Crazy_Desi is a name known to all. (+5000) Crazy_Desi is a name known to all. (+5000) Crazy_Desi is a name known to all. (+5000) Crazy_Desi is a name known to all. (+5000) Crazy_Desi is a name known to all. (+5000) Crazy_Desi is a name known to all. (+5000) Crazy_Desi is a name known to all. (+5000) Crazy_Desi is a name known to all. (+5000) Crazy_Desi is a name known to all. (+5000) Crazy_Desi is a name known to all. (+5000) Crazy_Desi is a name known to all. (+5000)

Exclamation For the last time, bulk or cut.

This topic has been discussed waaay too many times and I want a final answer.

Current stats:
    5'8''
    155 lbs
    20%bf
    Hip flexors injured, Lower back strained (can't squat or deadlift)
    34 inch waist

*A lot of people call me an idiot for wanting to cut to 10% bf before I go on a VERY long clean bulk, even though I'm skinny fat.
    *Keep in mind, whether I cut or bulk, I have a perfect diet for both, I cheat once every 2 weeks, I drink 1.5 gallons of water, have similar routines, and am on creatine + NO.

Positives of Cutting
    Can stay lean all year if clean bulking
    Don't have to cut later
    Increased confidence
    Can gauge progress whilst clean bulking

Positives of Bulking
    Increased size
    Increased strength
    Bigger lifts
    Feel less hungry

Negatives of Cutting
    Not much strength gain
    No size gains
    Feel more hungry

Negatives of Bulking
    Fat gain, on top of being skinny fat already
    Less confidence due to being fat
    Have to cut later

Guys I want an honest opinion. I am skinny fat, (34 inch waist..) and that means I also have fat on my face which I don't like. If I cut to 10% bf, I would look a lot leaner, and when I bulk I could see what I need to work on more clearly. I know I will be even skinner when I cut, and the only reason why I'd do it is so I can stay lean during my bulk. I could care less about seeing abs; I just don't wanna look skinny fat.

Basically it boils down to two things;
    Bulk, gain size, gain strength, and look like a fatass
    Cut, be lean, then bulk while staying lean, at the expense of less bulk time now.

What are your opinions?

NEDM is on a distinguished road. (+10) NEDM is on a distinguished road. (+10) NEDM is on a distinguished road. (+10) NEDM is on a distinguished road. (+10) NEDM is on a distinguished road. (+10) NEDM is on a distinguished road. (+10) NEDM is on a distinguished road. (+10) NEDM is on a distinguished road. (+10) NEDM is on a distinguished road. (+10) NEDM is on a distinguished road. (+10) NEDM is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm in the exact same situation man; I'm going the same route, so I say cut before you bulk more. It'll help you in the long run because it's harder to cut than to bulk, plus gains show a lot easier.
    Fighting anorexia.

Started: 140 lbs @ 5'11"
    Current: 165 lbs @ 6'0"
    15% BF
    Goal (by Summer 2009): 180lbs @ 10-11% BF

I pay back reps.
    Owed:
    Team Punishment

I'm way too tired to change my profile pic.

Chinatown8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chinatown8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chinatown8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chinatown8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chinatown8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chinatown8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chinatown8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chinatown8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chinatown8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chinatown8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chinatown8 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i say bulk before you cut..
    don't you think it would be better if you gained your big muscles first instead of being a really skinny guy?

Crazy_Desi is a name known to all. (+5000) Crazy_Desi is a name known to all. (+5000) Crazy_Desi is a name known to all. (+5000) Crazy_Desi is a name known to all. (+5000) Crazy_Desi is a name known to all. (+5000) Crazy_Desi is a name known to all. (+5000) Crazy_Desi is a name known to all. (+5000) Crazy_Desi is a name known to all. (+5000) Crazy_Desi is a name known to all. (+5000) Crazy_Desi is a name known to all. (+5000) Crazy_Desi is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm in the exact same situation man; I'm going the same route, so I say cut before you bulk more. It'll help you in the long run because it's harder to cut than to bulk, plus gains show a lot easier.
    Yea thats what I was trying to say, but everyone says I'm wrong They say cutting is a waste of time. It might be harder to cut now, since I don't have much muscle mass, but isn't it worth the effort so that you can stay lean while you bulk?

i say bulk before you cut..
    don't you think it would be better if you gained your big muscles first instead of being a really skinny guy?
    The thing is, I already look like a really skinny guy. The only difference is, I have fat on my pecs, stomach, face, arms, and hips. Not many people can tell; this is because wherever I go, I have to constantly suck in my stomach or else people would instantly notice. If I bulked, it would be impossible to hide it. A month or two ago, my friend was talking to me about it, and he started making fun of me b/c I have a lot of fat on my face.. I can even notice it now.
    Last edited by CrazyIndian; 01-10-2008 at 03:23 PM.

