Closed Thread
Page 5 of 267 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast
    AZIronMine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AZIronMine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by cdoty
    The power rack was the best piece of equipment I have ever gotten.
    A power rack is surprisingly one of the few pieces of equipment that I do not have in my garage gym. Its on my "wish list", but the available square footage has to be increased first. Currently, I am considering an addition to the garage (approx. another 400 sq ft) that would help immensely.

Here are pics of my garage gym:
    http://www.azironmine.com/2488/2728.html

Here is the current equipment list:
    - 6500 lbs. Olympic Weight - New and used
    - 1800 lbs. Standard 1" Iron Weight - New and used
    - Numerous Plate Trees and Racks - New and used
    - Fixed Plate Dumbells, Racked (5 lbs to 80 lbs in 5 lb increments) - New and used
    - Olympic Flat / Incline Bench - New
    - Olympic Leg Press / Hack Squat - New
    - Lat Pull Down / Lat Pulley Row / Tricep Press Down - New
    - Leg Extension / Leg Curl - New
    - Standing Preacher Curl Bench - Home built
    - Seated Preacher Curl Bench - Home built
    - Dipping Bars - New
    - Lat Row Bar (T-Bar) - Home built
    - Roman Chair - Home built
    - Olympic Shrug Bar (5') - New
    - Olympic Straight Bar (7' - 10ea) - New and used
    - Olympic Curl Bar (3ea) - New and used
    - Olympic Tricep Bar (1ea) - New
    - Standard Tricep Bar (2ea) - Used
    - Multiple Attachments for Lat Pull Down - New and used
    - Mirrors
    Last edited by AZIronMine; 03-05-2006 at 07:37 PM.

my name isn't diana Diana Meeque's Avatar
    Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by AZIronMine
    A power rack is surprisingly one of the few pieces of equipment that I do not have in my garage gym. Its on my "wish list", but the available square footage has to be increased first. Currently, I am considering an addition to the garage (approx. another 400 sq ft) that would help immensely.

Here pics of my garage gym:
    http://www.azironmine.com/2488/2728.html

Here the current equipment list:
    - 6500 lbs. Olympic Weight - New and used
    - 1800 lbs. Standard 1" Iron Weight - New and used
    - Numerous Plate Trees and Racks - New and used
    - Fixed Plate Dumbells, Racked (5 lbs to 80 lbs in 5 lb increments) - New and used
    - Olympic Flat / Incline Bench - New
    - Olympic Leg Press / Hack Squat - New
    - Lat Pull Down / Lat Pulley Row / Tricep Press Down - New
    - Leg Extension / Leg Curl - New
    - Standing Preacher Curl Bench - Home built
    - Seated Preacher Curl Bench - Home built
    - Dipping Bars - New
    - Lat Row Bar (T-Bar) - Home built
    - Roman Chair - Home built
    - Olympic Shrug Bar (5') - New
    - Olympic Straight Bar (7' - 10ea) - New and used
    - Olympic Curl Bar (3ea) - New and used
    - Olympic Tricep Bar (1ea) - New
    - Standard Tricep Bar (2ea) - Used
    - Multiple Attachments for Lat Pull Down - New and used
    - Mirrors
    how much did all that cost?
    501, 302, 551; 1354 @ 181
    Hoss' Gym utube: youtube.com/hoss3644
    Mai utube: youtube.com/caa916

AZIronMine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AZIronMine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by dynamik
    how much did all that cost?
    I'm not really sure. I've put together the AZ Iron Mine (my garage gym) over a period of about 35 yrs. Combination of new, used, and home built.

I find that if you are careful, do your research, and are patient, you can find some pretty good bargains for used weights and equipment. Similarly, if you wait it out and look for sales, you can pick up Olympic sets from big name retailers from about $99 to $105 new.

my name isn't diana Diana Meeque's Avatar
    Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by AZIronMine
    I'm not really sure. I've put together the AZ Iron Mine (my garage gym) over a period of about 35 yrs. Combination of new, used, and home built.

I find that if you are careful, do your research, and are patient, you can find some pretty good bargains for used weights and equipment. Similarly, if you wait it out and look for sales, you can pick up Olympic sets from big name retailers from about $99 to $105 new.
    yeah, thats what im trying to do now....get like a 300lb weight set and then hopefully a power rack after it, then a bench. then when i need to, buy some more plates
    501, 302, 551; 1354 @ 181
    Hoss' Gym utube: youtube.com/hoss3644
    Mai utube: youtube.com/caa916

Originally Posted by dynamik
    yeah, thats what im trying to do now....get like a 300lb weight set and then hopefully a power rack after it, then a bench. then when i need to, buy some more plates
    Right idea. Right approach. Best of luck.

