Closed Thread
Page 104 of 267 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 154 204 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,120 of 8008
    www.mutantfitness.com buffbrown21's Avatar
    buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by srgess View Post
    There my home setup picture, i was just wondering what i could get more, maybe a fitness ball for ab and kettlebelt ?
    Maybe something to use for your legs....Im not seeing a power rack/squat rack....no leg press or hack squat....hmmm. Plenty of upper body stuff though.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member #14

www.ShankAZombie.com

srgess has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) srgess has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) srgess has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) srgess has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) srgess has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) srgess has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) srgess has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) srgess has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) srgess has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) srgess has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) srgess has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by buffbrown21 View Post
    Maybe something to use for your legs....Im not seeing a power rack/squat rack....no leg press or hack squat....hmmm. Plenty of upper body stuff though.
    My bench press have a rack squat behind when i work my leg i train my bench press forward and i have a leg extention on my multi station. I do also deadlift and Dumbbell squat and a lots of road cycling. But if i had the room i would get a leg press machine.

fitizen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitizen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitizen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitizen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitizen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitizen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitizen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitizen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitizen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitizen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitizen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've been lifting at school for football for two years now, and I wanted to train at home over the summer, so I saved up and bought a CAP 300 pound weight set from Academy, a CAP 300 pound limit flat bench from Academy, a PowerLine PPR200X power rack from Amazon, and some cheap exercise mats from Academy. In total, I think it all cost about $750... that was a lot of allowance.

http://yfrog.com/03dscn1148vj

I just wanted to know what you guys thought of it all, I can tell the CAP bench is crap, but what about the rest?

extremez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) extremez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) extremez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) extremez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) extremez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) extremez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) extremez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) extremez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) extremez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) extremez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) extremez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by fitizen View Post
    I just wanted to know what you guys thought of it all
    all that matters is that you use it.

fitizen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitizen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitizen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitizen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitizen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitizen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitizen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitizen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitizen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitizen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitizen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by extremez View Post
    all that matters is that you use it.
    Hell yeah I'm going to use it, I don't save up that kind of money for nothing. I'm on Rippetoe's right now.

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've been lifting at school for football for two years now, and I wanted to train at home over the summer, so I saved up and bought a CAP 300 pound weight set from Academy, a CAP 300 pound limit flat bench from Academy, a PowerLine PPR200X power rack from Amazon, and some cheap exercise mats from Academy. In total, I think it all cost about $750... that was a lot of allowance.

I just wanted to know what you guys thought of it all, I can tell the CAP bench is crap, but what about the rest?

extremez is correct, just use it.

All in all you may have spent a bit more than necessary, but you got a power cage and a set of weights. The power cage you got is owned by several members here and its just fine (I have one at work, so I've used one). Weights are a personal thing, but in general they're just weight!. There isn't anything wrong with your bench either. Sure there are better ones out there and you'll probably want an FID eventually, but what you have will work fine for now. Just start looking on Craigslist and reading here (when you're not reading ripptoe and lifting) and you'll find something nice that'll be an upgrade for you.

Anyway, you're young, so the equipment you have right now will last you a long time (I think one of the guys that uses that rack on here is almost 40.....). You have better equipment right now than most of your peers and probably about 99% of what the 30 and 40 somethings on here (myself included) started with.

Good luck.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Originally Posted by Keetman View Post
    You have better equipment right now than most of your peers and probably about 99% of what the 30 and 40 somethings on here (myself included) started with.
    Sweet! I'm pretty dedicated in getting stronger/bigger. And that last sentence just serves as more motivation, I can't wait for the next lifting day, haha.

otiskii will become famous soon enough. (+50) otiskii will become famous soon enough. (+50) otiskii will become famous soon enough. (+50) otiskii will become famous soon enough. (+50) otiskii will become famous soon enough. (+50) otiskii will become famous soon enough. (+50) otiskii will become famous soon enough. (+50) otiskii will become famous soon enough. (+50) otiskii will become famous soon enough. (+50) otiskii will become famous soon enough. (+50) otiskii will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I supposedly have bought a used powerline that I hope to pick up Monday. I'll be using a flat bench too although since I weigh over 300.....well, I'm getting a heavier bench than yours. I have 2 FIDs with all osrts of attachments and never use them. If you do something like a 5x5 that I do what you have is perfect.

