Closed Thread
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Baby Huey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Baby Huey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Baby Huey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Baby Huey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Baby Huey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Baby Huey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Baby Huey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Baby Huey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Baby Huey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Baby Huey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Baby Huey is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by thewrestler14
    I just got an order of 5 pounds of whey protein concentrate from protein factory, I must say the service was better than usual, I ordered it on friday and it came today, tuesday, and they didn't mess up the order as far as I know.
    Probably came so quick because it was the only order they have received recently!
    "It ain't where ya' from, it's where ya' at." - Eric B & Rakim

Baby Huey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Baby Huey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Baby Huey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Baby Huey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Baby Huey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Baby Huey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Baby Huey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Baby Huey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Baby Huey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Baby Huey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Baby Huey is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by Monte Cristo
    "And about the parked domain thing. I don't know what that's about."

What that is about is how do you know
    about the company when the link listed
    contains nothing informative except the
    domain name?

Why wouldn't you think there would be
    suspicions when you suddenly appear
    under the name Protein Man and start
    touting another protein company while
    PF is having problems.
    I'm sorry, but if you read his original post, it sounds like pure spam. It's nice to know that this "alternative" already seems just as shady as all the other supplement companies. "Check out these prices!!!!" "For a limited time only!" And you have no relationship to this company? BULL****! I distrust this place more than PF already, and I don't trust them at all anymore. This is a bad way to introduce the business, Protein Spammer Man.

If you're not involved with this company, where the hell did you get all this information? All of your subsequent posts in response to this question just laugh off the question, but never actually answer it.
    Last edited by Baby Huey; 10-22-2002 at 02:21 PM.

Jay Scott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Baby Huey
    Probably came so quick because it was the only order they have received recently!
    Such harsh reality... YIKES~!!!
    It is on booee!

Protein Man has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

I told the truth.

Look, I just relayed the info as it came to me, just like 1fast did with his lab assays on PF.

You know, people can know about things and not be affiliated (financially) with whatever they know about.

I know a lot about training athletes, biochem, etc.. doesn't mean that I'm affiliated with a bunch of training facilities, coaches, biochemists, etc...

I just Private messaged you Baby Huey. I hope it answers your question.

Jay Scott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Baby Huey
    I'm sorry, but if you read his original post, it sounds like pure spam. It's nice to know that this "alternative" already seems just as shady as all the other supplement companies. "Check out these prices!!!!" "For a limited time only!" And you have no relationship to this company? BULL****! I distrust this place more than PF already, and I don't trust them at all anymore. This is a bad way to introduce the business, Protein Spammer Man.

If you're not involved with this company, where the hell did you get all this information? All of your subsequent posts in response to this question just laugh off the question, but never actually answer it.
    You know what .. And I agree with you bud,
    "for a limited time only" ??

Now that I read that, there is NO WAY this guys has NOTHING to do with this company.. Think about it, would any of you ever say that ?

Go to 1fast400's website, where you can get 1-test at 3 bucks per gram! But this is only for a limited time! SO hurry,

............purchase not necesary, valid only in the U.S. and Mexico prices do not include shipping and handling..... lol

You guys know I have nothing to do with 1fast400, AND IT STILL SOUNDS BAD!!!

Jay
    It is on booee!

Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Protein Man

Take it with a grain of salt. As long as you have posts that have nothing to do with this company people will never suspect you.
    "Building muscle is a science, and as such must have conclusions brought through by scientific, technical, methodical, and exact means...not by hearsay, gossip, and unfounded information. " - Younggunz
    "This is a matter of science -- your feelings mean **** all." -Par
    "You are my bitch." - BigCat

I do have have other things to talk about .

I think that the way 1fast conducted the whole "testing" thing was wrong. Now he has papers coming to him . That's not good.
    Why do you think supplement companies don't do that to each other? Because it is not cost effective.

I am pretty good friends with the former Biochemist for Champion (no financial affiliation by the way) and he now works for Fitness Enterprise I think, and he was informing me that the way 1fast conducted the test was not the right way ,totally uncontrolled.
    He should have spoken with Alex first and had another sample sent out to him. Just to be sure.

