musclar smurfette Sunshineslynn's Avatar
    Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Exclamation What is your take on this

I was emailed this I am not sure what to think....please enlighten me...

Pass the butter ~ ~ ~ ~ This is interesting

Margarine was originally manufactured to fatten turkeys.
    When it killed the turkeys, the people who had put all the money into
    the research wanted a payback so they put their heads together to
    figure out what to do with this product to get their money back. It
    was a white substance with no food appeal so they added the yellow
    coloring and sold it to people to use in place of butter. How do you
    like it? They have come out with some clever new flavourings.

DO YOU KNOW...the difference between margarine and butter?
    Read on to the end...gets very interesting!

Both have the same amount of calories.

Butter is slightly higher in saturated fats at 8 grams compared to 5
    grams.

Eating margarine can increase heart disease in women by 53% over
    eating the same amount of butter, according to a recent Harvard
    Medical
    Study.

Eating butter increases the absorption of many other nutrients in
    other
    foods.

Butter has many nutritional benefits where margarine has a few only
    because they are added!

Butter tastes much better than margarine and it can enhance the
    flavours
    of other foods.

Butter has been around for centuries where margarine has been
    around for less than 100 years.

And now, for Margarine..

Very high in trans fatty acids.

Triple risk of coronary heart disease.

Increases total cholesterol and LDL (this is the bad cholesterol) and
    lowers HDL cholesterol, (the good cholesterol)

Increases the risk of cancers up to five fold.

Lowers quality of breast milk.

Decreases immune response.

Decreases insulin response.

And here's the most disturbing fact.... HERE IS THE PART THAT IS
    VERY INTERESTING!

Margarine is but ONE MOLECULE away from being PLASTIC..

This fact alone was enough to have me avoiding margarine for
    life and anything else that is hydrogenated (this means hydrogen is
    added,changing the molecular structure of the substance).

You can try this yourself:

Purchase a tub of margarine and leave it in your garage or shaded
    area. Within a couple of days you will note a couple of things:

No flies, not even those pesky fruit flies will go near it
    (that should tell you something)

It does not rot or smell differently because it has no nutritional
    value;

Nothing will grow on it Even those teeny weeny microorganisms
    will not a find a home to grow. Why? Because it is nearly plastic.
    Would
    you melt your Tupperware and spread that on your toast?

smiles
    s
    "You can't take some pill and hope your fat will jump off of you like you have the plague. You must work out and eat clean to have a lean, green, fighting machine." Sunshineslynn

'If you always do what you always did, then you will always get what you always do'

I dip, you dip, we all dip....dip to the east, dip to the west ......dip to get that tricep.

DolphinGrl222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wow thats really interesting..i knew it was bad for ya but not HORRIBLE! Great post!

She-Hulk in the making IronMaiden1522's Avatar
    IronMaiden1522 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronMaiden1522 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronMaiden1522 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronMaiden1522 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronMaiden1522 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronMaiden1522 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronMaiden1522 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronMaiden1522 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronMaiden1522 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronMaiden1522 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronMaiden1522 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Yikes!! I dont normally eat butter or margarine, but if I do and there is an option i will stay away from the margarine!

mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yes, it's all true. I found out about that years ago and will not touch margarine with a ten foot pole. If you want to continue your investigation...you'll find out that organic butter is even more beneficial that non-organic butter mainly because of the higher content of CLA (conjugated linoleic acid) which is so good for us. Non-organic butter has been found to contain more than 30 differerent chemical contaminants.

Hydrogenated oil which is what makes up margarine is what is one molecule away from plastic. Hydrogenated oil is in many different foods. Anything from dressings to cookies to peanut butter. Stick with natural foods as much as possible and you'll be a lot better off.

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Another thing they keep forgetting to mention. While there is a very loose link between high cholesterol levels and heart disease in men, there is none at all in women. In fact, two different studies, one in Canada, one in France, found that the women with the highest cholesterol levels had the longest life expectancy.

Studies done on men found that the ones who ate butter rather than margarine tended to have higher cholesterol, but were less likely to die or have a heart attack. For women, there is no question, eat your butter, it's good for you.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000)
    holy s**t!! i'm glad now i listened to my mom - she always told me to stay away from margarine-go for the butter. tx!!