Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    ouprincess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ouprincess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ouprincess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ouprincess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ouprincess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ouprincess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ouprincess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ouprincess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ouprincess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ouprincess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ouprincess has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Atkins Fat Fast?????

I've never been on an Atkins diet so if you guys could ansewer a few questions for me it would be helpful specificlly the fat fast.From what I understand you limit your cals to 1000 a day, zero carbs and alot of fat for 5 days.This is suppose to make people who have trouble losing weight drop weight fast.The book says this is not safe for people who are not having trouble losing weight because you would lose weight to fast.
    1.Does this work?
    2.Could you do this to lose weight even if you were not on a keto diet?
    3.Why wouldn't it be safe? It is only 5 days.
    Any info would appreciated.

MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ouprincess View Post
    I've never been on an Atkins diet so if you guys could ansewer a few questions for me it would be helpful specificlly the fat fast.From what I understand you limit your cals to 1000 a day, zero carbs and alot of fat for 5 days.This is suppose to make people who have trouble losing weight drop weight fast.The book says this is not safe for people who are not having trouble losing weight because you would lose weight to fast.
    1.Does this work?
    I'm not familiar with this but it seems logical -- nothing wrong with a 5 day partial fast - - 1kcals is still decent if it's from mostly fat.
    www.xccellence.com

FKK.....We don't play

Getting big: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136802401

- Alan Aragon www.alanaragon.com

RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Why limit to 1000??

He suggests a ratio of about 80 fat to 20% protein. That should work just fine and dandy @ 1400-1600 (for a girl). Might be better because you're gonna feel REAL slow and lethargic @ 1000 calories.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    ******** TRAP BAR BOARD REP*******
    VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

---*No Hymen No Diamond Crew*---

chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think the reason Adkins reffered to it as "not advisable" unless your hitting a serious roadblock, is as a doctor he knows the dangers of too rapid weight loss. If Dr Adkins says its too fast then you should probably believe its too fast heheh.
    I always lose plenty fast enough on keto so I never tried the fat fast

scouthern will become famous soon enough. (+50) scouthern will become famous soon enough. (+50) scouthern will become famous soon enough. (+50) scouthern will become famous soon enough. (+50) scouthern will become famous soon enough. (+50) scouthern will become famous soon enough. (+50) scouthern will become famous soon enough. (+50) scouthern will become famous soon enough. (+50) scouthern will become famous soon enough. (+50) scouthern will become famous soon enough. (+50) scouthern will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Put it at 10 cals per lb of body weight. Atkins is completely safe, as long as carbs and transfat are not in your diet, this will lower bad cholestrol and higher good cholestrol.

ouprincess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ouprincess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ouprincess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ouprincess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ouprincess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ouprincess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ouprincess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ouprincess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ouprincess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ouprincess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ouprincess has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by RU4A69 View Post
    Why limit to 1000??

He suggests a ratio of about 80 fat to 20% protein. That should work just fine and dandy @ 1400-1600 (for a girl). Might be better because you're gonna feel REAL slow and lethargic @ 1000 calories.
    I'm not sure why the fat fast is limited to 1000 cals, I'm read this in his book but there is only about 3 pages on the fast and he says 90% fat while fasting.

Drandom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drandom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drandom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drandom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drandom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drandom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drandom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drandom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drandom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drandom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drandom is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by scouthern View Post
    Put it at 10 cals per lb of body weight. Atkins is completely safe, as long as carbs and transfat are not in your diet, this will lower bad cholestrol and higher good cholestrol.
    Atkins is safe yes, but not ideal imho. I lost way too much muscle when I lost 120 pounds doing it.

But the OP was just talking about 5 days I think.
    Keto dropped > 125lbs

Currently bulking

OSUstud75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OSUstud75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OSUstud75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OSUstud75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OSUstud75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OSUstud75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OSUstud75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OSUstud75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OSUstud75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

From experience

The keto diet does work, because I have done it (lost 40lbs in 2 months). However, if not done correctly, after going off of the diet, positive weight gain can very likely occur. You can definitely lose weight a lot more healthier without the keto diet. It is used for QUICK weight loss... not healthy. Also, I regret to inform you that 5 days wont be a sufficient amount of time to do the diet. Your body will most likely reverse the Keto after the 5 days and you will in actuality GAIN weight as a fighting mechanism by the body to store fat after the "sudden loss". If you would like more information on a safer (and still quick) way to lose fat, I would be more than happy to develop a nutritional and workout plan for you. Hope this helps :-)

oh... and Boomer Sooner!
    Adonis Complex isn't a disorder... it's a lifestyle.