Ruffymaster3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ruffymaster3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ruffymaster3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ruffymaster3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ruffymaster3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ruffymaster3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ruffymaster3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ruffymaster3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ruffymaster3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ruffymaster3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ruffymaster3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Heres my garage gym that I've put together in the past 4 months. Just recieved my rack on Thursday and finally got the wobble out today after loosening/re-tightening all of the bolts.

My wife also stopped into the Ironmaster showroom on Wednesday (gotta love her) and picked up the Superbench, Crunch attachment, Calf Block, and Roller Pad Covers. Matt gave us a pretty awesome deal where we ended up paying $332 out the door. Saved us a pretty good deal by picking up, but Matt also hooked us up with a nice discount.

As you walk into the garage from the house, looking around counter clockwise...

-Eliptical
    -Treadmill
    -Trap Bar
    -Mini-fridge/SB attachments (behind trap bar)
    -Powertec Rack
    -Superbench
    -Hex DB Set 10-50lb

Continued below...
    Attached Images

Ruffymaster3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ruffymaster3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ruffymaster3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ruffymaster3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ruffymaster3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ruffymaster3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ruffymaster3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ruffymaster3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ruffymaster3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ruffymaster3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ruffymaster3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Otherside of the room...

-Nautilus FID Bench w/ Leg Curl
    -Plate Tree w/ 355lb Rubber Body Solid Set and 205lb Nautilus Set
    -2 Curl Bars, Tricep Bar
    -Weider... ... Power Tower
    - 48in Sony TV...Got this for free as my friend was going to throw it out. Have it posted on Craigslist now and will mount a Flat Screen in its place.
    -Powertec Lat Machine
    - Miscellaneous Wall mirrors, Interlocking floor mats from Costco (cheap but does the trick), Red Paint from Home Depot.

All in all, gym has cost roughly $2300ish after some craigslist sales. Feel pretty good about it as it should save us a lot in the long run from gym/gas costs.

Still looking for a leg press/hack squat to replace the power tower as well as some posters to liven up some of the white walls. Any other recommendations/comments?
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Ruffymaster3; 07-11-2010 at 10:23 PM.

BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ruffymaster3 View Post
    heres my garage gym that i've put together in the past 4 months. Just recieved my rack on thursday and finally got the wobble out today after loosening/re-tightening all of the bolts.

My wife also stopped into the ironmaster showroom on wednesday (gotta love her) and picked up the superbench, crunch attachment, calf block, and roller pad covers. Matt gave us a pretty awesome deal where we ended up paying $332 out the door. Saved us a pretty good deal by picking up, but matt also hooked us up with a nice discount.

As you walk into the garage from the house, looking around counter clockwise...

-eliptical
    -treadmill
    -trap bar
    -mini-fridge/sb attachments (behind trap bar)
    -powertec rack
    -superbench
    -hex db set 10-50lb

continued below...
    great setup !

kene4466 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kene4466 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kene4466 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kene4466 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kene4466 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kene4466 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kene4466 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kene4466 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kene4466 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kene4466 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kene4466 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Update on my little gym, added
    Parabody Lat Tower with 4 attachments for 125.00 off craigslist
    300 lb weight set at dicks up to total of (600 lb) for 100.00 had few coupons
    dip station out of pvc 20.00
    dip belt 3.00 for the duct tape
    Ironmaster bench with leg extention on the way combo deal 320.00

Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by kene4466 View Post
    Update on my little gym, added
    Parabody Lat Tower with 4 attachments for 125.00 off craigslist
    300 lb weight set at dicks up to total of (600 lb) for 100.00 had few coupons
    dip station out of pvc 20.00
    dip belt 3.00 for the duct tape
    Ironmaster bench with leg extention on the way combo deal 320.00
    Is that a dip stand out of the pvc? Nice!

kene4466 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kene4466 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kene4466 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kene4466 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kene4466 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kene4466 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kene4466 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kene4466 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kene4466 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kene4466 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kene4466 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Mitrovski View Post
    Is that a dip stand out of the pvc? Nice!

yes I had some 2" pipe laying around so all I had to do is buy 6 Ts and 8 elbows or something

vgalvan18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vgalvan18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vgalvan18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vgalvan18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vgalvan18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vgalvan18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vgalvan18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vgalvan18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vgalvan18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vgalvan18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vgalvan18 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Got sick of using the school's gay gym so:
    Parabody Power Rack w/ Homemade Weight Storage

IM Super Bench and Cheap Rack of Craigslist

IM Dumbbells

Leg Ext/Leg Curl
    "Excuses are fine by me because that makes it easier (for me) to get to the top." Even-Esh

wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Nice gym vgalvan18. How exactly did you do the weight storage? I think it's a good use of space that normally you can't put anything in.

STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by wolfdragon View Post
    Nice gym vgalvan18. How exactly did you do the weight storage? I think it's a good use of space that normally you can't put anything in.
    Agree I'm interested as well. I got a free Body Solid pec deck that is broken but it has a 200 LB stack and I'm wondering what to use the stack for. I figured I could do something with it

wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by STR8OUT View Post
    Agree I'm interested as well. I got a free Body Solid pec deck that is broken but it has a 200 LB stack and I'm wondering what to use the stack for. I figured I could do something with it
    Belt Squat?? http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...ght=belt+squat
    Although you might need more weight.

vgalvan18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vgalvan18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vgalvan18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vgalvan18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vgalvan18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vgalvan18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vgalvan18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vgalvan18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vgalvan18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vgalvan18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vgalvan18 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by wolfdragon View Post
    Might be kind of hard to explain. Was easy to make tho. Just screwed 2-3' 2x4's into a 2' one on each side. Then put a 1' 2x4 every 6" or so to rest the plates on. Cost me about $24 for both.
    "Excuses are fine by me because that makes it easier (for me) to get to the top." Even-Esh

smcleod90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smcleod90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smcleod90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smcleod90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smcleod90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smcleod90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smcleod90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smcleod90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smcleod90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smcleod90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smcleod90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

time to start saving for another bench, im sure you will out grow yours very soon

good job on saving though
    Follow me on instagram mcleod209

Originally Posted by smcleod90 View Post
    time to start saving for another bench, im sure you will out grow yours very soon

good job on saving though
    I agree, since I weigh about 145 and can bench more than the weight limit allows. Do you guys suggest an FID, or another flat one? Any in particular?
    And thanks, haha. Took a while.

smcleod90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smcleod90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smcleod90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smcleod90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smcleod90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smcleod90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smcleod90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smcleod90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smcleod90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smcleod90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smcleod90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I agree, since I weigh about 145 and can bench more than the weight limit allows. Do you guys suggest an FID, or another flat one? Any in particular?
    And thanks, haha. Took a while.
    a lot of people on here like the ironmaster super bench it is a FID, i prefer a regular bench to bench on then different one for incline presses. but since money is tight with you i would suggest the ironmasters one
    Follow me on instagram mcleod209

Trauma5951 is just really nice. (+1000) Trauma5951 is just really nice. (+1000) Trauma5951 is just really nice. (+1000) Trauma5951 is just really nice. (+1000) Trauma5951 is just really nice. (+1000) Trauma5951 is just really nice. (+1000) Trauma5951 is just really nice. (+1000) Trauma5951 is just really nice. (+1000) Trauma5951 is just really nice. (+1000) Trauma5951 is just really nice. (+1000) Trauma5951 is just really nice. (+1000)
    This is the gym at my firehouse where i lift 4 days a week. Our firehouse was built 4 years ago.

We have everything you could need its a great little gym. The only thing that sucks is if we get a run, we have to go and it ruins a good workout every so often but usually don't have problems.

Nice thing is I usually have the place to myself or its me and one maybe two other guys.

I just wish we had a real squat rack instead of the combo bench/squat/deadlift thing.

---- I rep back ----- (500+)

Trauma5951 is just really nice. (+1000) Trauma5951 is just really nice. (+1000) Trauma5951 is just really nice. (+1000) Trauma5951 is just really nice. (+1000) Trauma5951 is just really nice. (+1000) Trauma5951 is just really nice. (+1000) Trauma5951 is just really nice. (+1000) Trauma5951 is just really nice. (+1000) Trauma5951 is just really nice. (+1000) Trauma5951 is just really nice. (+1000) Trauma5951 is just really nice. (+1000)

Ectopump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ectopump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ectopump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ectopump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ectopump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ectopump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ectopump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ectopump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ectopump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ectopump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ectopump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    That's a nice gym. How heavy do the dumbbells go up to?

Originally Posted by Ectopump View Post
    That's a nice gym. How heavy do the dumbbells go up to?

I believe 150.

