heavybastard will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavybastard will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavybastard will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavybastard will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavybastard will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavybastard will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavybastard will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavybastard will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavybastard will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavybastard will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavybastard will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Bodybuilding and Life:getting a balance

Do alot of you advanced Bodybuilders still have time for university/jobs/going out on weekends? I wanna know if i should start doing it hardcore

Keeper of the Health FormReverend's Avatar
    FormReverend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FormReverend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FormReverend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FormReverend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FormReverend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FormReverend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FormReverend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FormReverend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FormReverend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FormReverend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FormReverend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It can be a little much, but some planning and preparation can really make life easier.

My biggest thing right now is trying to get to the gym during my peak hours, which is in the morning. I personally like getting my workout done in the morning because it makes me feel good for the rest of the day. Right now I am bulking, so one of the harder things to do with all that is going on is actually eating at the right times. Sometimes the times get fudged a little, but its not too big of a deal. Right now I am home on break, but at my college I set up my courses with some gaps in between that I can shovel down some food or get in my workout. If you are looking to get serious, I have one word for you: Tupperware. Cook a whole lot of food at the beginning of the week and toss it into tupperwear containers. Heck, if you really want to be organized you can write the day on the lid so even if you were half asleep you would grab the right food.

Working can be hard sometimes. My boss wants me to put in some hours, and fortunately I am training some people new in my department, so we are doing it during evening hours when there are not that many people in, and I'll have the bulk of my meals done by that time anyway. If you bust ass when you are on the clock most bosses won't see a problem with you jamming down some food at several hour intervals.

Weekends: It's all what you make of it. I do just fine on the weekends (Tupperware heh heh) and I still do the things I love, like surfing or hitting the mall or hanging out with my girl. You'll find that the compromises can be quite easy sometimes.
    Stop worrying so much about overtraining. Worry about undereating and under-resting. If it works keep it up. If it doesn't, get rid of it. Compound lifts rule. So does unprocessed food.

With milk at $5 a gallon how do some of you afford so many useless supps?

astroxaun is on a distinguished road. (+10) astroxaun is on a distinguished road. (+10) astroxaun is on a distinguished road. (+10) astroxaun is on a distinguished road. (+10) astroxaun is on a distinguished road. (+10) astroxaun is on a distinguished road. (+10) astroxaun is on a distinguished road. (+10) astroxaun is on a distinguished road. (+10) astroxaun is on a distinguished road. (+10) astroxaun is on a distinguished road. (+10) astroxaun is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Talking

Many pro bodybuilders do bb as their full time job..their lives revolve arnd bb...so yea they don't really have much to juggle..as for us average peepz who r merely looking to get big/compete for fun...yea..it's tougher for us bcoz we have life outside bb...it's just a sacrifice that u have to make..i'm studying in university now...it's hard for me to maintain my grades like before when i have to workout and make my 5-6 meals per day..so i had to study extra few hours to get to the level that i want...things like that...SACRIFICE is the keyword

D-87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My schedule works out fairly well. I'm a full time college student (freshman) and have an almost full time job (30 hours a week). I still work out Sunday-Friday and keep a fairly decent social life. It's hard sometimes when there's a load of homework or overtime at work, but I try and keep my schedule fairly set and lift six days a week. Keeping a strict diet is tough when you don't have the time to prepare your food. That's when protein shakes or cans of tuna come in handy. So I guess in answer to your question, yes, I can keep a job, school, social life, and a fairly hardcore bodybuilding routine. It's not easy, but do-able.

Official Misc Doctor SummerBear's Avatar
    SummerBear will become famous soon enough. (+50) SummerBear will become famous soon enough. (+50) SummerBear will become famous soon enough. (+50) SummerBear will become famous soon enough. (+50) SummerBear will become famous soon enough. (+50) SummerBear will become famous soon enough. (+50) SummerBear will become famous soon enough. (+50) SummerBear will become famous soon enough. (+50) SummerBear will become famous soon enough. (+50) SummerBear will become famous soon enough. (+50) SummerBear will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Don't forget that we bodybuild to be healthy and live life! So don't let it consume you to the point where all you do is, "hit the gym" and obsessivley eat out of tupperware. You can do all of this; but make sure to frequently do other things. Live alittle.