Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    hallmem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hallmem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hallmem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hallmem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hallmem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hallmem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hallmem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hallmem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hallmem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hallmem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hallmem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Why's the "N" word OK to some???????????

Now I'm not prejudice at all and I have many friends, some close, that are all different races. My question is, and I need answers on this because it really pisses me off big time, why the hell can people within the same race (you can figure out which one) call each other the "N" word?????? This baffles me. They can call people of other races "Honkey" and such, no one says anything. They can call each other the "N" word and no one says anyting. God forbid a "Honkey" uses the "N" word!!!! Next thing you know you have reverand Al (that prick) marching down your neighborhood banging on your door and a full blown federal law suit getting served on you. WTF??? I need answers on this so PLEASE, everyone chime in.

Hahnb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hahnb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hahnb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hahnb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hahnb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hahnb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hahnb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hahnb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hahnb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hahnb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hahnb is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Look at intelligence level of the people who use it.
    You need to go back to school and learn how to spell before juicing. -Drake

hallmem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hallmem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hallmem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hallmem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hallmem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hallmem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hallmem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hallmem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hallmem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hallmem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hallmem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Hahnb
    But still, it's so degrading and they get so offended when "honkey's" use it so why call themselves something so degrading???? There has to be some explanation for this!

SwollSooner 2.0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SwollSooner 2.0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SwollSooner 2.0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SwollSooner 2.0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SwollSooner 2.0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SwollSooner 2.0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SwollSooner 2.0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SwollSooner 2.0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SwollSooner 2.0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SwollSooner 2.0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SwollSooner 2.0 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    they are only trying to stay "krunk" and "keep it real".....who cares if they use it? they sound like idiots anyways

Originally Posted by SwollSooner 2.0
    they are only trying to stay "krunk" and "keep it real".....who cares if they use it? they sound like idiots anyways
    I understand the easy thing is to say "who cares" but it's still annoying and if they should be cool about saying it, then "honkey's" should (not that I would).........

Sometimes I can be a dick jkeithc82's Avatar
    jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    They have turned what is essentially a negative term into one of comrodery and endearment. They have basically made a negative a postive in the way they use it. White people really use it, because of the historical connotation it contains when used in reference to a black person. Unless you have experienced the racism and label that, that word means you can't really understand why it's ok for black people to use it and not white.
    Sinners in the hands of an angry Mod.

Mod is a concept...by which, we measure, our pain.

Originally Posted by jkeithc82
    They have turned what is essentially a negative term into one of comrodery and endearment. They have basically made a negative a postive in the way they use it. White people really use it, because of the historical connotation it contains when used in reference to a black person.
    Yea but does that still make it right? That's like saying that I can't say "Fu_ck" but if it's a term of endearment coming from a person of other race to one another we can call it to each other all day and it's ok?? Maybe that's not the best example but you get my point..

ProBuck is just really nice. (+1000) ProBuck is just really nice. (+1000) ProBuck is just really nice. (+1000) ProBuck is just really nice. (+1000) ProBuck is just really nice. (+1000) ProBuck is just really nice. (+1000) ProBuck is just really nice. (+1000) ProBuck is just really nice. (+1000) ProBuck is just really nice. (+1000) ProBuck is just really nice. (+1000) ProBuck is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by hallmem
    Now I'm not prejudice at all and I have many friends, some close, that are all different races. My question is, and I need answers on this because it really pisses me off big time, why the hell can people within the same race (you can figure out which one) call each other the "N" word?????? This baffles me. They can call people of other races "Honkey" and such, no one says anything. They can call each other the "N" word and no one says anyting. God forbid a "Honkey" uses the "N" word!!!! Next thing you know you have reverand Al (that prick) marching down your neighborhood banging on your door and a full blown federal law suit getting served on you. WTF??? I need answers on this so PLEASE, everyone chime in.
    Here's an idea. So revolutionary it's unprecedented in it's awesomeness. Ask someone who you've heard use the term in that situation and then I'm sure you'll have the answer.
    "I'll bet you're the kind of guy that would fcuk a person in the ass and not even have the goddam common courtesy to give him a reach-around." - Gunnery Sergeant Hartman

jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Maybe that's not the best example but you get my point..
    Not really. Are you black? Do you understand racism? Do you understand the meaning that is associated with that word? If they can find light in using the word in a different meaning rather then what its common definition is, why do you care so much? "Honkey" or "whitey" or "cracka" isn't as offensive to white people as the "n" word is to blacks. Why do you feel so bad or upset that you are disqualified from using a word that you probably haven't the clue of the history behind?

