ShannonC_77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShannonC_77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShannonC_77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShannonC_77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShannonC_77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShannonC_77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShannonC_77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShannonC_77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShannonC_77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShannonC_77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShannonC_77 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

taking the weekends off?

How many of you guys take the weekends off from training? And if you do, do you do anything? (like cardio or other activities)?

Diego Sanchez is just really nice. (+1000) Diego Sanchez is just really nice. (+1000) Diego Sanchez is just really nice. (+1000) Diego Sanchez is just really nice. (+1000) Diego Sanchez is just really nice. (+1000) Diego Sanchez is just really nice. (+1000) Diego Sanchez is just really nice. (+1000) Diego Sanchez is just really nice. (+1000) Diego Sanchez is just really nice. (+1000) Diego Sanchez is just really nice. (+1000) Diego Sanchez is just really nice. (+1000)
    I do. I don't do much except eat and watch sports and maybe go to work if I feel like it. I'm trying to bulk though.

Buff bride to be imperfectly_lou's Avatar
    imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I actually have had my best results when I have taken two consecutive days off from training. The most I did was occasionally walk my dog but it was recovery time well earnt!

florida girl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I almost always take the weekends off (totally). I have found that by Friday's workout I am usually exhausted and sore everywhere. If I take the weekend off, I am fresh and ready to hit it hard again on Monday. Taking the weekend off does not included diet though. I adhere to it strictly, always.

VanillaBean_21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VanillaBean_21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VanillaBean_21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VanillaBean_21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VanillaBean_21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VanillaBean_21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VanillaBean_21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VanillaBean_21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VanillaBean_21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VanillaBean_21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VanillaBean_21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i have to take the weekends off because I work saturdays all day and my gym isn't open on sundays.

Superhulkchild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Superhulkchild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Superhulkchild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Superhulkchild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Superhulkchild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Superhulkchild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Myself, I NEVER TAKE THE WEEKENDS OFF. haha, you see lifting is my life, and when a normal person is out partying "having the best time of there life", I am out lifting "MAKING the best time of my life". I for one LOVE lifting on the weekends because I don't have school, and I don't have anything normally, and I can get completely readied and physced up to lift, I can plan it EXACTLY as I want, and I don't have to be in any rush WHATSOEVER.

Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Weekends are actually my more "on" days. Since I work M-F, I love to spend most of time @ the gym on the weekend.

Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000)
    I take the weekends totally off. From diet and work outs. The most activity I get on the weekends is if I am going to the store or cleaning up the house. OF course, I'm also not training to compete.

Oh yeah ... and I have to take it off anyway .. because the gym is closed on the weekends.
    Last edited by Ninja J; 12-12-2005 at 07:51 AM.
    Jonathan Alexander was born 8-11-08
    8-11-08: 5lbs 12oz, 19 inches long
    8-13-08: 5lbs 6oz
    8-25-08: 7lbs, 19.5 inches long
    10-14-08: 11lbs 12oz, 21.75 in. long

lilpeanut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I always take the weekends off. I need to let my body recover. When I keep going I can't do as much and I start to get sick. My body really responds to a few days off and then I can go back on monday and give 100%. It is not good to workout everyday without a break. On the weekends we do other fun like in the summer we have a boat and so we swim, ski and do all that. In the winter we have snowmobiles. It is still exercise, but different and more family fun.
    Take a break! Your body will thank you

J
    It is taking forever, but I AM GETTING THERE! Education, hard work, determination and lots of sweat!
    5' 2 3/4"
    127 lbs
    34 yrs old

sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000)
    When I have taken the weekends off, by the time I get to the gym on Monday I am pumped, more motivated, and have much more strength!

mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If I train 5 days in a row then I take the weekend off and I don't do anything except rest. Of course the weekends means that I'm grocery shopping, cooking, cleaning, playing with the kids, studying, visiting family...probably more stuff than what I do during the week.
    During the summer I like to go for a long run on Saturday or Sunday mornings.

lilpeanut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mommy*2*3
    If I train 5 days in a row then I take the weekend off and I don't do anything except rest. Of course the weekends means that I'm grocery shopping, cooking, cleaning, playing with the kids, studying, visiting family...probably more stuff than what I do during the week.
    During the summer I like to go for a long run on Saturday or Sunday mornings.
    Ha ha isn't that the truth! Define a day off...
    It is taking forever, but I AM GETTING THERE! Education, hard work, determination and lots of sweat!
    5' 2 3/4"
    127 lbs
    34 yrs old