Gym contents are

All cybex brand
    IGX plates

Two flat screens with full cable
    Two treadmills
    Two bikes
    Stepmill

Dumbbells 5 to 150
    Squat/bench/deadlift rack
    Leg press
    Calf press
    Incline fly
    Flat fly
    Machine preacher curl
    3 olympic bars
    Preacher curl
    Ez curl bar
    Shorter olympic bar I think 25 lb
    Captains chair
    Assorted kettlebells
    Assorted med balls
    Giant tire
    Giant rope
    Weighted jump rope
    Assorted inflatable balls
    Boxing gloves/mits/vesr
    Various benches flat/incline/decline
    Cable towers with usual stuff.
    Adjustable box jump thing
    Pec dec

Really nothing more you need unless your some guy who uses those crazy specific machines.

www.mutantfitness.com buffbrown21's Avatar
    buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Trauma5951 View Post
    I believe 150.

Gym contents are

All cybex brand
    IGX plates

Two flat screens with full cable
    Two treadmills
    Two bikes
    Stepmill

Dumbbells 5 to 150
    Squat/bench/deadlift rack
    Leg press
    Calf press
    Incline fly
    Flat fly
    Machine preacher curl
    3 olympic bars
    Preacher curl
    Ez curl bar
    Shorter olympic bar I think 25 lb
    Captains chair
    Assorted kettlebells
    Assorted med balls
    Giant tire
    Giant rope
    Weighted jump rope
    Assorted inflatable balls
    Boxing gloves/mits/vesr
    Various benches flat/incline/decline
    Cable towers with usual stuff.
    Adjustable box jump thing
    Pec dec

Really nothing more you need unless your some guy who uses those crazy specific machines.
    JEEEZ man, I have never seen ANY work related gym look as nice as this one. And with heavy dumbbells, kettlebells and other things not normally seen.
    Example: I work in law enforcement and these guys at a fire department in a neighboring county were bragging about their gym. So, I got excited and asked to check it out.

Well, Im glad these guys had something and were proud of it. But the bottom line was, they had like 3 pieces of equipment, all about 20 years old, an old beat up treadmill that the monitor didnt work on and a power tower that they said nobody ever used (which was the most useful piece in there if you ask me). All of this was in a space about 12 ft x 12 ft and really cramped.

No dumbbells, only one old ****ty bar, everything looked like it had been to hell and back, etc.

Again, Im glad they have SOMETHING and people can still do some work in there. But the way they talked about it, I expected something a little closer to what you showed.

So, be appreciative of that nice space that you have and use the hell out of it!!
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member #14

www.ShankAZombie.com

JEEEZ man, I have never seen ANY work related gym look as nice as this one. And with heavy dumbbells, kettlebells and other things not normally seen.
    Example: I work in law enforcement and these guys at a fire department in a neighboring county were bragging about their gym. So, I got excited and asked to check it out.

Well, Im glad these guys had something and were proud of it. But the bottom line was, they had like 3 pieces of equipment, all about 20 years old, an old beat up treadmill that the monitor didnt work on and a power tower that they said nobody ever used (which was the most useful piece in there if you ask me). All of this was in a space about 12 ft x 12 ft and really cramped.

No dumbbells, only one old ****ty bar, everything looked like it had been to hell and back, etc.

Again, Im glad they have SOMETHING and people can still do some work in there. But the way they talked about it, I expected something a little closer to what you showed.

So, be appreciative of that nice space that you have and use the hell out of it!!
    Thats what we used to have 4 years ago until we got this new building. Someone i guess thought the gym was a necessary part of the firehouse, which it should be. More people need to utilize it though. We have 140+ members but like 10 use the gym aside from sitting on a bike for 45 minutes a week.

They also employed a personal trainer who hangs out in there monday-thursday from 3-8. Hes the reason we got all the kettlebells/big tire and stuff. He likes functional stuff. Still, no one uses the gym.

an old beat up treadmill that the monitor didnt work !!
    Tell them to replace the batteries. I got one from a friend for free because the display didn't work. Replaced the batteries and it works fine.

Trauma5951 awesome work gym. I can't believe you have a PT also.

yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Trauma5951 View Post
    Thats what we used to have 4 years ago until we got this new building. Someone i guess thought the gym was a necessary part of the firehouse, which it should be. More people need to utilize it though. We have 140+ members but like 10 use the gym aside from sitting on a bike for 45 minutes a week.

They also employed a personal trainer who hangs out in there monday-thursday from 3-8. Hes the reason we got all the kettlebells/big tire and stuff. He likes functional stuff. Still, no one uses the gym.
    The first question I had when I saw those pics was "Did the taxpayers foot the bill for all this?" Not slamming firefighters or police, I respect and admire what they do. But, that looks like a lot of money for the local taxpayer to be paying for a private gym they can't use.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.19

Proud Owner of an Irish Tan

Closed Thread
Page 104 of 267 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 154 204 ... LastLast