But the OP was just talking about 5 days I think.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, just 5 days.What I'm thinking is using this fast as a way to sorta shock or jump start my diet. It is according to Atkins book a good for people that have reached a point where they are no longer losing weight.Now I haven't been doing the keto diet so I'm not sure if that will effect things and after the 5 days I plan to go to a carb cycle.LOw to moderate till I reach my weightloss goal which at this point is only 15 pounds.

Originally Posted by OSUstud75 View Post
    The keto diet does work, because I have done it (lost 40lbs in 2 months). However, if not done correctly, after going off of the diet, positive weight gain can very likely occur. You can definitely lose weight a lot more healthier without the keto diet. It is used for QUICK weight loss... not healthy. Also, I regret to inform you that 5 days wont be a sufficient amount of time to do the diet. Your body will most likely reverse the Keto after the 5 days and you will in actuality GAIN weight as a fighting mechanism by the body to store fat after the "sudden loss". If you would like more information on a safer (and still quick) way to lose fat, I would be more than happy to develop a nutritional and workout plan for you. Hope this helps :-)

oh... and Boomer Sooner!
    I would appreciate any help.I'm sorta stuck here.I only need to lose another 15 pounds but doing it seams to be impossiable.

scouthern will become famous soon enough. (+50) scouthern will become famous soon enough. (+50) scouthern will become famous soon enough. (+50) scouthern will become famous soon enough. (+50) scouthern will become famous soon enough. (+50) scouthern will become famous soon enough. (+50) scouthern will become famous soon enough. (+50) scouthern will become famous soon enough. (+50) scouthern will become famous soon enough. (+50) scouthern will become famous soon enough. (+50) scouthern will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Drandom View Post
    Atkins is safe yes, but not ideal imho. I lost way too much muscle when I lost 120 pounds doing it.

But the OP was just talking about 5 days I think.
    Weird... I'm using atkins to lose fat and preserve muscle mass. And it works.

I would appreciate any help.I'm sorta stuck here.I only need to lose another 15 pounds but doing it seams to be impossiable.
    Just follow what I've said, I am on atkins currently and I have lost 15lb of fat. 5 days wont do it for you, theres a 2 week induction phase, thats when the fat sheds off. Follow

10 cals per lb
    Your diet should be 60% fat, 35 Protein and 5 carbs
    Workout: Full body 3x a week
    Cardio: 5x a week

You will see the results you wanted in 8 weeks if you follow this with CONSISTENCY.
    Last edited by scouthern; 01-09-2008 at 07:33 PM.

Drandom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drandom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drandom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drandom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drandom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drandom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drandom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drandom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drandom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drandom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drandom is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by scouthern View Post
    Weird... I'm using atkins to lose fat and preserve muscle mass. And it works.

Just follow what I've said, I am on atkins currently and I have lost 15lb of fat. 5 days wont do it for you, theres a 2 week induction phase, thats when the fat sheds off. Follow

10 cals per lb
    Your diet should be 60% fat, 35 Protein and 5 carbs
    Workout: Full body 3x a week
    Cardio: 5x a week

You will see the results you wanted in 8 weeks if you follow this with CONSISTENCY.

Well you can do it if youre smart sure. I was not. Atkins is high fat, moderate at most protein and ultra low carbs. But most people on atkins dont lift weights all that much, just do some basic cardio. Which is a recipe to lose muscle imho. Im sure you are lifting regularly to maintain the muscle and eating enough protein of course.

Im not bashing Atkins. I lost 120 pounds doing it. But it didn't stress lifting weights and eating enough protein each day to build or even maintain muscle.
    Keto dropped > 125lbs

Currently bulking

hatemakinsns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hatemakinsns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hatemakinsns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hatemakinsns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hatemakinsns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hatemakinsns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hatemakinsns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hatemakinsns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hatemakinsns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hatemakinsns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hatemakinsns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by OSUstud75 View Post

oh... and Boomer Sooner!
    If you're going to post in the keto section a little bit of knowledge about the LIFESTYLE wouldn't hurt. Keto is more than just fat people trying to lose weight fast- it's about making a decision to eat TRULY HEALTHY for life. When done right ketogenic diets are the safest, healthiest, and probably easiest diets to stick with.

