Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    middlebacker50 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) middlebacker50 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) middlebacker50 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) middlebacker50 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) middlebacker50 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) middlebacker50 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) middlebacker50 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) middlebacker50 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) middlebacker50 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) middlebacker50 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) middlebacker50 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

is it good to train your arms everyday with curls??

ok so i do curls everyday at like 9pm at night i was wondering if that was good on them and what kind of things i can do with just dumbells cuz that is all i got please post i need answers thanks guys this is the best site ever

ant0064 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ant0064 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ant0064 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ant0064 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ant0064 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ant0064 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ant0064 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ant0064 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ant0064 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ant0064 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ant0064 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by middlebacker50 View Post
    ok so i do curls everyday at like 9pm at night i was wondering if that was good on them and what kind of things i can do with just dumbells cuz that is all i got please post i need answers thanks guys this is the best site ever
    I presonally wouldn't recommend doing one body part everyday. I know you probably want your arms to be bigger than the next guy, but rest in every body part is essential. When you lift, you are actually breaking the muscle down, and your rest period is when you build it back up.
    Just trying to survive in a world now designed for the 130 pound man

DISCLAIMER: The opinions generated in my response are solely based on my own personal experience through years and years of testing and variation to workout programs and supplementation. This reflects how MY body responds to certain things and may not be a correct representation of how your body responds to your own bodybuilding experiments.

middlebacker50 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) middlebacker50 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) middlebacker50 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) middlebacker50 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) middlebacker50 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) middlebacker50 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) middlebacker50 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) middlebacker50 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) middlebacker50 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) middlebacker50 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) middlebacker50 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    so then what should i do hammer curls every other day and regular curls and then do my back ?? and shoulders??

grv575 is on a distinguished road. (+10) grv575 is on a distinguished road. (+10) grv575 is on a distinguished road. (+10) grv575 is on a distinguished road. (+10) grv575 is on a distinguished road. (+10) grv575 is on a distinguished road. (+10) grv575 is on a distinguished road. (+10) grv575 is on a distinguished road. (+10) grv575 is on a distinguished road. (+10) grv575 is on a distinguished road. (+10) grv575 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Quite good. In fact it's the only real deal way to get gunz. Armed and dangerous so to speak. Put rocks in your bookbag too. Then do curlz in class (concentration curlz - the teacher will never suspect). This is all detailed in 'the modern encylopedia of biceptz' and 'the great bicep workout' and 'gunz for all - give them ppl the power'.

only thing is we cant take bookbags to school lol but my football coach said i can store anything in his fridge and come in there during the day to take protein stuff liek tuna chicken and protein drinks

edo75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would not do curls every day. There is few things you can do with DB. Try to split you days lets say Monday You can do Chest (lay on the floor and do same movements as you would do on the bench. A lot power lifters do similar thing but with the bar. You can also do pushups to make em harder get backpack full of books or elevate your self of the ground,) Shoulders sit on the chair and do your shoulder press, Triceps either with one arm or two you can do french press. take day off. on wednesday do clean and press its a good overall exercise and lets say DB swing(same as kettlebell swing) . day off. Fri biceps and traps Db schrug,back one arm row. You can get heaps of info on some of the exercises here
    http://www.crossfit.com/cf-info/excercise.html#Exer
    http://www.criticalbench.com/exercises/exercises.htm
    It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.

IrishHawkeye7 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) IrishHawkeye7 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) IrishHawkeye7 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) IrishHawkeye7 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) IrishHawkeye7 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) IrishHawkeye7 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) IrishHawkeye7 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) IrishHawkeye7 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) IrishHawkeye7 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) IrishHawkeye7 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) IrishHawkeye7 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    muscles grow during rest, so i'd say no, it's not a good idea to do curls every day.

ok thanks guys should i do them every other day?

Bocgam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bocgam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bocgam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    ok thanks guys should i do them every other day?
    Once every three to four days would be a minimum. If you're able to seriously work your biceps every few days, you're probably not working them hard enough in the first place.

I think you'll also find that biceps will grow with everything else. (Wide grip) pull-ups, bent over rows, and cable rows will tax your biceps much more comprehensively than trying isolate them. Incorporate them into your routine via a back day.

Whatever you do, don't use the squat rack for them.

LegendKiller22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LegendKiller22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LegendKiller22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LegendKiller22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LegendKiller22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LegendKiller22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LegendKiller22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LegendKiller22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LegendKiller22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LegendKiller22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LegendKiller22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Arms every day??? And people are saying this is ok???

No, def. not. do not do arms for more than 3 times a week if that.

Do arms twice a week. If your hitting them really light, then maybe you can stretch it to 3 or 4

RM36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RM36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RM36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RM36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RM36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RM36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RM36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RM36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RM36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RM36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RM36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    No, do not work them every day OR every other day.

Mor_phinePlz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mor_phinePlz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mor_phinePlz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mor_phinePlz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mor_phinePlz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

re trainging arms

Originally Posted by LegendKiller22 View Post
    Arms every day??? And people are saying this is ok???

