Blasphemy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Blasphemy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Blasphemy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Blasphemy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Blasphemy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Blasphemy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Blasphemy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Blasphemy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Blasphemy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Blasphemy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Blasphemy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

How many pounds equals 1% of body fat?

...well?
    ||Steeler||

YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Doesnt even work like that my friend....you need a lesson in body composition....

Blasphemy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Blasphemy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Blasphemy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Blasphemy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Blasphemy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Blasphemy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Blasphemy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Blasphemy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Blasphemy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Blasphemy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Blasphemy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by YellowJacket
    Doesnt even work like that my friend....you need a lesson in body composition....
    I guess I do, my friend,
    ||Steeler||

YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Of course 39 grams of fat equals 1 pound.

RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Re: How many pounds equals 1% of body fat?

2.45682lbs = 1% bf

Re: Re: How many pounds equals 1% of body fat?

Originally posted by McBain
    2.45682lbs = 1% bf
    so 2 lbs is 1%? =\
    ||Steeler||

Re: Re: How many pounds equals 1% of body fat?

Originally posted by McBain
    2.45682lbs = 1% bf
    Ok, so if I weigh 220 that means Im 88% BF?

wimpybiceps has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    well it is all relative to how much lean body mass you have. for example, lets say you have 100 pounds of lean body mass and you weigh 120 pounds. therefore you would have 20 percent body fat because 1 pound=1% bf.

guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Come on people. Isn't this common sense? How many of you took middle school math? What is a percentage? If you weigh 100 and you are 10% body fat, how many pounds of fat do you have?

PS: That would make a nice question on the next test I give to the 6th grade students that I tutor. Its too bad some adults on here can't do it. Sorry if I sound pissed, but I think I have the right to be.

Originally posted by guitarguy
    Come on people. Isn't this common sense? How many of you took middle school math? What is a percentage? If you weigh 100 and you are 10% body fat, how many pounds of fat do you have?

PS: That would make a nice question on the next test I give to the 6th grade students that I tutor. Its too bad some adults on here can't do it. Sorry if I sound pissed, but I think I have the right to be.
    Well you keep your degree in middle school math and dont step into nutrition because you know just enough to be dangerous....this question is irrelevent to start with.....you cant take your weight and divide, multiply, add, or subtract a number to get your bodyfat, this has to be done with calipers, under water weighing, etc. No math equation will give you an accurate measurement.

guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by YellowJacket
    Well you keep your degree in middle school math and dont step into nutrition because you know just enough to be dangerous....this question is irrelevent to start with.....you cant take your weight and divide, multiply, add, or subtract a number to get your bodyfat, this has to be done with calipers, under water weighing, etc. No math equation will give you an accurate measurement.
    Wow, you know how to measure bodyfat...should I be impressed? I wasn't stating how to measure bodyfat, this should be obvious. I was stating how to calculate fat lbs from bodyfat measurements.

thugluv is just really nice. (+1000) thugluv is just really nice. (+1000) thugluv is just really nice. (+1000) thugluv is just really nice. (+1000) thugluv is just really nice. (+1000) thugluv is just really nice. (+1000) thugluv is just really nice. (+1000) thugluv is just really nice. (+1000) thugluv is just really nice. (+1000) thugluv is just really nice. (+1000) thugluv is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by wimpybiceps
    well it is all relative to how much lean body mass you have. for example, lets say you have 100 pounds of lean body mass and you weigh 120 pounds. therefore you would have 20 percent body fat because 1 pound=1% bf.
    thats really stupid? 20 % fat? What about bones, organs, water weight?
    I rape back.
    If you were half as good as me you'd be close to perfection.
    "Shortcuts are for pussies. You need to work your ass off." - Brock Lesnar

psikooz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psikooz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psikooz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psikooz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psikooz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psikooz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psikooz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psikooz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psikooz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psikooz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psikooz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    omg, i cant believe this thread.

OK, we all know that to obtain your body fat percentage you need to use calipers, but that wasnt the question, the question was on how to find out the weight of that fat using a givin body fat percentage.. This is simple..

Heres an example:

I weigh 165 my body fat percentage is around 8%.

This means that 8% of my weight is fat, so what i do is multiply my weight 165 times by bodyfat % in decimal form, in this case the equation would look like this:

x .08 , if my body fat % was 15% i would multiply by .15.

The result is 13.2, that number is the amount of fat in lbs that i am carrying.

My Lean bodymass is 151.8lbs, i get that by subtracting the weight of fat from my total weight.

PureMucle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PureMucle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PureMucle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PureMucle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PureMucle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PureMucle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PureMucle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PureMucle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PureMucle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PureMucle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PureMucle is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

YES

Originally posted by guitarguy

BUMP THAT!!! Common sense for sure!
    27 1/2 pounds in 3 months... NOW it time to BULK to 180!!!err

Salsero75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So if I'm 195lbs & 17.4% BF and I was
    190 lbs 18.4% BF who much fat I lost and how much muscles I gain...?

7 lbs in muscles....

mikeyluwshs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mikeyluwshs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mikeyluwshs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mikeyluwshs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mikeyluwshs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mikeyluwshs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mikeyluwshs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mikeyluwshs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mikeyluwshs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mikeyluwshs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mikeyluwshs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i'm 190lb 15-25% bodyfat lol^

everyones different
    Gym=405/270/455 (1130)
    Meet=391.3/264.6/479.5 (1135.4)

jetzy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thank you. I was told I lost 2% of body fat in 4 weeks since I started my program and gain almost 2 pound of weight. So I was left in the clouds.

jlhflex jlhflex jlhflex jlhflex jlhflex jlhflex jlhflex jlhflex jlhflex jlhflex jlhflex
    You really can't give an estimate of the number of pounds per percentage.... It's going to vary per person. 1% of body fat on a 150 lb person is not the same as 1% of body fat on a 250 lb person.... We talk about percentages of body fat we're talking about the body composition of a person not the the weight of 1 lb of body fat. 1 lb of body fat is just that 1 lb of body fat. Holy crap I can't believe this thread is actually arguing over this. No wonder People have no idea what they're doing in the gym
    "It's as satisfying to me as, uh, cumming is, you know? As, ah, having sex with a woman and cumming. And so can you believe how much I am in heaven? I am like, uh, getting the feeling of cumming in a gym, I'm getting the feeling of cumming at home, I'm getting the feeling of cumming backstage when I pump up, when I pose in front of 5,000 people, I get the same feeling, so I am cumming day and night. I mean, it's terrific. Right? So you know, I am in heaven." Arnold