Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    it's a joke, really all_hail_islam's Avatar
    all_hail_islam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) all_hail_islam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) all_hail_islam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) all_hail_islam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) all_hail_islam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) all_hail_islam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

high reps burn the fat around the targeted area?

okay i know how countless people say high reps does not "tone" your body, and cardio and diet does. but, doesnt the high amount of repetitions burn the fat around the targeted area? or maybe what im saying is the same definition of toning and it isnt true?

grow stronger comrade rockhuddy's Avatar
    rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by all_hail_islam
    okay i know how countless people say high reps does not "tone" your body, and cardio and diet does. but, doesnt the high amount of repetitions burn the fat around the targeted area? or maybe what im saying is the same definition of toning and it isnt true?
    This is absolutely not true. Cardio and diet are the best ways to reduce body fat, and this reduction is applied to all body fat in proportion. You cannot spot reduce, and burn fat on, say, just the abs. I don't remember who, someone related fat loss to draining a swimming pool; you can't drain the deep end before the shallow end- everything drains at the same rate.
    "If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Ladies Love Squat Butt Morbid_Mind's Avatar
    Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It burns more calories. It doesn't selectivly burn fat from the area. That's near impossible.
    My Goals:

For to make the heavy weights light and the baggy clothes tight.

PoW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PoW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PoW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PoW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PoW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PoW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PoW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PoW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PoW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PoW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PoW is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I answer to no one with all hail islam in their name, joke or not.

rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by PoW
    If my name was "All Hail Jesus" would you reply to me?
    "If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

PoW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PoW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PoW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PoW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PoW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PoW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PoW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PoW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PoW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PoW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PoW is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by rockhuddy
    If my name was "All Hail Jesus" would you reply to me?
    Absolutely

all_hail_islam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) all_hail_islam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) all_hail_islam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) all_hail_islam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) all_hail_islam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) all_hail_islam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by PoW
    stfu, american pig

stfu, american pig
    You stfu, a*shole. Now you've insulted me too, as well as about 90% of this board. And you sure are making yourself look good by handling pow's bigoted remark with class.

Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs down

stfu, american pig
    Wow... strong stupidity. Enjoy your stay in the red.
    Audentis Fortuna Iuvat

aZn PEC-age has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aZn PEC-age has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aZn PEC-age has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aZn PEC-age has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aZn PEC-age has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aZn PEC-age has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aZn PEC-age has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aZn PEC-age has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aZn PEC-age has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aZn PEC-age has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aZn PEC-age has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Exclamation No

"Toned" and "Defined" are looks you can acheive through having a lot of muscle mass and low bodyfat levels. There are methods of building muscle and methods of losing fat. There is no such thing as toning a muscle.
    17 years
    200 lbs
    5' 11"
    Well, I am massive...

Here is a picture of me:

__________oO {} Oo_____________
    _______ (/) \[ ][ ]/ (\)____________
    _________(\) |88| (/)____________
    __[[[[[[[==0======0===]]]]]]]]___

lmao do you guys not realize that i can make a new account within 30 seconds? no point of neg repping me

do you guys not realize that i can make a new account within 30 seconds?
    Fine with me, as long as you don't say anything stupid next time.

Registered User AnaerobicAndrew's Avatar
    AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000)
    Nope, sorry, you cant spot check parts of your body like that. That would be great though, wouldnt it.
    "Swim 2.4 miles. Bike 112 miles. Run 26.2 miles. BRAG for the rest of your life." IRONMAN TRIATHLON

Es gibt keinen anderen Teufel als den wir in unserem eigenen Herzen haben.

Misc Armchair Counsellor MantisShrimp's Avatar
    MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Spot Reduction Myth

Contrary to what the info commercials suggest, there is no such thing as spot reduction. Fat is lost throughout the body in a pattern dependent upon genetics, sex (hormones), and age. Overall body fat must be reduced to lose fat in any particular area. Although fat is lost or gained throughout the body, it seems the last area to become lean or the first area to get fat is the midsection (in men and some women) and hips and thighs (in women and few men). Sit-ups, crunches, leg-hip raises, leg raises, hip adduction, hip abduction, etc. will only exercise the muscles under the fat.

