Nickdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nickdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nickdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nickdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nickdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nickdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nickdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nickdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nickdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nickdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nickdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

looked over grip strengthening exercise

I havent seen these mentioned in any grip articles or posts.

towel chinups

you simply tie one or two towels to a chin up bar and do chinups while holding on to the towel, its freaking sweat.

John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Nickdude
    I havent seen these mentioned in any grip articles or posts.
    I've mentioned it. Towel chinups or towel pullups, take your pick.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

zfan88 is not very helpful. (-500) zfan88 is not very helpful. (-500) zfan88 is not very helpful. (-500) zfan88 is not very helpful. (-500) zfan88 is not very helpful. (-500) zfan88 is not very helpful. (-500) zfan88 is not very helpful. (-500) zfan88 is not very helpful. (-500) zfan88 is not very helpful. (-500) zfan88 is not very helpful. (-500) zfan88 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Been mentioned quite a bit

The Giant Killer ShreddedShruggin's Avatar
    ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Oh, you just "simply" tie bang out towel pull ups, eh? lol

-Grimface

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    what type of grip are you interested in training - crush support or pinch?
    <->

Lamdun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lamdun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lamdun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lamdun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lamdun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lamdun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lamdun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lamdun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lamdun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lamdun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lamdun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by John Hicks
    I've mentioned it. Towel chinups or towel pullups, take your pick.
    You know, I feel real stupid asking this, but after a year of training, its about time.

What is the difference between chinups and pullups?

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Lamdun
    You know, I feel real stupid asking this, but after a year of training, its about time.

What is the difference between chinups and pullups?
    chin - palm facing you
    pullup - palm facing away
    <->

Lamdun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lamdun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lamdun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lamdun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lamdun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lamdun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lamdun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lamdun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lamdun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lamdun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lamdun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by $AJ
    chin - palm facing you
    That's what I always thought, but:

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/.../AsChinup.html

or is that just wrong?

That's what I always thought, but:

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/.../AsChinup.html

or is that just wrong?
    wrong
    <->

mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by $AJ
    chin - palm facing you
    ^^^

John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Thumbs up Dare To Be Stupid

You know, I feel real stupid
    Oh no... don't feel stupid. Just admit that you ARE stupid. But that's o.k., because we help the stupid people as well as the smart ones.

Be stupid... but be proud! We're always here to help you - remember that.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    With a towel wouldn't you pretty much end up with a supinated grip?

It would seem more natural that way to me anyway.

Also, would hammer grip = supinated grip I assume?
    *No Crew*

The Giant Killer ShreddedShruggin's Avatar
    ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Mozelstein
    With a towel wouldn't you pretty much end up with a supinated grip?
    No

Originally Posted by Mozelstein
    Also, would hammer grip = supinated grip I assume?
    No

-Grimface

TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Still_Shruggin
    No

No

-Grimface
    Care to elaborate oh mighty one of few words?

What I meant by the first statement is that it would seem more natural for your palms to be facing one another rather than away/towards you. I haven't tried them yet so I can't say but holding my arms up as if I were going to grip towels and do pullups seems like it would end up that way...

Also what would a supinated grip pullup be if it isn't hammer grip?
    *No Crew*

Supinated = palms towards you

Pronated = Palms away from you.

So, bascally, Supinated = chinup, pronated = pullup

That makes sense. Thanks.
    *No Crew*

Mike750 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mike750 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mike750 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mike750 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mike750 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mike750 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mike750 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mike750 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mike750 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mike750 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mike750 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Then, you have neutral which is what the towel would give you! Just thought I'd throw that in.
    "When my opponent contracts, I expand. And when he expands, I contract.
    And when the opportunity arrives, *looks at clenched fist* I do not hit with it. It hits all by itself"-Bruce Lee
    ---------------------------------------------------
    If you're hungry.....it's too late.

MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Mike750
    Then, you have neutral which is what the towel would give you! Just thought I'd throw that in.
    Yeah, plus you can do them one hand above the other - baseball bat grip