Atkins had more than one way to get into ketosis, but I don't think discloses them all in the books. Some are considered unsafe, but none the less, the idea is just to get the body into, and adjust to, the new energy source faster. Besides the well known two week induction, he also talked about a week long "fat fast" in which almost everything was pure fat, and gradually the percentages were shifted around to healthier ratio of fat/protein/still low carb. Then of course there was the two day fast to starve the body into ketosis. Both were designed for the people whose bodies practically refused to accept the lack of carbs for energy (which is only natural since they've been stuffed with em since birth)

^^

Two day fast? Can you elaborate on this more? I thought after the two week induction your diet is consistent till you are happy with the results.

Registered User johnnyironboard's Avatar
    johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    1.Does this work?
    You read it right 90 percent fat and 1,000 calories- it's for folks that can't lose any other way.

this link has a study of a 1,000 calorie diet with 90 percent of calories from protein,carbs, and fat results are interesting.
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/md66.htm

I've often thought about experimenting with it myself.

Are you still at OU? I graduated in 1990.

Originally Posted by johnnyironboard View Post
    You read it right 90 percent fat and 1,000 calories- it's for folks that can't lose any other way.

this link has a study of a 1,000 calorie diet with 90 percent of calories from protein,carbs, and fat results are interesting.
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/md66.htm

I've often thought about experimenting with it myself.

Are you still at OU? I graduated in 1990.
    The metabolic diet is exactly what I'm thinking I need. Thanks for the link.I'm starting the 5 day fat fast today, then I plan to go to low carbs for a week then on to a carb cycle.Which for me will mean mostly eating eggs for 5 days.1000 cals with 90% fat is kinda limiting in what you can eat, but then it's only 5 days.
    Boomer Sooners!!! Yeah,I actually just started OU last semester.

granma lifts more than u! ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT!'s Avatar
    ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000)
    Do you want the book ouprincess ? Ill shoot you an e-book of it if you likey

yea I want nudes in exchange if you got um ..( here's your chance to lie and say you aint got none )

;-)
    just lift HEAVY A$$ weights & eat on dat healthy isht . * hellabutt psychology 101 *

I ate 3690 cals today .. 275 fat / 269 protein / 25g carbs ~ 8g fiber

yes my head was hurting from all dem dere ketones

Originally Posted by MrLovrLovr View Post
    Do you want the book ouprincess ? Ill shoot you an e-book of it if you likey

yea I want nudes in exchange if you got um ..( here's your chance to lie and say you aint got none )

;-)
    Thanks, but your a little late I went to the library this morning and picked books on the diet. Guess the librarian gets my nudes.

¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000)
    ugh so did I earn semi nudes for trying ?

and if you didn't get the anabolic diet or metabolic diet books you didn't get THE books to have for Keto ..
    just lift HEAVY A$$ weights & eat on dat healthy isht . * hellabutt psychology 101 *

MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks, but your a little late I went to the library this morning and picked books on the diet. Guess the librarian gets my nudes.
    Will you think about doing a log? I am VERY interested in seeing how this turns out. Seems like a good way to jumpstart a cut.
    www.xccellence.com

FKK.....We don't play

Getting big: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136802401

- Alan Aragon www.alanaragon.com

Originally Posted by MarkVI View Post
    Will you think about doing a log? I am VERY interested in seeing how this turns out. Seems like a good way to jumpstart a cut.
    Yeah,I'm running it on my blog.....I just got back from a three week vacation and blew off my training and diet.... now I have one very angry coach that wants results and he wants them fast.My bad I know..

abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by MrLovrLovr View Post
    and if you didn't get the anabolic diet or metabolic diet books you didn't get THE books to have for Keto ..
    Pffttt, I read the Anabolic Diet yesterday, doesn't hold a candle to The Ketogenic Diet.

abar that might be a good read yes , but the Anabolic Diet and his other book protein power tell US how to follow the diet - the book you mentioined is more liek a documentary ..
    Good read no doubt , but not for someone wanting a complete source imho - to learn from for their own benefit

Hey guys help me out. Ok, I know that on a fat fast like this you normally lose alot of water weight. I started taking a supplement 2 days before starting this diet, it's called M5 it's like no-explode has creatin in it, is that going to prevent alot of water loss?? If so can I assume that the weight I lose is fat not waterloss?? Should I have done the 5 diet before starting the supplement??

