1nappybroad25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Personal trainer did not take me serious...at all!!

Ok yall

I gotta rant!! I joined a gym last week and i started attending last nite...some gyms are generous and allow the members to have one free personal training session...cool!! So i met with the trainer...a male...of course when i was telling him what all i could do and what i really needed, he looked around into space, not paying that much attention to me...how i know?? Cause i was telling him that i could squat with dumbbells but i wanted to learn proper form with a barbell, it's like he didn't even hear me...what he heard was "learn" and "squat"..so he took me to some machines..i went along with it, mind you i'm on the verge of going completely off...f%ck 'em!!! I'll get someone to teach me...but i ain't giving my money to his a$$...Thank you for listening!!

Sherry
    "Now that's a bad b*tch"...Lil Webbie

FullAuto is on a distinguished road. (+10) FullAuto is on a distinguished road. (+10) FullAuto is on a distinguished road. (+10) FullAuto is on a distinguished road. (+10) FullAuto is on a distinguished road. (+10) FullAuto is on a distinguished road. (+10) FullAuto is on a distinguished road. (+10) FullAuto is on a distinguished road. (+10) FullAuto is on a distinguished road. (+10) FullAuto is on a distinguished road. (+10) FullAuto is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Try it again and this time give him an open palm to the back of his head and tell him to pay atention. Keep requesting him as your first free PT session and keep smacking him in the back of his pointy head.

PUMPFIT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Sorry Sherry

Sherry,

I'm sorry that you have a lousy experience. As a personal trainer I feel that its a necessity to listen to what your client is telling you. Experience, lack of experience, etc. Its to bad you don't live closer to Boston. It would be my pleasure to teach you how to squat with a straight bar. If thats all you wanted of my time I probably wouldn't charge you!

Take care,

Michael

headturner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) headturner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) headturner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) headturner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) headturner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) headturner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) headturner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) headturner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) headturner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) headturner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) headturner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sherry,

My personal advice would be to let the gym that you just joined that you were a little unhappy. Try to come off a little timid at first stating that you know you are new and that you know this was a free service, but that it gave you a negative vibe as a new member. They might be able to convince the trainer that his attitude needs an adjustment. Maybe he'll offer to make up for it at that point.

And, for you, PUMPFIT, that was about the most caring and pleasant response I've seen from a trainer on this forum-great to see!

LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    nappy...
    unfortunately, in today's money oriented society, you are simply experiencing in real form the old saying "you get what you pay for".
    think about it for a minute. most of these 'club' trainers that give
    free lessons are not only making little to no money for their time at the
    job, but are kids just out of school starting off their worklives in an
    environment where they hope to pickup a few dates as well.
    if what you need is a good 'teacher' my suggestion would be either to
    'hire' a trainer not associated with the gym, preferrably an established
    older (i.e. not 24 years old) trainer, be they male or female, who talks
    intelligently and seems to know his/her stuff.
    yes, i know... you have to PAY. but, in lieu of just 'happening' upon
    someone at the gym (like myself) who has trained for years, has the
    knowledge, and is willing to help out anyone with the ability to ask
    nicely for free, you must PAY.
    if you want to be taken seriously, its all about WHO is teaching, not
    WHAT they know or dont know.

best,
    ~lifer
    They ARE who we THOUGHT they were.....

Miamituscani has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miamituscani has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miamituscani has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miamituscani has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miamituscani has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had the same experience with this so called "free training session" with my gym. Later on I decide that I would ask about hiring a real TP, not only did I meet with an experience professional but the first week was free. It is completely different when they are trying to get to commit to 12 week program.

Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you're ever in that situation again, be agressive girl!
    Say, "Um, excuse me - I'm over here" or "Are you even listening?"

I used to hold back and be nice, but I've learned that if you do have a reasonable cause to speak up - do so - and you'll feel better about the situation.

I'm not in anyway attacking you - It's just when I read that I thought how awful that jerk must've made you feel, and I used to feel the same way. Now I just let 'em have it and call people on it.

PUMPFIT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking Thanks Head Turner

Thanks Head Turner!

For me its just common practice. Like anything else there are GOOD trainers and there are BAD trainers.

Unfortunately the personal training business doesn't have ONE governing body. There are many organizations that can/will certify and individual. Again, some are GOOD, some are NOT SO GOOD. Thats probably my biggest peeve with my profession.

My advice is find the trainer thats will to TEACH you. Any trainer can have you move to the right, move the left, raise your arms above your head and just plain get you to move. Most people will think that this trainer is a genious if their losing weight and inches. WRONG! Yes, its extremely important to get the client moving. But, look for the trainer that's going to teach you the science behind all the movement.

Someone thats going to explain Body Fat Percentage, Proper Nutrition, The Three Energy Pathways We Train In. These are just examples but I think you get my point.

Happy and Healthy training to you all!

Michael
    http://www.fitnessgenerator.com/pumpfitnesspt

tek. is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tek. is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tek. is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tek. is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tek. is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tek. is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tek. is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tek. is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tek. is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tek. is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tek. is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    sounds like he wants continued buisness, some trainers try to not teach you much otherwise youd just leave them and do your own thing!