All hail secularism.
    Live Laugh Love,
    MantisShrimp
    Misc Armchair Counsellor

dsoul27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dsoul27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dsoul27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dsoul27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dsoul27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dsoul27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dsoul27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dsoul27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dsoul27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dsoul27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dsoul27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    stfu, american pig

look at this tough guy
    Post clever signature here.....

anybody with 50+ reps feel free to give me one....

uber_buff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uber_buff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uber_buff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uber_buff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uber_buff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uber_buff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uber_buff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uber_buff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uber_buff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uber_buff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uber_buff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i laugh at people who are doing high rep low wieght stuff really quickly.Its bassicaly pointless.seeing grown people crank 30 curls at 15lbs is ghay
    supps

cell biolgy whey
    muscle tab

Markel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Markel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by uber_buff
    i laugh at people who are doing high rep low wieght stuff really quickly.Its bassicaly pointless.seeing grown people crank 30 curls at 15lbs is ghay
    unless its a warmup

Location: Liverpool, Merseyside, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by dsoul27
    look at this tough guy

PoW insulted him first by insulting Islam, so he got personal back.

Dont give out digs if you cant take them. Next this thread will end being a fight between the americans and muslims. Not to mention under his name says its a joke.

So pack it in the lot of you. This board if getting way too f*cked. We got enough egos going around.
    - NOTICE: Not all posts represent my own opinion. I enjoy playing devil's advocate.

icepack will become famous soon enough. (+50) icepack will become famous soon enough. (+50) icepack will become famous soon enough. (+50) icepack will become famous soon enough. (+50) icepack will become famous soon enough. (+50) icepack will become famous soon enough. (+50) icepack will become famous soon enough. (+50) icepack will become famous soon enough. (+50) icepack will become famous soon enough. (+50) icepack will become famous soon enough. (+50) icepack will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Question

yes i do not understand this. i am a fitness instructor. and all the PT's in my gym say that doing 15+ reps tones the muscle.

what does it actually do. doing 15+ reps?

is it just maintaining the muscle you have or what?

i told them that to get cut/lean/define etc you need to alter your diet and add in cardio days. i said the weight and reps do not matter. but they said it does????
    Starting Weight: 125lbs - dec 2004
    Weight Now: 190lbs - April 2009
    Future Goal: 200lbs
    Height: 5ft 8inches
    Training Time: 4years 5Months

Updated: April 09
    Pic is in my Profile!!
    65lbs gained - 4years 2Months

" Bodybuilding starts from the fridge! that doesnt mean deadlift it! " LOL

darklight79 is a name known to all. (+5000) darklight79 is a name known to all. (+5000) darklight79 is a name known to all. (+5000) darklight79 is a name known to all. (+5000) darklight79 is a name known to all. (+5000) darklight79 is a name known to all. (+5000) darklight79 is a name known to all. (+5000) darklight79 is a name known to all. (+5000) darklight79 is a name known to all. (+5000) darklight79 is a name known to all. (+5000) darklight79 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You can't spot reduce. Doing that burns overall bodyfat maybe, but i don't believe in spot reduction. Diet and cardio are your best friends.
    *Someday I want to meet this "Everyone," he seems to have written so very much, yet all of it is wrong.
    *Nature is the master of design, and knowledge is the master of nature.
    *Uncertainty is the seed of all knowledge - it is the catalyst of investigation

darklight79 is a name known to all. (+5000) darklight79 is a name known to all. (+5000) darklight79 is a name known to all. (+5000) darklight79 is a name known to all. (+5000) darklight79 is a name known to all. (+5000) darklight79 is a name known to all. (+5000) darklight79 is a name known to all. (+5000) darklight79 is a name known to all. (+5000) darklight79 is a name known to all. (+5000) darklight79 is a name known to all. (+5000) darklight79 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by icepack
    yes i do not understand this. i am a fitness instructor. and all the PT's in my gym say that doing 15+ reps tones the muscle.

