Jorisd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jorisd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

9-12 exercises for 4 day split??? plz reply guys!

Hey,

im going to train a 4-day split

chest tris
    back bis
    legs
    shoulders

with abs being tossed in.

someone told me to do between 9 and 12 exercises for each muscle group. That seems to be far tooooo much !!!

what do the other guys suggest me? (i want mass)

(im 18, train 1,5 years, ectomorph)

Strength Enthusiast Retardo-pex's Avatar
    Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000)
    whats your body type? If your an ectomorph like me i'd say that way too much. I only do like 9-12 sets per bodypart...maybe if you only did one set per excersize but 9-12 different excersizes is major overkill and will most liekly be counter productive. You'd be at the gym for like 3 hours if you were doin 2 bodyparts a day. I'd stick with 3-6 excersizes per part, whatever your body responds to the best.

Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Cool

I responded to this post a few days ago.. I'm sure I said sets not excerises..

Jorisd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jorisd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

pyramide training for 4 day split? what's HIT?

hey Big H (or what's your name?)

Im sorry i think you are right. I read something different. sorry

So doing 3 exercises for each bodypart is ok. Maybe its a good idea to do pyramide training. So i start with a weight which i can lift between 5 or 10, and lets say i lift it 7 times then i reduce the weight so i can ligt it about 7 times again?? and so on....

But doing for each exercise pyramide training, is that good or too much for my body???

By the way, what is 'HIT' ???

Thanks for responind, i love this forum!!!

greetingzzz

Joris

labouche is on a distinguished road. (+10) labouche is on a distinguished road. (+10) labouche is on a distinguished road. (+10) labouche is on a distinguished road. (+10) labouche is on a distinguished road. (+10) labouche is on a distinguished road. (+10) labouche is on a distinguished road. (+10) labouche is on a distinguished road. (+10) labouche is on a distinguished road. (+10) labouche is on a distinguished road. (+10) labouche is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Exclamation

Do no use the pyramid technique as a method of performing sets. i would use it to warmup though(warmup means warmup-not fatigue-3to5 sets) once your muscle is ready from that point on you lift your max weight for the predetermined number of reps and sets. i would suggest 6-9 sets for the large bodyparts and 4-6 for the smaller ones(in general) just make sure youre training with intensity and that your chugging your postworkout shake in about an hour.
    "...but fools despise wisdom and discipline."

Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Cool

I am pyramiding DOWN right now.. i do a set which i can get around 6-8, than 4-6, than 2-4 in bench.. in biceps, where you want to hit around 8 reps, i shoot for 8..