dbroncofan is on a distinguished road. (+10) dbroncofan is on a distinguished road. (+10) dbroncofan is on a distinguished road. (+10) dbroncofan is on a distinguished road. (+10) dbroncofan is on a distinguished road. (+10) dbroncofan is on a distinguished road. (+10) dbroncofan is on a distinguished road. (+10) dbroncofan is on a distinguished road. (+10) dbroncofan is on a distinguished road. (+10) dbroncofan is on a distinguished road. (+10) dbroncofan is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Bodybuilding and Breast implants

I am hoping someone here might have some experience in this area.

I have the option of getting placement above or below the pec muscle. I have been told that above that muscle has a more natural look, but sagging can occur much earlier. The more natural look is appealing, but the sagging is surely not!
    I have also heard that if the implant is placed below that muscle in someone that lifts alot that they might become odd shaped with developed pec muscles.

Any thoughts or experiences with this?

legacyguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) legacyguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) legacyguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) legacyguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) legacyguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) legacyguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) legacyguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) legacyguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) legacyguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) legacyguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) legacyguy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=6064711

This thread should help you in the right direction, hopefully.

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    good thread, I edited some of the crap out of it

Under the muscle just seems like a bad idea due to the pressure you will put on it when exercising. Real breast tissue is over anyway.
    And, if there is a problem, it is less invasive to solve. (several of my wifes co-workers have had numerous problems)
    lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The best place to look would be a site dedicated to breast implants, like implantinfo.com.

Whether something looks natural or not depends on the amount of tissue covering the implant. Overs will look natural if you already have a decent amount of breast tissue. They will look very unnatural for women who have significantly low body fat or naturally very small breasts to begin with.

As for unders and lifting, you don't say whether you want to compete or not, but implants are made to be extremely durable. I don't compete, but I do lift heavy (according to my ability--in the 45-60 lb range) and not only do the implants withstand things just fine, but they actually look MORE natural, not less.
    "This," I said pleasantly, "is known as getting it on."

dbroncofan is on a distinguished road. (+10) dbroncofan is on a distinguished road. (+10) dbroncofan is on a distinguished road. (+10) dbroncofan is on a distinguished road. (+10) dbroncofan is on a distinguished road. (+10) dbroncofan is on a distinguished road. (+10) dbroncofan is on a distinguished road. (+10) dbroncofan is on a distinguished road. (+10) dbroncofan is on a distinguished road. (+10) dbroncofan is on a distinguished road. (+10) dbroncofan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks for the help.

Had the consult yesterday and I am going with partial under the muscle. Doc won't do on top because I am pretty lean and the he feels it will look very unnatural and be a little risky so he feels the other way is best.

The only real bummer is the recovery time is longer and I can't lift chest for 6 weeks. I hate that. The thought of losing what I have gained kills me.
    I am going to work my butt off until the surgery date so I have as much muscle as possible by that time.

Thanks again for the input.

BethaneyJayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) BethaneyJayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) BethaneyJayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) BethaneyJayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) BethaneyJayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) BethaneyJayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) BethaneyJayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) BethaneyJayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) BethaneyJayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) BethaneyJayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) BethaneyJayne will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I had mine almost 3 months ago, cohesive gel under the muscle. I still feel that my chest muscles are overstretched even doing a back workout (with stuff like pull ups and lat pull down)

As for working the pec muscles, I ihave been advised not too, due to the implant being pushed out of place, I have had a friend at gym had this happen to her, and she has very strongly advised me that my new additions are enough, I dont need to build the muscle and risk ruining my implants.

I would not change anything now, at first I hated not doing chest, but now im almost glad, i can focus on the areas i need work more, as my chest is covered with bigger boobies now!

Good luck, im sure you'll make the right decision. Just dont risk your health, make sure you dont lift for the doctors reccommended time. trust me, I had complications I maybe could have avoided - its can be very stressful.

Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by dbroncofan View Post
    I am going to work my butt off until the surgery date so I have as much muscle as possible by that time.
    Don't do that! It will make your recovery much harder. Do you want your muscles to be hard and tight when your PS shoves an implant under them and stretches them out? I'm surprised your PS didn't tell you to stop working chest for a period of time before surgery.

I got mine over the muscle because I had the same concerns as you and I was worried about pec distortion. However, the leaner I get, the less natural they look, so now I wish I had gone with unders.

SuziCue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuziCue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuziCue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuziCue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuziCue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuziCue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuziCue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuziCue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuziCue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuziCue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuziCue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Mine are under, I lift heavy, have no problems and they look great!

I think what matters is your doctor. See several doctors and get there opinion--also, try to find a doctor that sees people who are fitness minded. My doc mostly does the competitors in the areas so he was more in the know about lifting, etc.

Good luck!
    You know if it were easy, EVERYONE would be doing it. www.shapeupwithsuzie.com

Proud Team Bombshell Member

SuziCue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuziCue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuziCue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuziCue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuziCue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuziCue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuziCue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuziCue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuziCue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuziCue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SuziCue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Tiffany_P View Post
    Don't do that! It will make your recovery much harder. Do you want your muscles to be hard and tight when your PS shoves an implant under them and stretches them out? I'm surprised your PS didn't tell you to stop working chest for a period of time before surgery.
    I've read this online on several sites but I didn't have this. I know everyone is different but I lifted heavy until the day of surgery and I was back in the gym 4 days post. I didn't lift heavy afterwards but I wasn't sore due to my pecs.
    You know if it were easy, EVERYONE would be doing it. www.shapeupwithsuzie.com

Proud Team Bombshell Member

Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by SuziCue View Post
    I've read this online on several sites but I didn't have this. I know everyone is different but I lifted heavy until the day of surgery and I was back in the gym 4 days post. I didn't lift heavy afterwards but I wasn't sore due to my pecs.
    4 days later? That's crazy. I wasn't allowed to exercise for 3 weeks. I'm glad everything worked out for you though!

Thanks for the info.
    My doc didn't say anything about me working out presurgery, but did tell me that I would have to wait for at least 3 weeks after, and even longer to lift pecs.

I am willing to do whatever it takes to have them heal right, but I am afraid of losing everything I have gained and worked so hard for.

BethaneyJayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) BethaneyJayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) BethaneyJayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) BethaneyJayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) BethaneyJayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) BethaneyJayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) BethaneyJayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) BethaneyJayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) BethaneyJayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) BethaneyJayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) BethaneyJayne will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I agree... dont train your chest hard before your op, I trained my chest until a week out and found that my whole chest post op was so tight and sore, I the muscle had been pumped up due to me working it, then cut and an implant placed in, yes it did make recovery a bit slower for me I believe.