Originally Posted by ProBuck
    Here's an idea. So revolutionary it's unprecedented in it's awesomeness. Ask someone who you've heard use the term in that situation and then I'm sure you'll have the answer.
    ]

That brings us right back to the situation where rev al does his march....

ProBuck is just really nice. (+1000) ProBuck is just really nice. (+1000) ProBuck is just really nice. (+1000) ProBuck is just really nice. (+1000) ProBuck is just really nice. (+1000) ProBuck is just really nice. (+1000) ProBuck is just really nice. (+1000) ProBuck is just really nice. (+1000) ProBuck is just really nice. (+1000) ProBuck is just really nice. (+1000) ProBuck is just really nice. (+1000)
    ]

That brings us right back to the situation where rev al does his march....
    I'm almost positive it would never get that far.

hallmem,you don't care about that anyway. It's always the ones who think they're slick that are obvious and heavy handed. You're not ready.
    "I'll bet you're the kind of guy that would fcuk a person in the ass and not even have the goddam common courtesy to give him a reach-around." - Gunnery Sergeant Hartman

Marv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marv is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I actually had this discussion back in one of my classes (history of African Americans; needless to say, us minorities were the majority ) a couple of semesters ago. Here's 2 interesting views from the class.

-- it's a current cultural thing based off tv and music / hip hop / friends do the same thing so you do it to fit in with them
    -- it's degrading to their race, it's ashame that their ancestors endured atroscities only for them to use a word that was used to degrad them and still used in that way, as means for reference to each other.

So basically we had a vote in which people voted on which they felt held true at the beginning of the semester. It was basically 60%/40%. At the end of the course we took another vote and ended up at 20%/80% if that says anything.

IMO, it doesn't bother me for them to choose to use that word, that's their freedom. But I'll always view the word as a degrading term for the race.

BangBangSkeet is not very helpful. (-500) BangBangSkeet is not very helpful. (-500) BangBangSkeet is not very helpful. (-500) BangBangSkeet is not very helpful. (-500) BangBangSkeet is not very helpful. (-500) BangBangSkeet is not very helpful. (-500) BangBangSkeet is not very helpful. (-500) BangBangSkeet is not very helpful. (-500) BangBangSkeet is not very helpful. (-500) BangBangSkeet is not very helpful. (-500) BangBangSkeet is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Hahnb
    Most racist comment of the day goes to....

But seriously, why would you say that? Every race has little idiosyncracies that other races don't understand, and thats perfectly normal. Why do chinese people give each other little red envelopes full of money for christmas instead of presents? Why do mexicans grease up their hair, thinking that look is still in style? Why are Indian people overly concerned with finding the best deals on everything, even when it comes down to nickels and dimes? Why do white people think they have a right to judge other races, and think its completely normal?

Originally Posted by Marv
    But I'll always view the word as a degrading term for the race.
    I guess it must be hard to understand how a term that you feel is degrading to someone else couldn't possibly mean the same thing to them. Because you're only looking at what it means to you. So is the original poster.

IceDragon is a name known to all. (+5000) IceDragon is a name known to all. (+5000) IceDragon is a name known to all. (+5000) IceDragon is a name known to all. (+5000) IceDragon is a name known to all. (+5000) IceDragon is a name known to all. (+5000) IceDragon is a name known to all. (+5000) IceDragon is a name known to all. (+5000) IceDragon is a name known to all. (+5000) IceDragon is a name known to all. (+5000) IceDragon is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Here we go yet again...
    Viking to the core.

