Animal0101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking What is a good 3 day a week program?

What is a good 3 day a week workout for putting on mass? all suggestions are appreciated.

TshirtMan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TshirtMan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TshirtMan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TshirtMan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TshirtMan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TshirtMan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TshirtMan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TshirtMan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TshirtMan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TshirtMan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TshirtMan has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Animal - How long have you been working out? How old are you Are you over/underweight now?
    Make time to eat!

Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Cool

Monday- Chest/tris/shoulders
    Wed-Back/bis
    Fri-legs

For mass you need to eat!! Maybe try some creatine.. You need to eat a lot of calories to bulk up.. Your sets should be 3, and your reps should be 5-10, intensity is the key.. You need to concentrate on getting at least 1.2 grams of protein per lb of bodyweight.. you need to get carbs and protein and creatine if you have it, in righ after you workout.. so you might want to try a weight gainer..

labouche is on a distinguished road. (+10) labouche is on a distinguished road. (+10) labouche is on a distinguished road. (+10) labouche is on a distinguished road. (+10) labouche is on a distinguished road. (+10) labouche is on a distinguished road. (+10) labouche is on a distinguished road. (+10) labouche is on a distinguished road. (+10) labouche is on a distinguished road. (+10) labouche is on a distinguished road. (+10) labouche is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Lightbulb

if you can do it i would definitely suggest you switch to a 4or5 day split so that you can really give each muscle group the attention they deserve. as well, if you dont already know it, workouts should be kept to a max of about ONE hour or else youre going to start a muscle-destroying process within the body. working only one or two bodyparts a day helps you get in and out of the gym quickly. it also helps you do the most important thing in weightlifting and thats going all out every set,every rep.
    "...but fools despise wisdom and discipline."

Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Cool

We'd have to see your routine though Animal.. so we can judge and see if it will take you over an hour.. routine i mean sets, reps, etc..

Thumbs up here is my history

i'm 21 i've been training of and on for about 3 years and weigh about 187. My workout program looks like this as of now

all sets go in reps 12, 10, 8, 6, 10 unless otherwise stated

tues. back and shoulders
    -smith military press
    -side raises
    -behind neck press
    -reverse delts
    -50 reps chin ups
    -lat pull downs
    -dumbell rows
    -dead lifts
    -seated rows

thurs. legs and abs
    -squats
    -hack squats
    -100 calf raises
    -legs raises for quads
    -100 sit ups

sat. chest and arms
    -barbell bench
    -incline barbell bench
    -flys
    -machine press
    -incline machine press
    -barbell curl
    -dumbell concentration curl
    -preacher curl
    -tricep push down
    -skull crushers
    -50 dips
    -over head press

Cool

You are doing way to many sets.. how long are you in the gyM?

time in the gym

i'm usually in the gym anywhere from 1 1/2 to 2 hours with 1 min. rest in between reps

labouche is on a distinguished road. (+10) labouche is on a distinguished road. (+10) labouche is on a distinguished road. (+10) labouche is on a distinguished road. (+10) labouche is on a distinguished road. (+10) labouche is on a distinguished road. (+10) labouche is on a distinguished road. (+10) labouche is on a distinguished road. (+10) labouche is on a distinguished road. (+10) labouche is on a distinguished road. (+10) labouche is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Exclamation

big H has it right Animal. it looks like youre doing way too much. 5 sets for every exercise??!!
    for each muscle group id only do about a total of about 9 or so. even less for smaller ones like tri/bis,etc. remember, its really important to not train longer than about an hour.
    on leg day, i suggest dropping hacks, and adding a couple sets of leg presses, and stiff-leg deadlifts. cant forget the hamstrings.
    for chest, if youre going to do all those just make sure the total sets is about 9 or so.
    same with arms. total sets should be around 5or6 for each at the very most.(remember, one hour)
    increase the weight, drop the sets, and increase the rest time between sets.
    "...but fools despise wisdom and discipline."

Re: time in the gym

Originally posted by Animal0101
    i'm usually in the gym anywhere from 1 1/2 to 2 hours with 1 min. rest in between reps
    Labouche is right.. This is way to long. you are on a fast track to overtraining. Either lower the sets or lower the excersises.

Thumbs up

it seems that if i don't train hard in long amounts it feels like i'm not getting bigger. So if i just up the weight and lessen the reps it should help me?

also should i do anycardio i do about 5 min. on a stair climber for warm up.

Cool

Yes to both.