Look , what I think 1fast tried to do was rather noble. You know, consumer watchdog sort of stuff, but I had to spend a lot of money defending myself against muscletech because of an article I wrote about Cell-Tech and I wasn't even bashing the product, just stating the facts about the product and at the end giving my opinion that it seemed a bit overpriced for the claims they were making. I tried to be a watchdog and I spent 10,000 dollars at least . Definitely not cost effective for me.

So now you know why supplement companies don't do this mudslinging as much in the past. It becomes all for nothing.

In the end , the company keeps on promoting, marketing, misleading customers with outrageous claims and the other guy keeps on doing what he is doing.

In case you all want to know my identity: My name is Eddie Molina and I am owner of www.********.net .

Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Re: I do have have other things to talk about .

Originally posted by Protein Man

He should have spoken with Alex first and had another sample sent out to him. Just to be sure.

This would be the "wrong" way to go about it as well. How would it be random if it was specifically made for him to test?
    "Building muscle is a science, and as such must have conclusions brought through by scientific, technical, methodical, and exact means...not by hearsay, gossip, and unfounded information. " - Younggunz

No win situation

It seems like a no win situation on PF's part.
    How do we know anything? Who do we trust?
    How was the test REALLY done? I don't know.
    But we choose who we want to believe period whether it is right or wrong.

Re: I told the truth.

Originally posted by Protein Man
    Look, I just relayed the info as it came to me, just like 1fast did with his lab assays on PF.

You know, people can know about things and not be affiliated (financially) with whatever they know about.

I know a lot about training athletes, biochem, etc.. doesn't mean that I'm affiliated with a bunch of training facilities, coaches, biochemists, etc...

I just Private messaged you Baby Huey. I hope it answers your question.
    I received your PM. I would suggest you post that info. on this thread so that others can read it. If I'm wrong, then I apologize, but if you reread your original post, I think you can see why I said that.

This is why I know. Here is my PM to Baby Huey

I'm on the owners mailing list and he
    sent a teaser out, I am on the list because he has
    been custom running formulas for some pro athletes and
    decided to mention to his contacts that this would become a
    full time business.

That's all. When the owner decides to post ask him.

There is where my "affiliation" lies. I have nothing to gain from his business venture. In fact , if you think about it, it will probably take business from me.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is the last I want to talk about this. No more posts about the PF type company.

In fact he's actually pissed off at me for leaking the info out.
    It was not my place to do so.

brooklyn mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brooklyn mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brooklyn mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brooklyn mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brooklyn mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brooklyn mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brooklyn mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brooklyn mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brooklyn mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brooklyn mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brooklyn mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    protein man when is the site gonna be up...
    mike

Don't know for certain.

Mike, don't know really. I'll probably find out when it does go up like everyone else. When the owner posts and says that things are up.
    I've been checking today but nothing.
    Email me so I can send you any emails I get from him.

1fast400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1fast400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1fast400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1fast400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1fast400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1fast400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1fast400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1fast400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1fast400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1fast400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1fast400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How was the test REALLY done?

You know.....people like you really annoy me. I've gone to great links to try to help people out and you start posting in this thread out of nowhere. What do you mean how was this test really done? The sample was sent by Tony1 who is the biggest supporter of PF product. It was sent to a lab and tested. What do you mean...how was it REALLY done....unreal
    Questions? Email me at My65cuda@aol.com

DON'T PM ME

Calm down

Not questioning whether you are lying or not.
    Just trying to make a point that people choose whom they want to believe.
    I don't know you , I don't know Alex at PF either.
    How can I defend anyone that I don't know.
    Look, what you tried do or did was noble. You want to make everyone out there honest . That is cool.
    I have no ill feelings towards you or feel you are unethical. You felt it was the right thing to do and you did it.

brooklyn mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brooklyn mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brooklyn mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brooklyn mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brooklyn mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brooklyn mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brooklyn mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brooklyn mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brooklyn mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brooklyn mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brooklyn mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    who cares if its illegal...
    mike

Howie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Eddie, you spent 10,000 dollars defending yourself against
    Muscletech? Are you kidding?
    Last edited by Howie; 10-22-2002 at 07:48 PM.

Originally posted by Howie
    What papers are going to Mike? Does Alex intend to sue Mike?

Eddie, you spent 10,000 dollars defending yourself against
    Muscletech? Are you kidding?
    10,000 dollars? Hahaha, we bash Muscletech everyday here for FREE!! LOL

Not kidding.