Fark yew.

Originally Posted by BangBangSkeet

But seriously, why would you say that? Every race has little idiosyncracies that other races don't understand, and thats perfectly normal. Why do chinese people give each other little red envelopes full of money for christmas instead of presents? Why do mexicans grease up their hair, thinking that look is still in style? Why are Indian people overly concerned with finding the best deals on everything, even when it comes down to nickels and dimes? Why do white people think they have a right to judge other races, and think its completely normal?
    Let's face it, everyone judges everyone, period. I hate every scumbag equally, no matter what race. I also like every good person equally, no matter what race.

MediaDeit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MediaDeit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MediaDeit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MediaDeit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MediaDeit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MediaDeit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MediaDeit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MediaDeit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MediaDeit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MediaDeit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MediaDeit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Now I'm not prejudice at all and I have many friends, some close, that are all different races.
    I find it helirious when people sya that.

"uh i ain't racist i got black friends BUT.................................."

No ofense to you but i pointed it out because this guy i knew would always say that then make the most racist comments, and it gets over used. Just speak your mind and i doubt anyone would think your racist because your point was valid.

Originally Posted by BangBangSkeet
    Some people don't care how low on the intelligence totem pole they are. As long as they feel there's someone lower.

Originally Posted by MediaDeit
    I find it helirious when people sya that.

"uh i ain't racist i got black friends BUT.................................."

No ofense to you but i pointed it out because this guy i knew would always say that then make the most racist comments, and it gets over used. Just speak your mind and i doubt anyone would think your racist because your point was valid.

Good point.

Fitqb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fitqb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fitqb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fitqb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fitqb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fitqb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fitqb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fitqb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fitqb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fitqb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fitqb is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    There is no explanation. They like to be the only ones that can say it and love to pull out the race card whenever they want.

Registered User Contract Killer's Avatar
    Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000)
    Attached Images

HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by jkeithc82
    They have turned what is essentially a negative term into one of comrodery and endearment. They have basically made a negative a postive in the way they use it. White people really use it, because of the historical connotation it contains when used in reference to a black person. Unless you have experienced the racism and label that, that word means you can't really understand why it's ok for black people to use it and not white.

well then i dont want any black person to say honkey or cracker, i dont like the connotation it contains coming from a black person......me and my white bretheren use it as a term of endearment................good god, both are a retarted double standard...people need to worry about crap that actually matters. Hallmem epitomizes what every person should think.....a peice of sh*t is a peice of sh*t, regardless of there tan level.....good people are good people, unfortunatly they are also becoming extinct
    Last edited by HomerJ.Simpson; 12-14-2005 at 11:36 AM.

Jailguard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jailguard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jailguard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jailguard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jailguard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jailguard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jailguard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jailguard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jailguard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jailguard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jailguard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hallman, you need to take one of these to chill

experiment in progress Jhendi82's Avatar
    Jhendi82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhendi82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhendi82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhendi82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhendi82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhendi82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhendi82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhendi82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhendi82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhendi82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhendi82 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm black and I rarely ever use the N word. Sounds ignorant to call each other that.
    Current Weight: 214 pounds
    Cutting and trying to maintain lean mass

R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero (1967-2005)
    Obsession a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

Marv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marv is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by ProBuck
    I guess it must be hard to understand how a term that you feel is degrading to someone else couldn't possibly mean the same thing to them. Because you're only looking at what it means to you. So is the original poster.
    No it's not hard to understand. That's why I said I don't have a problem with people using it. It's their freedom to do so, just as it's my freedom to have the opposite view and think of it as derogatory word. As I said, in the class we looked at it from both views; and this is the view I've came out of it with.

I mean, it's the same thing with me. There's less than 2,000 people of my heritage left in the entire world. I wouldn't exactly choose redskin or indian-giver or whatever other term to describe them. Especially considering what has happened in the past. I have too much pride and respect for my culture to do that.

