Thread: Casein

TiffanyR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Casein

I will be doing more research on the topic, but Id like to hear from you ladies first

I was told by a female nutritionist that I should not be taking casein as it is recommended for men. however , i have been noticing many women on this site take it before bed?

Any personal experiences you would care to share?

1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TiffanyR View Post
    I will be doing more research on the topic, but Id like to hear from you ladies first

I was told by a female nutritionist that I should not be taking casein as it is recommended for men. however , i have been noticing many women on this site take it before bed?

Any personal experiences you would care to share?
    Casein is fine for women.Did the "nutritionist" say why she thinks is ok for men but not women?
    Last edited by 1972girl; 01-07-2008 at 09:41 PM.

SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have in the past, used ON's creamy vanilla, sometimes 50% whey to make it taste better.

Registered User RadiantStrength's Avatar
    RadiantStrength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RadiantStrength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RadiantStrength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RadiantStrength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RadiantStrength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RadiantStrength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RadiantStrength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RadiantStrength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RadiantStrength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RadiantStrength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RadiantStrength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Casein

I love casein. Why was it said to be for men only? I take a scoop for bed and it keeps me from waking up hungry really early in the morning. I think you should try it, and see how it works for you. I like ON 100% Casein Protein. Either the supreme chocolate or the creamy vanilla..I tried the banana, and it was wretched, haha...good luck though!
    "I embrace my desire to
    feel the rhythm, to feel connected
    enough to step aside and weep like a widow
    to feel inspired, to fathom the power,
    to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain,
    to swing on the spiral
    of our divinity and still be a human."

Tool

Lifting Heavy!!! Scarl3tbutt3rfly's Avatar
    Scarl3tbutt3rfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scarl3tbutt3rfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scarl3tbutt3rfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scarl3tbutt3rfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scarl3tbutt3rfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scarl3tbutt3rfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scarl3tbutt3rfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scarl3tbutt3rfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scarl3tbutt3rfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scarl3tbutt3rfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scarl3tbutt3rfly will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Why would it be only for men? It is only a protein. That is kinda strange. I use ON Bananas and Cream and ON Chocolate before I go to sleep. Id be curious on why she would say that? Unless she really doesnt know what it is.
    You focus your mind to train your body, and the changes that begin to take place impact your mind as well. Dream it, believe it, and you will achieve it. ~Arnold Schwarzenegger, The New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding, 1998

Music is holy, Art is sacred, and Creativity is power

Vote for me! Vitrix Model Search-Vote HERE!!: http://www.vitrixmodelteam.com/index.php?option=com_modelsearch&controller=contestant&userid=233&filter_contest=14&Itemid=142#photoid=1938

nofxneeded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Scarl3tbutt3rfly View Post
    Why would it be only for men? It is only a protein. That is kinda strange. I use ON Bananas and Cream and ON Chocolate before I go to sleep. Id be curious on why she would say that? Unless she really doesnt know what it is.
    exactly!

terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Casein is the major protein in milk and cheese, so there is no reason why a woman can't take it.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

www.hotnfit.com - need help with fat loss, muscle gain, or having a healthy pregnancy? Visit my site! Yes safe for work and mobile friendly :)

www.********.com/hotnfitcom

...and your point WAS???? lopaw's Avatar
    lopaw will become famous soon enough. (+50) lopaw will become famous soon enough. (+50) lopaw will become famous soon enough. (+50) lopaw will become famous soon enough. (+50) lopaw will become famous soon enough. (+50) lopaw will become famous soon enough. (+50) lopaw will become famous soon enough. (+50) lopaw will become famous soon enough. (+50) lopaw will become famous soon enough. (+50) lopaw will become famous soon enough. (+50) lopaw will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Sounds like that "nutritionist" needs to get her butt back to nutrition school for some serious learnin'!

Love4Life is on a distinguished road. (+10) Love4Life is on a distinguished road. (+10) Love4Life is on a distinguished road. (+10) Love4Life is on a distinguished road. (+10) Love4Life is on a distinguished road. (+10) Love4Life is on a distinguished road. (+10) Love4Life is on a distinguished road. (+10) Love4Life is on a distinguished road. (+10) Love4Life is on a distinguished road. (+10) Love4Life is on a distinguished road. (+10) Love4Life is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by terracotta View Post
    Casein is the major protein in milk and cheese, so there is no reason why a woman can't take it.
    x2 I take casein in the evenings.
    You've got to get up every morning with determination, if you're going to go to bed with satisfaction

George Lormier

blondiebabe68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

I use ON casein with a teaspoon of peanut butter before bed and I dont wake up in the middle of the night hungry for a protein shake. Also, if you only add about a cup of water, it is so thick and you can eat it with a spoon like pudding. yum, yum