I love sweet potatoes, usually I just nuke them in the microwave and enjoy them. Today I wanted to try something new. Sweet potatoes are really sweet, I thought if I mixed it with cottage cheese I can bring out the flavor more.
Have you guys tried this yet?
I included all the nutritional facts/calories that comprises the entire recipe. One serving of this is only 220 calories, and I'm stuffed after it! It keeps me really full. You should try it out.
Basically this is what I did:
CLIFFSWEET POTATO PREPARATION
1. Get ONE sweet potato.
2. Wash the sweet potato.
3. Poke some holes on each side of the sweet potato with a fork.
4. Grab a flat plate.
5. Put a piece of folded paper towel on the bottom of the plate.
6. Put the sweet potato on the plate on top of the folder paper towel.
7. Put it into the microwave for 5 minutes.
8. At 2 minutes 30 seconds, flip it over.
9. Move onto cottage cheese preparation.
COTTAGE CHEESE PREPARATION
1. Put 1/2 a cup [or more] of cottage cheese in a bowl.
2. Mix in 1/2 tsp of cinnamon and 1/2 tsp of cocoa into the cottage cheese.
3. Mix together.
4. Move onto putting it all together.
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
1. Take out the sweet potato from the microwave.
2. Cut it hot dog style with a knife.
3. Remove the skin.
4. Cut up the sweet potato into small chunks.
5. Drop the chunks into the cottage cheese mixture.
6. Mix and mash it all together.
7. Finally, sprinkle on 3 tsps of granola for every 1/2 cup of cottage cheese used [Adds texture, crunch, and sweetness to the meal]
Wash Sweet Potato
Mix into Cottage Cheese, Cocoa, and Cinnamon.
I love experimenting, and its been a week since I found something that tastes so good. My last few recipes were disasters but this one turned out awesome.