No,
    I am not kidding. 10,000 dollars is nothing to laugh about or kid about.
    I tried to look out for my customers and everyone else out there who buys supplements and look what happened.

One thing my attorney told me and also Tim Patterson from Biotest, the freedom of speech can not protect you from a lawsuit, and the law is fair if both sides have = money.

Harsh...

very concerned w/ mTOR's An Inconvenient Bro's Avatar
    An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Protein Man

I need to express my massive disappointment in the original post from Eddie Molina. A few days back I had sent a quick email to my list of athletes and strength coaches I am working with in confidence (the subject was titled “CONFIDENTIAL” so I do not see any room for confusion) explaining my latest project which is currently 4.5 months in the making and due to open in a day or two. This project was going to be the new frontier in protein availability, top level flavoring systems, and yes definitely the lowest pricing along with the ability for the customer to order custom blends, but now unfortunately I find it challenged before it’s even open.

I returned today from work to find a note from my assistant regarding this post in the forum. First I would like to point out that this (and any other forum) will not be a place I or my employees hang out to promote the website. Personally I find that to be unethical and quite unfair to the businesses who own these forums and choose to respect that. Any correspondence regarding my business or questions you may have on the proteins I carry can please be directed to my email which will be on the upcoming website.

As I said I am posting here to express my dismay at the way Mr. Molina has handled the confidential email I had sent to my list as a teaser for the upcoming project. I feel as if I have been working for over 4 months to bring the best protein company anywhere to life, integrate it with the lowest prices anyone has ever seen to help offset the current economy we are all dealing with, and now I find the integrity of my business has been undermined before it’s even open.

To be clear, Mr. Eddie Molina has no equity in my company nor is he an employee of Protein Customizer in any way. The company is myself only as owner and my employees are all close relatives. I just find it better this way.

I do not know why he posted the info, it is very disappointing to me and my only explanation for his post can simply be that some people like to be the one with the “exclusive info” and feel the need to report it first.

Best Regards,
    David Rosland

dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Customizer aka. David Roseland

Thank you for coming here and setting the record straight. Your open presentation of the facts is appreciated, especially since quite a few new businessmen have been overly hostile when dealing with this board.

The company sounds interesting and your timing couldn't be better. Good luck.

TheIronSpud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    BUMP on what Dio said. I have a lot of respect for what you have written here Mr. Rosland.
    That's it.

Monte Cristo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Protein Man wrote:

".. Look , what I think 1fast tried to do was rather noble. You know, consumer watchdog sort of stuff, but I had to spend a lot of money defending myself against muscletech because of an article I wrote about Cell-Tech and I wasn't even bashing the product, just stating the facts about the product and at the end giving my opinion that it seemed a bit overpriced for the claims they were making. I tried to be a watchdog and I spent 10,000 dollars at least . Definitely not cost effective for me..."

On your store site you wrote a Supplement Review prefaced with"

If a product is good he’ll tell you, if it sucks, don’t worry he’ll still tell you.

We look to the almighty supplement God for guidance as to what works, what’s a waste of money, and products you should run away from in a heartbeat.

You wrote:

"...1) Hydroxy-Cut from MuscleTech. This fat burner from MuscleTech is probably their best selling product period. Hell, with 6 page advertisements in practically every fitness magazine no wonder it sells like crazy. Now, so what’s in it that makes it sell so much?...

"...People save your money, but there is one advantage to using this product. If you are sensitive to heavy doses of stimulants, then this is the perfect supplement for you. Why? Because this is a very watered down ECA stack with one capsule providing only 5mg of ephedrine and 50mg of caffeine."

It seems to me you are still are trying to be a "watchdog", on
    MuscleTech, no less, and at the same time trying to discourage someone else from doing so.

MuscleTech's Hydroxycut and ISS Research's Pro Powerpad
    http://www.********.net/mushydandiss.html

Never discourage one from telling the truth.

I will never discourage someone from telling the truth.
    What I am saying is that I have learned that there are consequences sometimes and that 1fast and anybody out there who is trying to protect all of you just needs to know it .
    I don't regret what I have done and yes, I do have the Hydroxcut product review up because they never addressed that particular review ever.
    My Article on Cell -Tech was a bit more thorough to say the least and that article was very , very , influential and it was detouring people from buying their product. It was posted on an online magazine I had called rippedmagazine. It had an extensive mailing list and got lots of traffic.
    But, I have no regrets, just sharing my experience. Now, with the help of my lawyer I am protected with whatever I write and now I know that if I want to do something to check with him first so that I can go about it in a correct way without bringing a lot of heat on myself and biz.