what does it actually do. doing 15+ reps?

is it just maintaining the muscle you have or what?

i told them that to get cut/lean/define etc you need to alter your diet and add in cardio days. i said the weight and reps do not matter. but they said it does????
    A lot of PT's are idiots. Especially when it comes to nutrition also. There are a few PT's however, that know their stuff, but they're really rare. The veterans in this forum know way a lot more than the typical PT's.
    *Someday I want to meet this "Everyone," he seems to have written so very much, yet all of it is wrong.

Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    lmao do you guys not realize that i can make a new account within 30 seconds? no point of neg repping me
    do you not realize we will know it is you because of your dumba*s comments. We have gone over this before with you. Spot reduction is not possible for fat loss. It is not possible. A 5th grade understanding of anatomy would tell you this.

I don't mind people who ask questions and don't know. I have asked stupid questions in my day. But.....we have told you this a hundred times in other threads YOU CANNOT SPOT REDUCE FAT! It doesn't even make sense to think that.

So please, there is no need to keep asking this question just because people tell you no, it's not possible.
    Last edited by Flex500; 12-12-2005 at 07:02 AM.

stfu, american pig
    Okay. I just read this one. If i saw that earlier, i wouldn't have bothered replying you. Wtf is your problem???

Originally Posted by darklight79
    Okay. I just read this one. If i saw that earlier, i wouldn't have bothered replying you. Wtf is your problem???
    His problem is that his religion (I assume he's Muslim) just got bashed by PoW, and he's choosing to respond with class and tact (sarcasm here).

Trinigal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If anyone elses religion was attacked it may have been the same thing...anyways that is pretty off topic

masta_mo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masta_mo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masta_mo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masta_mo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masta_mo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masta_mo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masta_mo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masta_mo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masta_mo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masta_mo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masta_mo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    isn't this the idea.....the more muslce you gain in that area the faster the metabolism around the area therefore making you lose a bit of fat around that area. for example if you had fatty arms, and decided to work out the biceps and triceps, doesn't your metabolism around that area increase therefore losing fat and becoming more toned in the arm region..........correct me if im wrong! (i prolly am)
    whey all the way to becoming lean and mean!

"Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but don't nobody want to lift no heavy-ass weights!"- ronnie coleman 8x MR.O

anyone that would like 5% off any order at myprotein.co <--.uk type in MP13902 at the chekout!!

W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Adipose tissue is innervated by the sympathetic nervous system. When it fires off, it does it everywhere. You can't choose to have it fire off in one spot.

As for the childish fighting, don't hate a person because of their religion, hate them because they're stupid
    I don't know either lol

W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by masta_mo
    isn't this the idea.....the more muslce you gain in that area the faster the metabolism around the area therefore making you lose a bit of fat around that area. for example if you had fatty arms, and decided to work out the biceps and triceps, doesn't your metabolism around that area increase therefore losing fat and becoming more toned in the arm region..........correct me if im wrong! (i prolly am)
    The logic is there. You'd think that the body would take the closest source of fuel to the muscle being worked. However, the muscles don't use fat as fuel(with the exception of cardio)
    I don't know either lol

Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by masta_mo
    increasing muscle will increase your overall metabolism and in incease in metabolism will help you burn fat throughout the body. W8 said it perfectly (both paragraphs)

uber_buff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uber_buff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uber_buff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uber_buff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uber_buff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uber_buff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uber_buff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uber_buff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uber_buff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uber_buff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uber_buff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ive found that after doing heavy weights for 4 months or just a bit more my metabalism has increased dramaticcly.I used to tend to put weight on easy but now i find it hard to put on weight without eating heaps.Its a good thing and a bad thing.
    supps

cell biolgy whey
    muscle tab