MadDash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MadDash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MadDash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MadDash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MadDash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MadDash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MadDash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MadDash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MadDash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MadDash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MadDash has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Question Chest Exercises - The right and wrong way

Being a fan of bodybuilding.com i search the site regularly trying to soak up as much information as i can and also to learn something new to imrpove my workouts.

I read conflicting information about the chest, in one video a certain bodybuilder (cant remember his name) says that it is better to have lower weights and then up the reps. And then i see another person saying to do 5 reps at a larger weight.

Is this one of those times where everybody is different, and differnet people benefit from other workout techniques?

OR

Is there a right and wrong way to go about building your chest??

Any reply would be great!
    "Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated."

Cybernetic Periodization KhanPaulsen's Avatar
    KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by MadDash
    Being a fan of bodybuilding.com i search the site regularly trying to soak up as much information as i can and also to learn something new to imrpove my workouts.

I read conflicting information about the chest, in one video a certain bodybuilder (cant remember his name) says that it is better to have lower weights and then up the reps. And then i see another person saying to do 5 reps at a larger weight.

Is this one of those times where everybody is different, and differnet people benefit from other workout techniques?

OR

Is there a right and wrong way to go about building your chest??

Any reply would be great!
    The reps a person uses is totally up to them.

The vanguards of chest training are:

1) Mind-muscle connection. The chest is not a muscle that can be isolated, every movement involves help from other muscles, and this can detract from the chest getting the work. Make sure you make your chest feel every rep, and squeeze at the end.

2) Control the negative! The chest receives a lot more tension during the negative.

3) Make your form perfect, do not sacrifice it to get the weight up, as that will almost guaranteed take away from the chest doing the work.
    NSCA-CPT.

llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Big bump on muscle-mind. My triceps tend to die out fairly quickly, but I've remedied it with focusing my mind entirely on what I feel in my chest, and ignoring my triceps. I focus on feeling my upper arms being pulled up by my chest muscles, not my triceps pushing up, or in a sense I imagine I'm doing a fly. It sounds goofy but once you master it, it's a priceless tool.
    Kill one man and you are a murderer. Kill a million and you are a conquerer. Kill them all and you are God

If you train hard, you'll not only be hard, you'll be hard to beat.