Elohim has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    If your at 20% bf I would say cut first then go on a clean bulk
    Height: 5'11"
    Weight: 170
    Bench: 200
    Dips: 55
    Pull-ups: 33

LCbeast90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LCbeast90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LCbeast90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LCbeast90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LCbeast90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LCbeast90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LCbeast90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LCbeast90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LCbeast90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LCbeast90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LCbeast90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I was the same way, I cut down a bit but I got depressed after looking at my muscleless self so I just bulked up, looking back I feel like I wasted time on my initial cut. I think it comes down to preference though, you listed the pros and cons , now you should decide for yourself.
    3k+

saintjames1122 is not very helpful. (-500) saintjames1122 is not very helpful. (-500) saintjames1122 is not very helpful. (-500) saintjames1122 is not very helpful. (-500) saintjames1122 is not very helpful. (-500) saintjames1122 is not very helpful. (-500) saintjames1122 is not very helpful. (-500) saintjames1122 is not very helpful. (-500) saintjames1122 is not very helpful. (-500) saintjames1122 is not very helpful. (-500) saintjames1122 is not very helpful. (-500)
    If your really self conscience (sp) about your fat then cut.

I was skinny fat about 2 years ago, at 5'4" 135 18% bodyfat.

I did kind of a cut/maintainance for 4-5 months and got down to 13% bodyfat at 132 lbs.

You'll need to stay around your maintaneance clas(+/-200 cals)

I worked out 3 times a week doing lower body and upper body routines.

And I ran 3 times a week and sometimes walked on the tredmil after my workouts.

It takes PATIENCE and dedication.

Lothur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lothur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lothur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lothur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lothur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lothur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lothur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My bodyfat % went down as I bulked. From 170 to 188 I look leaner now than I ever have. Food for thought.

user5145 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user5145 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user5145 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user5145 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user5145 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user5145 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user5145 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user5145 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user5145 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user5145 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user5145 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Don't even bother cutting if you have nothing to cut down to. Bulk for a few months, and if you eat clean and lift hard, you will lower your bodyfat%. You need some muscle to cut down to before you worry about cutting.
    On the individual:

His responses grow intelligent, or gain meaning, simply because he lives and acts in a medium of accepted meanings and values. Through social intercourse, through sharing in the activities embodying beliefs, he gradually acquires a mind of his own. The conception of mind as a purely isolated possession of the self is at the very antipodes of the truth.

- John Dewey

All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusion is called a philosopher.

~Ambrose Bierce

Chinatown8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chinatown8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chinatown8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chinatown8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chinatown8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chinatown8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chinatown8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chinatown8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chinatown8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chinatown8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chinatown8 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    just pack on the muscle with a bulk and it'll be the muscles will be much more noticable than the fat..
    then after that just do your cut and you'll look like a beast i doubt your friend will still be making fun of you haha

monsterdeads is on a distinguished road. (+10) monsterdeads is on a distinguished road. (+10) monsterdeads is on a distinguished road. (+10) monsterdeads is on a distinguished road. (+10) monsterdeads is on a distinguished road. (+10) monsterdeads is on a distinguished road. (+10) monsterdeads is on a distinguished road. (+10) monsterdeads is on a distinguished road. (+10) monsterdeads is on a distinguished road. (+10) monsterdeads is on a distinguished road. (+10) monsterdeads is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Ultimately, it will be up to you no matter what anyone on this board says. If you choose the cutting route, be careful not to lift too much weight that you will hurt yourself all over again. If you continue to bulk, then clean bulk and get some more strength and size; then cut.

Seeing as you can't squat or deadlift, you probably will end up cutting. Squats and deads would've helped add most of your mass. Also, when your back injury goes away, learn proper form of the exercises and use lighter weights. Based on your other thread, it sounds like you were using heavy weight and questionable form. There's no point in bringing the ego to the gym just to end up sidelined (as you should now know).

I'm not saying this to be "mean", but it's the truth. Good luck with whatever you choose.
    I owe reps to:
    AMERICAZHUSTLA

^^Thanks for the advice.

I think I said the wrong thing earlier.. it wasn't my ego, it was just overeagerness if that makes sense.

I know I'm skinny, and I don't try to show off in the gym at all. And believe me, I know the weights I pull are pussy weights. They're just a lot for me, personally.