IwantTMacsbody has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IwantTMacsbody has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IwantTMacsbody has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IwantTMacsbody has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IwantTMacsbody has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IwantTMacsbody has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IwantTMacsbody has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IwantTMacsbody has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IwantTMacsbody has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IwantTMacsbody has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IwantTMacsbody has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Incline dumbbell chest press at 30 of 45 degree?

I when incline dumbbell bench press, I raises the seat only to 30 degrees. But everybody in my gym raise it to 45 degrees. What you think?

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    30 is better, IMO.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

Screamin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Screamin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Screamin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Screamin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Screamin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Screamin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Screamin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Screamin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Screamin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Screamin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Screamin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by IwantTMacsbody View Post
    I when incline dumbbell bench press, I raises the seat only to 30 degrees. But everybody in my gym raise it to 45 degrees. What you think?
    Why don't you try both and see which one gives you the best workout? Both are great exercises that work differently for different people.
    LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO BE SMALL

"tofurkey? tof*ck yourself" ~ W8

Check out my journal (currently on hold): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=7096271

Randeep.Singh is just really nice. (+1000) Randeep.Singh is just really nice. (+1000) Randeep.Singh is just really nice. (+1000) Randeep.Singh is just really nice. (+1000) Randeep.Singh is just really nice. (+1000) Randeep.Singh is just really nice. (+1000) Randeep.Singh is just really nice. (+1000) Randeep.Singh is just really nice. (+1000) Randeep.Singh is just really nice. (+1000) Randeep.Singh is just really nice. (+1000) Randeep.Singh is just really nice. (+1000)
    see what works best for you and hits the intended muscles personally when i go steeper i feel my shoulders click :S

khajja will become famous soon enough. (+50) khajja will become famous soon enough. (+50) khajja will become famous soon enough. (+50) khajja will become famous soon enough. (+50) khajja will become famous soon enough. (+50) khajja will become famous soon enough. (+50) khajja will become famous soon enough. (+50) khajja will become famous soon enough. (+50) khajja will become famous soon enough. (+50) khajja will become famous soon enough. (+50) khajja will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i prefer the lower incline. i heard it recommended by DD once so i gave it a shot and loved it. If i recall correctly, DD supported the low incline and high decline dumbell presses for chest mass.

i'd assume that the higher incline works more shoulders and upper pecs vs the lower incline.

Rinkamd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rinkamd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rinkamd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rinkamd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rinkamd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rinkamd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rinkamd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rinkamd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rinkamd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rinkamd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rinkamd will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The lower the incline, the less shoulders come into play.
    I REPresent back.

reps: dvv

Joelio36 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Joelio36 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Joelio36 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Joelio36 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Joelio36 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Joelio36 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Joelio36 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Joelio36 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Joelio36 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Joelio36 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Joelio36 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    25-30 provides most tension in clavicular head of pectorals. 45 provides excellent shoulder strengthening, because you can manage larger weights and therefore put more tension onto the anterior delts. Anything above 45 is just anterior and medial deltoid isolation, which is mostly bodybuilding and minimal strength development. Also, if you interested in strength, power, and muscluar tone (to prevent injury) for sport, use dumbells. Barbells may make you stronger, but only in a very small, linear plane, and will leave you with imbalances that will make you prone to injury, especially in contact sports or sport with powerful movements (i.e. American Football, Tennis)

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Screamin View Post
    Why don't you try both and see which one gives you the best workout? Both are great exercises that work differently for different people.
    x2

When I started posting here the stock advice given was 15-30 degrees, with anything above that being useless. $AJ would give his personal seal of approval, and +FOOD +TIME. Eventually figured out through trial and error that's BS. Everyone's different and higher incline angles can be effective.

iladelph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iladelph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iladelph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iladelph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iladelph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iladelph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iladelph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iladelph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Listen to Charles Glass!
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/glasscut3.htm

He recommends a 40 degree angle.
    However, I prefer a 30 degree angle.

