...so of course I never got into it.....guess I've alway had that FU attitude. I never lost the feeling I went home from Muscle Beach with though. I completely turned my life around at the age of 39 and you can bet your last dollar bodybuilding took over. For me, it's a sport I can do alone. I compete against myself at my own pace. I walk into my own gym, close the door and leave the world behind...

Happy Holidays all and thanks for being there all year round!
    gm

JekDaMuscleFlex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JekDaMuscleFlex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JekDaMuscleFlex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JekDaMuscleFlex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JekDaMuscleFlex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JekDaMuscleFlex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JekDaMuscleFlex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JekDaMuscleFlex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JekDaMuscleFlex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Respect to Geriatricmuscle, that was an owe inspiring well articulated response
    seriously, im impressd i couldnt say it better myself, wish i could go muscle beach, or gold gym, it will be reality one day that i promise
    Age 18

Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mammoth3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by JekDaMuscleFlex
    Respect to Geriatricmuscle, that was an owe inspiring well articulated response
    seriously, im impressd i couldnt say it better myself, wish i could go muscle beach, or gold gym, it will be reality one day that i promise
    lol..what about my post???

Originally Posted by Mammoth3
    lol..what about my post???
    Well isnt that implied by the fact that i added to ur thread? lol
    nah urs was good too, or else idn't have written anything
    Age 18

izthawiz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) izthawiz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) izthawiz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) izthawiz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) izthawiz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) izthawiz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    u know what man , if i dident work out for a few days ,id think id probobly shoot myself.
    Getting stronger week by week ,gives me so much joy , seing my self get stronger is so amazing to me .I cant give this **** up and ill never stop i cant stop.I dont care if there is a terrorist attack in the next building , im gonna still do my workout.

im addicted i need rehab or something

BurritoJim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BurritoJim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BurritoJim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BurritoJim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I lift weights so I can eat more.

spanky00185 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    to me since im still very new (about five straight months) it means learning and growing physically and mentally...trying to over come many things in a physical and mental aspect. and also the great feeling to me that im bout to get off work and am about to go work my a$$ off harder in one hour then i do at work for three or four 8 hour days and feel great after i get done bustin my a$$. its just a great feeling all around one that makes me want to go in just thinking about it now as i type.

bump