Originally Posted by HomerJ.Simpson
    well then i dont want any black person to say honkey or cracker, i dont like the connotation it contains coming from a black person......me and my white bretheren use it as a term of endearment................good god, both are a retarted double standard...people need to worry about crap that actually matters. Hallmem epitomizes what every person should think.....a peice of sh*t is a peice of sh*t, regardless of there tan level.....good people are good people, unfortunatly they are also becoming extinct
    I agree, who gives a **** really. How is life going to be enhanced if given the permission to say a word?

Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Why would you give a ****? Why couldnt a person of the same race call someone else a racist name. It holds no offence if there the same race, thats just common sense. this question is retarded, and im pretty sure you can figure out your own answer but you wanted to make some e-statement on this site.

Not to mention ni99a is just slang now, white people use it all the time so dont give me that " OMG WHITE PEOPLE CANT SAY IT" bull****. They might look like idiots when they do it, thats no ones fault. And dont even mention honkey or cracker as if its the liberals fault for it not being offensive or what ever we were getting at. Honkey and cracker are just not as offensive to whites as it is to blacks, point and case. If whites took more offence to it then the word would be more tabood. Common sense.
    Access the gun's off the earth axis
    Axis of evil, the eagle will leave your hat split
    Ruck flow is like "**** you, Gawd"
    I don't wanna rhyme, I need a construction job

- Sean Price

thundar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thundar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thundar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thundar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thundar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thundar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thundar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thundar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thundar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thundar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thundar is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    this whole race talk is annoying. dirtbags are dirtbags and good guys are good guys. we really all belong to the HUMAN race, afterall. thats enough for me. and id still like to be reincarnated as a superhero vigilante-like guy. say, maybe batman or the likes. then all the dirtbags, no matter what `race`,would be in big, big trouble.

dsoul27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dsoul27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dsoul27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dsoul27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dsoul27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dsoul27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dsoul27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dsoul27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dsoul27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dsoul27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dsoul27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I understand the easy thing is to say "who cares" but it's still annoying and if they should be cool about saying it, then "honkey's" should (not that I would).........
    sure you wouldn't... You would love to openly be able to call a black guy/girl the "N" word without getting your azz handed to you, but your a punk.... Why is it annoying for you not to be able to say it and blacks can? you must want to say it... if you wouldn't say if you were able to say it, then don't worry about it now and let whoever says it continue to say it....

It's ok for blacks to use this word because it's a certain bond between us... I personally don't belive blacks should use this word around whites, because you get clowns like you guys thinking that you should be able to call us the "N" word... but you can't, cause when you guys say this word its all about hate. Like I said blacks have a bond and it's ok for us to use it.....
    Post clever signature here.....

anybody with 50+ reps feel free to give me one....

HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by dsoul27
    sure you wouldn't... You would love to openly be able to call a black guy/girl the "N" word without getting your azz handed to you, but your a punk.... Why is it annoying for you not to be able to say it and blacks can? you must want to say it... if you wouldn't say if you were able to say it, then don't worry about it now and let whoever says it continue to say it....

It's ok for blacks to use this word because it's a certain bond between us... I personally don't belive blacks should use this word around whites, because you get clowns like you guys thinking that you should be able to call us the "N" word... but you can't, cause when you guys say this word its all about hate. Like I said blacks have a bond and it's ok for us to use it.....

how the hell would you know if he wants to be able to say it..its a word...........i have no desire to run around calling everyone a n*gger, its just stupid that theres a double standard about it and everyone gets into a fit about it. im part native american am i gonna crap myself because in northern va were i used to live everyone was a fan of the redskins, or because i go to west va university and my moms from wv that im a redneck honkey cracker, i couldnt give two sh*ts. but when the "N" word is thrown around jesse jackson or al sharpton's bat phone rings and they sh*t a brick. your not going to tell me that redneck, cracker, honkey, sp*c, ch*nk, etc have kind roots. just like n*gger. they all originate in degrading a race. i just dont see how the "N" word holds any justification as being worse then any other racial slur. its like saying that african americans can take more offense to a racial slur then any other race. its just a word that far to many people over react to. people are too soft skinned and let people running around dropping slurs get to them. its a complete waste of energy