Rocket is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocket is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocket is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocket is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocket is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocket is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocket is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocket is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocket is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocket is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocket is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    AZ Iron Mine

Great looking gym and a lot of room. I have a lot of equipment but it's in a small space, Very nice!
    "Chicks With Muscle Rule"

zootalors will become famous soon enough. (+50) zootalors will become famous soon enough. (+50) zootalors will become famous soon enough. (+50) zootalors will become famous soon enough. (+50) zootalors will become famous soon enough. (+50) zootalors will become famous soon enough. (+50) zootalors will become famous soon enough. (+50) zootalors will become famous soon enough. (+50) zootalors will become famous soon enough. (+50) zootalors will become famous soon enough. (+50) zootalors will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Here is the pit.
    Attached Images
    "I wouldnt belong to a club that would have me for a member" Groucho Marx

I would rather regret the things that I have done than the things that I have not.

Originally Posted by Rocket
    AZ Iron Mine

Great looking gym and a lot of room. I have a lot of equipment but it's in a small space, Very nice!
    Thanks Rocket ! Much appreciated.

Originally Posted by zootalors
    Here is the pit.
    Hey zootalors. Nice setup !

Rocket is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocket is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocket is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocket is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocket is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocket is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocket is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocket is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocket is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocket is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocket is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I like the pit!

Somewhere in the Motor. super D's Avatar
    super D has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up re: pics gym

Here is the pit.
    I have that dip station! pretty sturdy for 79.99

Nice roomy pit!

super d(motordetroit)
    {Key to communication}: "It has nutt'in to do with correct grammer an syntex, which are of no importance so long as one makes one's meaning clear." NOW CAN U "DIG DAT"

Super D
    Go Pistons!

Not what I use to be..... StrongEnough?'s Avatar
    StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by super D
    I have that dip station! pretty sturdy for 79.99

Nice roomy pit!

super d(motordetroit)
    Damn... $80... where did you get that from?

Somewhere in the Motor. super D's Avatar
    super D has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by StrongEnough?
    Damn... $80... where did you get that from?
    Got it from Dicks here in Michigan , just after the New Year, they were selling them for 79.99__ I've seen that brand at Dicks on sale more than once thru the year.

super d(motordetroit)
    {Key to communication}: "It has nutt'in to do with correct grammer an syntex, which are of no importance so long as one makes one's meaning clear." NOW CAN U "DIG DAT"

Super D
    Go Pistons!

dhartnet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dhartnet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dhartnet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dhartnet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dhartnet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dhartnet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dhartnet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dhartnet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dhartnet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dhartnet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dhartnet is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    zootalors, cool gym..

Where did you get that square Kettlebell looking thing?

Thats pretty cool !!

(Name reminds me of a Zappa Album, Zoot Alures)..

Dave
    --------
    http://www.raw-power.com/gym.htm

Originally Posted by dhartnet
    zootalors, cool gym..

Thats pretty cool !!

Dave
    --------
    http://www.raw-power.com/gym.htm
    I agree with Dave. Very cool Zootalors. Although, I have to point out that Dave's Gym is pretty spectacular as well

Dave's Gym http://www.azironmine.com/2488/5608.html

rm41400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rm41400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rm41400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rm41400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rm41400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rm41400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Love the natural light in that garage Dave!

zootalors will become famous soon enough. (+50) zootalors will become famous soon enough. (+50) zootalors will become famous soon enough. (+50) zootalors will become famous soon enough. (+50) zootalors will become famous soon enough. (+50) zootalors will become famous soon enough. (+50) zootalors will become famous soon enough. (+50) zootalors will become famous soon enough. (+50) zootalors will become famous soon enough. (+50) zootalors will become famous soon enough. (+50) zootalors will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by dhartnet
    zootalors, cool gym..

Thats pretty cool !!

Yes I took some poetic license with Zoot alures (big zappa fan).

The square brown thing is a fifty pound scale weight, (used to calibrate large truck scales etc.). My grandfather used it as an anvil for many years before I came across it.
    I find it good for dumbell rows etc.

I would rather regret the things that I have done than the things that I have not.

dhartnet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dhartnet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dhartnet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dhartnet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dhartnet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dhartnet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dhartnet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dhartnet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dhartnet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dhartnet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dhartnet is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Nice.. I'd like to find one of those truck weights one of these days!

