Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Type of training during EC Stack? (reps!)

Hey guys, I'm re-evaluating a lot of my training / diet. I'm going to start calorie and carb cycling soon, along with an EC stack.

Could I get some advice on what type of training to do?

I read an article on carb-cycling which poo-poo'd too much cardio (exceeding 1 - 2 times a day). Instead it suggested doing a 5 day split of weight training with one or two days cardio.

Thing is, I'm used to doing 45 minutes HIIT 5 days a week with 3 days of weight training.

Should I hit the weights (5 day split with 2 days of cardio)... or continue my 3 day split with 5 days of 45 minutes of HIIT?

Which would you recommend during EC cycling?

Reps on help!

Last thread of the day... promise...

Blake56 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blake56 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blake56 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blake56 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blake56 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blake56 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blake56 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blake56 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blake56 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blake56 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blake56 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well I started carb cycling and EC stack last week.
    Doing 3 day split weight training now Monday, Wednesday, Friday. I do cardio 5 days a week. 20mins after weight training and 40 mins on Tuesday and Thursday. All cardio is Low intensity. First week lost about 1.5 pounds and .5% body fat the scale said not sure how accurate that is. Tried doing HIIT today and my heart about exploded, felt lightheaded, and wanted to pass out had to sit down for about 30 mins to recover. Just my 2 cents.

For the low intensity cardio, I try to stay between 60-75% heart rate. 75% on weight training days since I have PWO carbs, but 60% on non-training days since those are my NO carb days.

Hope this helps.

TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Just do your regular training schedule. It's not like the EC stack is some magic drug that'll shed all the fat off your body. It only works good when you have a solid diet and workout plan in order.
    Only Those Who Risk Going Too Far Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go

Forever Cutting (My Road to 10%):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163945981

justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ^yup, but make sure you don't stress the heart too much while on EC.

TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by justanothagirl View Post
    ^yup, but make sure you don't stress the heart too much while on EC.
    I lift with maximal intensity, especially on heavy lifts like deads and squats but I'll never try HIIT or interval training while I'm on EC. I'm afraid to overwork myself if I do that.

Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thanks for the replies, guys. Are you guys doing upper / lower body splits?

And, how often / how long is everyone doing cardio? I'm mostly concerned about over-training, too.

Originally Posted by Blake56 View Post
    Well I started carb cycling and EC stack last week.
    Doing 3 day split weight training now Monday, Wednesday, Friday. I do cardio 5 days a week. 20mins after weight training and 40 mins on Tuesday and Thursday. All cardio is Low intensity. First week lost about 1.5 pounds and .5% body fat the scale said not sure how accurate that is. Tried doing HIIT today and my heart about exploded, felt lightheaded, and wanted to pass out had to sit down for about 30 mins to recover. Just my 2 cents.

For the low intensity cardio, I try to stay between 60-75% heart rate. 75% on weight training days since I have PWO carbs, but 60% on non-training days since those are my NO carb days.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks for the response, Blake. I'm definitely going to back off the HIIT on EC.

I do a 3 on 1 off 2 on 1 off split. Hitting chest, back, shoulders, legs, and arms on each day supplementing each day with extra lat work, calves and abs.