If its your chest day, make sure you work your chest, not your shoulders.
    If 40 or 45 degrees seems to fatigue your shoulders more then your chest then,

(1) check your form
    (2) Lower the angle degree

Its all about Trial & Error.
    Pain Pain Pain... then maybe some Pleasure.

Registered User Big Arm Big Pay's Avatar
    Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i do 45 degree no other way to hit the top of your chest good
    Workout log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=454246811#post454246811

"Dude...there are ALWAYS ninjas. You just can't see them." - HardGainer82, Clark Kent, WishmasterATM, BPP, poopoo333, JOSEF RAKICH

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I do 30 degree and it hits my upper-chest well.

Spankee888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spankee888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spankee888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spankee888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spankee888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spankee888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spankee888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spankee888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spankee888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spankee888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spankee888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Both...the upper chest is tough to develop for most so the more angles you can hit it from the better...if its 45 degrees just make sure your getting a good squeeze with your chest and its not too heavy as to let your shoulders take over completely...i do both angles with flat bench as well.
    Z-MONEY

bigmac366 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigmac366 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigmac366 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigmac366 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigmac366 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigmac366 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigmac366 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigmac366 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigmac366 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigmac366 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigmac366 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    30 degree for me. most people in the gym dont know what the f&ck they are doing, let alone why. i find that going past 30 degrees significantly engages my shoulders, and i'm pretty happy with my upper chest. best advice, do both, nice and slow, and decide which feels like it engages more of YOUR upper chest. just cuz 30 works for me doesnt mean it does for you.
    Last edited by bigmac366; 01-07-2008 at 12:58 PM.

Andershocknic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Andershocknic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Andershocknic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Andershocknic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Andershocknic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Andershocknic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Andershocknic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Andershocknic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Andershocknic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Andershocknic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Andershocknic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i like just a small incline, so i just put a aerobics step under the head part of the flat bench, to give it just a small incline, thats done pretty well for me,
    gofundme.com/jz47xw

hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I prefer 30 degrees as my bread-and-butter pec builder (over flat, which I don't do anymore), but I like finishing up my compound chest work with a set or two on a 45, sometimes even a 60, degree angle. The pump I get, concentrated around the clavicle area, on the 60 degree is pretty hulkish. :-)

That said, experiment with both the 30 and 45, and see what works best for you. Everyone's different, so don't be afraid to go outside the box. Give them both an honest try for a time. Maybe they'll both work for you. Never know till you try.
    Keep on hulkin'.

I won't quit till no shirt will fit.

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)
    The ideal angle is 35.6 degrees people.

Basically... they're different exercises, just like the incline is the mid between the supine press and the standing press, other angles are the median between them.

45 is the midway point between 0 (flat bench) and 90 (military press) so that'd be why most people use them. Picking 30 (or 60, or 75, or 15...) isn't bad, you just basically look at what they do. You should be mixing it up anyway.

levibett is just really nice. (+1000) levibett is just really nice. (+1000) levibett is just really nice. (+1000) levibett is just really nice. (+1000) levibett is just really nice. (+1000) levibett is just really nice. (+1000) levibett is just really nice. (+1000) levibett is just really nice. (+1000) levibett is just really nice. (+1000) levibett is just really nice. (+1000) levibett is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey Levi from Bodybuilding.com here! I wanted to let you know that we love the conversation here and wanted to make sure others saw it as well, so we included it our recent story "10 Best Chest Workout Exercises For Building Muscle." Check it out! https://www.bodybuilding.com/content...ng-muscle.html

Originally Posted by iladelph View Post
    Listen to Charles Glass!
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/glasscut3.htm

He recommends a 40 degree angle.
    However, I prefer a 30 degree angle.

If its your chest day, make sure you work your chest, not your shoulders.
    If 40 or 45 degrees seems to fatigue your shoulders more then your chest then,

(1) check your form
    (2) Lower the angle degree

Its all about Trial & Error.