And thanks for the props on my gym guys, nothing beats a stocked home gym! (Even picked up another 300 pound set from Dicks Sporting goods today.. $89.00, cant beat it)..

Originally Posted by rm41400
    Love the natural light in that garage Dave!
    Long as I am at it, here are some shots of RM41400's gym as well. Also a great setup like Dave's.

http://www.azironmine.com/2488/5869.html

Dave has a Great Gym!

Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Here are a few photos of my set up at home. Not overly complex, but enough to do the job.
    Only into this game for 4 months now, so haven't really accumulated much yet (unlike some of the pics I've seen in the thread so far)
    Bench w/ Rack (side)
    Bench w/ Rack
    Elliptical Cross Trainer
    Squat Rack
    Setup showing weights

On the to do/wish list:
    - More mirrors
    - More anatomical pictures (full color)
    - Stand for bike (to convert to stationary)
    - Pull down attachment
    Last edited by Short One; 03-13-2006 at 03:41 AM.
    Neglecting strength no more: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1000362
    youTube vids: http://youtube.com/profile?user=FitnessNut
    my iPhone apps: http://www.yianni-software.com/

The square brown thing is a fifty pound scale weight, (used to calibrate large truck scales etc.). My grandfather used it as an anvil for many years before I came across it.
    I find it good for dumbell rows etc.
    I hate to quote myself, but the scale weight also is a good pivot for t-bar rows.(If you turn it on its side)

mcdelio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcdelio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcdelio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcdelio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcdelio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcdelio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcdelio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcdelio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcdelio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcdelio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcdelio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Here are some of mine. I have been at it for about 3 years. Basically for health reasons but now because I enjoy it and I can
    Attached Images

Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by mcdelio
    Here are some of mine. I have been at it for about 3 years. Basically for health reasons but now because I enjoy it and I can
    Know the feeling.

Great work for only 3 years. Nice
    Neglecting strength no more: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1000362
    youTube vids: http://youtube.com/profile?user=FitnessNut
    my iPhone apps: http://www.yianni-software.com/

MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by mcdelio
    SWEET!!!
    DC-Best legs ever in the Pacific Northwest!!!! GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

mcdelio, Great looking set up.. lots of room !

Originally Posted by Rocket
    mcdelio, Great looking set up.. lots of room !
    I agree. Excellent setup mcdelio !

Ditto..

Awesome home gym !

----------------
    Dave's Home Gym
    http://azironmine.com/2488/5608.html

Demonseed is on a distinguished road. (+10) Demonseed is on a distinguished road. (+10) Demonseed is on a distinguished road. (+10) Demonseed is on a distinguished road. (+10) Demonseed is on a distinguished road. (+10) Demonseed is on a distinguished road. (+10) Demonseed is on a distinguished road. (+10) Demonseed is on a distinguished road. (+10) Demonseed is on a distinguished road. (+10) Demonseed is on a distinguished road. (+10) Demonseed is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    mcdelio
    Just wondering where did you got those white ....ez curl/ bar holders that are bolted to the wall?? you know for spotting with doing exercies etc??? I am after those or ones that are free standing. for ez curly bar or straight bar.

thx
    JIM
    Intensity + Diet=Progress

mcdelio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcdelio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcdelio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcdelio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcdelio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcdelio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcdelio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcdelio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcdelio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcdelio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcdelio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

EZ / Straight Bar Rack

Some of the accessories I have around are home made, I have a couple of good friends who do welding. He welded them up for me, he said it would hold quite a bit of weight but if I needed to he could put a brace on them. There is enough room for the ez-bar and a 5' straight bar
    I also posted some pics of some dumbell racks I had made up for my bench.
    They fit right inside the tubes and are adjustable for about 18". My friend told me they should hold 100 pounds or better. I have another set being made right now (there probably done) to mount on my smith-machine.

They do have them on the market for hex dumbells but I don't have hex dumbells and of course mine were half the cost.

Oh, I just wanted to say that I feel lucky for where I live and no this is not an ad but I am like 30 minutes away from New York Barbells (Elmira NY) what a candy store.

Thanks for all the kind comments on the gym. I was told by a neighbor that it's nice to have the equipment if it's used. In other words do I collect equipment just to have it or do I use it. Believe me I use it.
    I doesn't really matter what you have or can afford, it's how you use what you have.
    Thanks
    Attached Images

Closed Thread