Creatine is recommended when on Keto love .. youre ok
    Long as theres no carbs in it that is ..

Nudes now right

rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000)
    I realize you have already received a number of answers, but as I have basically followed an Atkins "lifestyle" for the past 4-5 years, I just wanted to add that yes, the fat fast works, works safely, IMO, and works quickly, in most cases.

The 1000 cals, to me at least, is more of a number for people who like them, but the ratio really seems to matter, for myself AND my wife, more than anything. Neither of us use it often, or for long as it's just too difficult to stay on however. Calorie wise, my wife, who is around 5'7" or so, roughly 130-140lb range, takes in on average 1200-1500 cals while on it, keeping fat in the 90% range.

As a side note, and I"m not trying to sound like an idiot, but don't listen to anyone in the thread that stats keto\Atkins diets are only for "quick" wait loss and not healthy. I know quite a few folks, myself and my wife included, who make this a way of life, and have NEVER been healthier, or felt better in general.
    Steve

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    - Dr. Seuss

Body like a stone, mind like a meatloaf.
    - Eric Cartman

marty6001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marty6001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marty6001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marty6001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marty6001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marty6001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marty6001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marty6001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marty6001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marty6001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marty6001 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Creatine will cause you to hold onto a nominal amount of the water. I take it daily (5G) with my protein postworkout and while my weight hasnt dropped a ton, by waist size has and my muscles have grown!! safe and keto loves da creatine
    Tomorrow is no place to place your better days.

marty6001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marty6001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marty6001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marty6001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marty6001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marty6001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marty6001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marty6001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marty6001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marty6001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marty6001 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by rotlex View Post
    I realize you have already received a number of answers, but as I have basically followed an Atkins "lifestyle" for the past 4-5 years, I just wanted to add that yes, the fat fast works, works safely, IMO, and works quickly, in most cases.

The 1000 cals, to me at least, is more of a number for people who like them, but the ratio really seems to matter, for myself AND my wife, more than anything. Neither of us use it often, or for long as it's just too difficult to stay on however. Calorie wise, my wife, who is around 5'7" or so, roughly 130-140lb range, takes in on average 1200-1500 cals while on it, keeping fat in the 90% range.

As a side note, and I"m not trying to sound like an idiot, but don't listen to anyone in the thread that stats keto\Atkins diets are only for "quick" wait loss and not healthy. I know quite a few folks, myself and my wife included, who make this a way of life, and have NEVER been healthier, or felt better in general.

Way of life here as well!! not a quick fix, a change in thinking and eating!! I hate that people call it a diet, save for those on weight watchers who are forced to watch me eat bacon!!
    Tomorrow is no place to place your better days.

Originally Posted by rotlex View Post

I' m having trouble getting 90% fat out my diet plan nd I'm sticking the foods Atkins specficlly listed for the fat fast.When I run the numbers I get 85% fat.Is this good enough or do I need to remake my diet. I'm spending about 6 hours a day training right now plus work and school I don't have time to figure meals on a daily baisis, so I do a one day meal plan and figure cals and fat and then eat the same thing everyday for a week.But I'm only at 85% fat.
    I'm not looking for any kind of quick short term diet.... I've been doing a carb cycle for a year now and I've found it hard to lose weight on this type diet and I've noticed that I have more energy for training when I have higher fat intake and lower carbs so I'm thinking I will do better on this type of diet. I think the fat fast is a good way to jump start that but I want to make sure I do it right.Is the 85% good enough or to do I need to refigure my diet??

There's 2 carbs??? Is that bad?? I take it once a day.I know the diet says no carbs but even the diet he lays out in the section on fat fast has a few carbs. I'm under 10 carbs a day.Is that to much.Does it really have to be zero.It kinda sucks they went through the trouble to tell you about the fat fast in his book, but didn't give all the details.Makes it little hard to follow