No, def. not. do not do arms for more than 3 times a week if that.

Do arms twice a week. If your hitting them really light, then maybe you can stretch it to 3 or 4
    I can agree and disagree with most . I workout alot, Have for over 15 years and never ever thought of Gaining size. My job demands i use my arms for strenght and i train them once/twice a week. Ive noticed this because my arms are used everyday in a job that most people would quit the first day. I Curl 70 lbs alternate approx 6-8 reps per side clean and have 16 inch arms. I See alot of younger men in the gym with arms reaching 18" and couldnt even hold a 60lber stably! I have strenght gained over time caused by my life style and career. If it comes down to survival you body will adapt and survive under any conditions if your mind set is right. Overtraining , to me is a myth. If anyone ever trained as hard as arnold and trust me thats about 1-2% of my gym of a 1000 members, they would be very very strong and large. In an ending note train your arms for what you "think" you should train them. For me to gain any real scary size on my arms i would need atleast 3 damn good arm workouts a week.

To each there own, thats just my two-bites.

peace plz.
    -6ft tall 201lbs 7%bf Ectomorph.
    -deadlift 405*8rep
    -Bench 255*10
    -Squat 405*8
    -barbell curl 135*5
    *just here to learn and grow*

LegendKiller22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LegendKiller22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LegendKiller22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LegendKiller22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LegendKiller22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LegendKiller22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LegendKiller22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LegendKiller22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LegendKiller22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LegendKiller22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LegendKiller22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm not sure if i'm ever coming on here for advice again, after some of these responses...

and to the above poster.
    I'm not sure if your aware of this, but arnold took a certain something which allows you to recover quickly. Allowing you to train bodyparts more frequent then if you dont take this certain something...

And to OP, If you are gonna try to do arms 3-4 times a week, keep your sets limited.... I see from another thread your coach has you on a strength training program. Is there a reason your not sticking to taht?

shffl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shffl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shffl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shffl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shffl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shffl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shffl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shffl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shffl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shffl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shffl has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    to the op, im assuming you're new to weightlifting so im not going to bother flaming you. but heres the deal, muscles grow when they are recovering, training them everyday leaves them no time for recovery.

and you said, all you have are dumbells? i can assume you dont care about anything and you want is a hugeeeee gun.

get a membership at a gym

learn how train your entire body first. you arms will grow in time.

Registered User semperfi_psalm121's Avatar
    semperfi_psalm121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) semperfi_psalm121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    depends on how many sets reps your doing. if your doing just 3 sets of curls sure go ahead, but really even if you rested with that kind of workout you wouldn't be doing anything anyway. basically sounds like your wasting your time.

SwissArmyShoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwissArmyShoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwissArmyShoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwissArmyShoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwissArmyShoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwissArmyShoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwissArmyShoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwissArmyShoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwissArmyShoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwissArmyShoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwissArmyShoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    To develop your biceps you need to train other body parts as well with frequency. Lifting weights puts your body into a state of growth, the more muscle groups you exercise the more you will grow. If you have enough weight on your DB's then try to do some dumbbell squats, deadlifts and seated presses and do a few sets of heavy curls every 2 - 3 days within your program (not every day)

Deadlifts and squats don't train the biceps directly but they have a synergistic effect on the rest of the body because of the massive anabolic effect they have. Doing compound exercises puts your body into a state of change.

So in effect, squats make your arms grow.

If your just going to do curls then you won't get very far I'm afraid.

PalmTree is on a distinguished road. (+10) PalmTree is on a distinguished road. (+10) PalmTree is on a distinguished road. (+10) PalmTree is on a distinguished road. (+10) PalmTree is on a distinguished road. (+10) PalmTree is on a distinguished road. (+10) PalmTree is on a distinguished road. (+10) PalmTree is on a distinguished road. (+10) PalmTree is on a distinguished road. (+10) PalmTree is on a distinguished road. (+10) PalmTree is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    big gunz only appear if you put celltech in your cereal
    Lactate threshold can suck my balls.

KazuyaMishima has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KazuyaMishima has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KazuyaMishima has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KazuyaMishima has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KazuyaMishima has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KazuyaMishima has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KazuyaMishima has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KazuyaMishima has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KazuyaMishima has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KazuyaMishima has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by LegendKiller22 View Post
    I'm not sure if i'm ever coming on here for advice again, after some of these responses...

and to the above poster.
    I'm not sure if your aware of this, but arnold took a certain something which allows you to recover quickly. Allowing you to train bodyparts more frequent then if you dont take this certain something...

And to OP, If you are gonna try to do arms 3-4 times a week, keep your sets limited.... I see from another thread your coach has you on a strength training program. Is there a reason your not sticking to taht?
    Put a sock in it

MikeAU is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeAU is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeAU is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeAU is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeAU is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeAU is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeAU is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeAU is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeAU is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeAU is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeAU is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Training biceps once a day isn't enough, train em when you wake up, atleast 10 sets of 10 reps, then repeat the same for afternoon and befor you go to bed, celltech will help aswell, good luck.

ant0064 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ant0064 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ant0064 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ant0064 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ant0064 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ant0064 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ant0064 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ant0064 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ant0064 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ant0064 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ant0064 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Are you guys serious????? I love having big arms, but it comes with time and not over training. You are doing arms everytime you pick up a weight. I dedicate one day for bi's and tri's at a maximum. Please don't listen to this nonsense.