Registered User Phil Caravaggio's Avatar
    Phil Caravaggio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    (first posted at misc.fitness.weights)

This whole situation is extremely unfortunate, IMHO.

While this assay was clearly performed with the best interests of the customer in mind, I think it was inappropriate to go public with a single lab result. Why? Because many people will inevitably interpret it as conclusive scientific proof that PF products are ****, that they are scammers, etc -- which it most certainly is not. I don't doubt the result itself or the credibility of the lab as much as the statistical significance of the result, and the manner in which the sample was collected.

Certainly, Alex could have handled the situation better, but I sincerely hope people give him the benefit of the doubt. The reputation of the company (and in turn the company itself) is at stake, people are flaming him, customers are dredging up old complaints, and so forth. All of this is hitting him at once, and I'm sure the guy is stressed out and losing his cool. I'm not making excuses for him, just adding what I think needs to be said.

By all accounts, Mike McCandless is a good guy with good intentions, and he is certainly doing customers a great service by offering to assay products out of his own pocket. But he can't simply wash his hands of this and say, "I'm just presenting the facts as they come to me." Yes, this particular sample has more carbs and less protein than it should. Fact. Nothing more, nothing less.

However, the "fact" that this is a systemic problem has obviously not been established by this one assay. But post it on a website and a few message boards (where virtually all PF's customers dwell), and it is sure to be misinterpreted and blown out of proportion, possibly causing irreparable damage to the company in question. McCandless must have known that this would happen, and now he has to take responsibility for his actions. To his credit, McCandless has been totally reasonable about it, trying his best to put things in perspective for people, but the damage was done as soon as he posted the results. At that point, the assay took on a life of its own, and people jumped to the inevitable conclusions.

It looks to me like this was simply an order botched at the mixing stage. Any number of things could have happened. People are pointing fingers at the quality control, a valid criticism. But if I'm correct, this was a custom order. It's a small company getting a ton of different orders that have to be made up on the spot, and realistically, the occasional mistake is going to be made. Considering the nature of their business (individually customized formulas at low prices) and the growing pains that come with success, this is not all that surprising. Hopefully this can be sorted out amicably and some good can come of it for all involved. At the very least, customers should be able to score some deadly accurate product from PF for the next little while! ;-)

Phil Caravaggio

Re: Protein Man

Originally posted by Customizer
    I need to express my massive disappointment in the original post from Eddie Molina.
    Thanks for coming on the board and giving us your side of the story. Good luck.

1fast400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1fast400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1fast400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1fast400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1fast400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1fast400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1fast400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1fast400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1fast400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1fast400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1fast400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Often times a companies reputation is defined by how it reacts to a bad situation. Alex could have easily resolved this with no problem. Instead he choose to come after me. Out of respect to him and his laywer I will not post the incredibly stupid letter they sent me. My decision of retraction is based on the fact that my phone can't be tied up 2h out of the day dealing with him and his lawyers. I can't make message boards go away. This will all be taken care of in good time. In the future PF will be sending the blends to the labs themselves. I will never touch the items. We will see if they clean up their act or not.
    Questions? Email me at My65cuda@aol.com

DON'T PM ME

dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

1Fast

Are you still going to post the results from my sample?

jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by 1fast400
    In the future PF will be sending the blends to the labs themselves. I will never touch the items. We will see if they clean up their act or not.
    This disturbes me greatly. So you mean that PF will know exactly which shipments will go to what lab and what they are supposed to contain? If so this about as useful to consumers as planned health inspections. I don't mean to discredit PF, but who would let a sample to be tested be anything but what was claimed?

Originally posted by jweave23
    This disturbes me greatly. So you mean that PF will know exactly which shipments will go to what lab and what they are supposed to contain? If so this about as useful to consumers as planned health inspections. I don't mean to discredit PF, but who would let a sample to be tested be anything but what was claimed?
    I think Mike posted earlier that the person doing the testing would place the order in his own name, not the name of the laboratory.