novakcyc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question in regards to Dextrose (creatine related)

Hey all, I read a bunch of threads on here in regards to creatine.
    I was just about to purchase cell tech but after reading many threads im steering away from the purchase.

So I have a couple of questions.
    I found Prolab Creatine Monohydrate on a site I purchased my protein off of for around $21 us, shipping is about $13 US and this is a 600 gram supply which I calculated to be approximately 4 mths which I plan on taking 5 grams daily on it. Still deciding if I should load or not, I probably will be loading for the first 5 days at around 20-25G.

Anyhow, what do you guys think about the above protein and it's cost?

Also, what dextrose brand do you recommend?

One last question, how much grams of dextrose should I mix with 5 grams of Creatine Monohydrate (couldn't find this answer anywhere on the forums)

thx guys

deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by novakcyc
    I was just about to purchase cell tech but after reading many threads im steering away from the purchase.

I found Prolab Creatine Monohydrate on a site I purchased my protein off of for around $21 us, shipping is about $13 US and this is a 600 gram supply which I calculated to be approximately 4 mths which I plan on taking 5 grams daily on it. Still deciding if I should load or not, I probably will be loading for the first 5 days at around 20-25G.

One last question, how much grams of dextrose should I mix with 5 grams of Creatine Monohydrate (couldn't find this answer anywhere on the forums)

thx guys
    1. Loading isn't necessary.
    2. Dextrose is optimal but not always practical. Consider any non-cocktail fruit juice, gatorade or gatorade powder (what I use PWO), etc.
    3. 30-50 grams IMO
    4. Cell-Tech isn't crap there are just more cost effective supplements out there.
    "I just use my muscles as a conversation piece, like someone walking a cheetah down 42nd Street." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Heretic....

thx for the reply

pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

thx guys
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=417126

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...03&postcount=2
    Last edited by pu12en12g; 12-11-2005 at 02:59 AM.
    Free agent
    Research and Development Consultant
    11+ Years Experience

excellent link, thx

Do you think its better to take say 2.5 grams of creatine before workout and the other 2.5 after workout? Or can I just take the entire 5 after workout?

Also, is it ok to have a protein shake, creatine dosage/shake and then eat after workout? will I have any problems if I do this or do I have to split everything up accordingly? say one hr in b/w everything..

Also one more thing, is it necessary to take creatine 7 days a week?

thx guys

dbl post..

pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    excellent link, thx

Do you think its better to take say 2.5 grams of creatine before workout and the other 2.5 after workout? Or can I just take the entire 5 after workout?
    That's fine, but I would experiment with the dosage. With creatine mono, I usually average around 10g-15g daily... but I am 250lbs.

Also, is it ok to have a protein shake, creatine dosage/shake and then eat after workout?
    Yes

do I have to split everything up accordingly? say one hr in b/w everything..
    No

Also one more thing, is it necessary to take creatine 7 days a week?
    No. But I do recommend it
    Free agent
    11+ Years Experience

thx for the response again

Im starting the cycle today.

Just want to clarify one more thing. Is taking 5 grams of dextrose ok with 5 grams of creatine mono? So basically gram for gram with creatine and dextrose. Or should I take a bigger dosage of dextrose?

Also for the loading, is it bad to have the entire 20-25 grams in one shake (for example in a protein shake) post workout?

thx again

Strength/Condition Coach jdiritto's Avatar
    jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Just want to clarify one more thing. Is taking 5 grams of dextrose ok with 5 grams of creatine mono? So basically gram for gram with creatine and dextrose. Or should I take a bigger dosage of dextrose?

Also for the loading, is it bad to have the entire 20-25 grams in one shake (for example in a protein shake) post workout?

thx again

more dex/sugar than the creatine.. ideally you want around 50g of a low GI spike sugar around your workout, and about 5-10g creatine mono post workout with the sugar...

when I was using dextrose I would put about 10g into my preworkout protein shake, and 40g into my post workou tprotein/creatine shake... when I had Xtend and was drinkin that during my workout I threw about 10g dextrose in there as well

100% addicted to winning dp13368's Avatar
    dp13368 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dp13368 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dp13368 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dp13368 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dp13368 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dp13368 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dp13368 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dp13368 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dp13368 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dp13368 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dp13368 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

thx again
    I would spread your doses out throughout the day. If you are loading just take 5g 4x per day for the first few days (loading's effectiveness is debatable)

For normal dosing just take 5g pre and 5g post-workout.

I would also consider using some whole carb source post-workout where you want 1/3 of your bodyweight in grams of protein and 1/2 of your bodyweight in grams of carbs.

For post-workout if you want to use dex, blend a combination of: whey+oats+dex
    2004 NCAA Men's Soccer Final 4
    2005 National #2 Ranking

"Everybody wants to know what I'm on. What am I on? I'm on my bike busting my ass six hours a day. What are you on?" -Lance

thx guys
    I suggest that you read this one:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=417126
    Free agent
    11+ Years Experience

thx again for the help guys

I actually just took like 40-50 grams of dextrose with my protein shake after the gym today and the shake was so nasty, I couldn't barely drink it b/c it was so sugary then my stomach killed for a bit.

As for the above thread, it was very informative, but im totally confused now. Theirs so many articles stating that dextrose is beneficial and then we have the above that states the opposite.

So im unsure on what to do now, I would rather not take it b/c its too sugary for my liking.

Rage (SoCal) has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rage (SoCal) has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rage (SoCal) has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rage (SoCal) has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rage (SoCal) has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rage (SoCal) has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rage (SoCal) has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rage (SoCal) has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rage (SoCal) has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rage (SoCal) has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rage (SoCal) has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yea.....start off with something less sugary, go buy some grape juice. I use 50 grams of dextrose in my post workout shake and have no problem, actually it makes my chocalate shake taste amazing. If your stomach is not strong it'll be hard for you to take 50 grams all at once, try to dillute it in more water.
    The World is Filled with Dumb People. Unfortunately, a lot of them want to lift weights.

Theirs so many articles stating that dextrose is beneficial and then we have the above that states the opposite.

So im unsure on what to do now, I would rather not take it b/c its too sugary for my liking.
    Short Version: Any carb source is fine
    Free agent
    11+ Years Experience

Strength/Condition Coach jdiritto's Avatar
    jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50)

I actually just took like 40-50 grams of dextrose with my protein shake after the gym today and the shake was so nasty, I couldn't barely drink it b/c it was so sugary then my stomach killed for a bit.

--- man up, you'll habituate to it

As for the above thread, it was very informative, but im totally confused now. Theirs so many articles stating that dextrose is beneficial and then we have the above that states the opposite.

when it comes down to it - take creatine with some kind of sugar..grape juice, dextrose, oats, gatorade are all common ones people use..whatever fits your personal prefernces is best I say - sure diff approaches may have better results but if you cant stomach dextrose powder , or are allergic to grape juice ya know, your really limited, but all that matters i sthat you take creatine mono with some kind of sugar to get it flowin into your muscles as much as possible

thats my honest two cents

thx a lot for the replies

I curently take like 15-20 grams of dextrose and the same amount of oats after work out. The dextrose I mix with my creatine and the oats I mix with my protein shake that I have right after the creatine.

this should be ok...