DISCLAIMER: The opinions generated in my response are solely based on my own personal experience through years and years of testing and variation to workout programs and supplementation. This reflects how MY body responds to certain things and may not be a correct representation of how your body responds to your own bodybuilding experiments.

jroe10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bad idea. You've got to understand what is going on when you work out to understand why. In simple terms, when you workout a muscle, you are creating microtears in the muscle tissue. Because this tissue doesn't want to be torn up, it rebuilds itself stronger. However, to do that, you've got to give it time and rest. If you continuously workout day after day, the muscle never fully recovers and you don't make any gains. So at the very least, you should wait 48 hours to train a muscle for a second time and if you're doing it right that may be pushing it. As for dumbells, you can do everything you do with a barbell with them, plus some. The problem there usually becomes having enough weight in dumbells to do everything you want to do. Hope this helps.
    Wouldn't a midget on steroids be hillarious?

chedda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chedda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chedda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chedda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chedda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chedda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chedda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chedda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chedda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MikeAU View Post
    Training biceps once a day isn't enough, train em when you wake up, atleast 10 sets of 10 reps, then repeat the same for afternoon and befor you go to bed, celltech will help aswell, good luck.
    yea def. do not listen to this guy. if your working your bi's hard i'd say hit them no more than two times in a 7 day period. i personally only hit them hard on 1 day directly and rely on my heavy rows and pull ups on back day to hit them again and it has been what works best for me

Originally Posted by KazuyaMishima View Post
    Put a sock in it
    Sorry, didn't want to upset the Big Guy...

gixxer2184 is not very helpful. (-500) gixxer2184 is not very helpful. (-500) gixxer2184 is not very helpful. (-500) gixxer2184 is not very helpful. (-500) gixxer2184 is not very helpful. (-500) gixxer2184 is not very helpful. (-500) gixxer2184 is not very helpful. (-500) gixxer2184 is not very helpful. (-500) gixxer2184 is not very helpful. (-500) gixxer2184 is not very helpful. (-500) gixxer2184 is not very helpful. (-500)
    answer to your thread: hell no
    ئەنسیکلۆپێدیایFlorida Gators Crewئەنسیکلۆپێدیای

B.S. in Applied Physiology and Kinesiology
    College of Health and Human Performance
    University of Florida

Leinad_affar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leinad_affar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leinad_affar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leinad_affar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leinad_affar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leinad_affar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leinad_affar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leinad_affar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leinad_affar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leinad_affar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leinad_affar will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    only thing is we cant take bookbags to school lol but my football coach said i can store anything in his fridge and come in there during the day to take protein stuff liek tuna chicken and protein drinks
    Failure at detecting sarcasm.

Registered User semperfi_psalm121's Avatar
    semperfi_psalm121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) semperfi_psalm121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    "Sorry, didn't want to upset the Big Guy..."

HA!

Originally Posted by Leinad_affar View Post
    Failure at detecting sarcasm.

Haha Good stuff!

P3NC1L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P3NC1L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P3NC1L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P3NC1L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P3NC1L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P3NC1L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P3NC1L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P3NC1L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P3NC1L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P3NC1L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P3NC1L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by IrishHawkeye7 View Post
    muscles grow during rest, so i'd say no, it's not a good idea to do curls every day.
    I always laugh when I hear the same old garbage being spat out from person to person. The only time your muscles are truly resting is when you sleep, so you can sit around on your butt all day watching tv and fooling yourself that your muscles need "rest" when in fact, the only time they grow and rest is while you sleep. Train every day, don't listen to these muppets.

P3NC1L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P3NC1L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P3NC1L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P3NC1L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P3NC1L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P3NC1L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P3NC1L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P3NC1L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P3NC1L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P3NC1L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) P3NC1L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Train your muscles every single day. NO MATTER WHAT!!

If you are "recovering" from heavy days do "re-feed" days, basically you'll be just pumping the muscles up to help blood flow and aid in recovery. Lift lighter weights and do more reps, this is how you grow.

I do push-ups, pull-ups and sit-ups every single day.

5 sets of 25-40 EVERY SINGLE DAY WITHOUT FAIL!!

I'm still seeing great results, no signs of over training and it's been 4 years.

Grow a pair.

Tinocob is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinocob is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinocob is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinocob is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinocob is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinocob is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinocob is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinocob is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinocob is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinocob is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinocob is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I prefer you to work arms 2-3 a day, imagine how big arms you will have.
    Bench: 200x1 (meh)
    Squat: 350x1
    Deadlift: 375x1

It's only when we're pushed to our absolute limits then we can truly shine!