TrueKnight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool Splits, Van Damme Style

Hey,

I'm new so first off I want to say "Hi" to everyone...

Alright, what type of exercise or exercises should I do to get really flexible? I've been checking out these Van Damme movies, and I see how he easily does these splits. I also noticed that women really dig that...

I'd like to easily do splits, what path must I take to become that flexible?

If anyone knows the answer, thanks for your input.

getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    "Why would you want to eat a vegetable unless it was wrapped in bacon?" Michael Symon

Alwyn Cosgrove steals other peoples work.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124530811

firer0ck is just really nice. (+1000) firer0ck is just really nice. (+1000) firer0ck is just really nice. (+1000) firer0ck is just really nice. (+1000) firer0ck is just really nice. (+1000) firer0ck is just really nice. (+1000) firer0ck is just really nice. (+1000) firer0ck is just really nice. (+1000) firer0ck is just really nice. (+1000) firer0ck is just really nice. (+1000) firer0ck is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by TrueKnight
    Hey,

I'm new so first off I want to say "Hi" to everyone...

Alright, what type of exercise or exercises should I do to get really flexible? I've been checking out these Van Damme movies, and I see how he easily does these splits. I also noticed that women really dig that...

I'd like to easily do splits, what path must I take to become that flexible?

If anyone knows the answer, thanks for your input.
    are you serious?

Guy Fawkes is just really nice. (+1000) Guy Fawkes is just really nice. (+1000) Guy Fawkes is just really nice. (+1000) Guy Fawkes is just really nice. (+1000) Guy Fawkes is just really nice. (+1000) Guy Fawkes is just really nice. (+1000) Guy Fawkes is just really nice. (+1000) Guy Fawkes is just really nice. (+1000) Guy Fawkes is just really nice. (+1000) Guy Fawkes is just really nice. (+1000) Guy Fawkes is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think he is.
    170 lbs @ 10%, 185 lbs by summer 2011

\V/

Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well pavel says that your muscles are already capable of doing the splits, it just doesn't know it. When you train to do the splits you aren't actually trying to stretch the the actual muscle fibres. The reason you cannot do them naturally is becuse your cns is not used to that position so it will tighten the muscles as it attempts to protect the body from injury. What you are trying to do is train your cns to be able to relax your muscle fibres enough to do the splits. In other words the body has to learn that the split position is not going to injure it.
    Weight-198lbs
    Overhead Squat-158lbs
    Clean & Jerk-202lbs
    Snatch - 153lbs
    Deadlift - 400lbs

Slump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    http://www.bath.ac.uk/~masrjb/Stretch/stretching_7.html
    http://www.extremefitness.com/forum/...ad.php?t=34372

I recently got interested in learning how to do the split in order to increase my overall flexibility. I've supplied two links which I found googling.
    "It's easy to praise yourself when all is going right, but I believe true character is found through adversity" - Ray Lewis

"Your one f*ck fantasy" Shortfuze's Avatar
    Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    best way to do the splits, is by actually doing splits for long periods of time.
    For example, do a split to the point where you feel a strong stretch(and not a sharp shooting pain). Hold that position for 5 minutes. Next workout, do the same thing, and hold the position for 6 minutes as so on. Once you can hold the position easily for over 10 min(you'll need music or something to keep from getting bored), go deeper. You'll notice over time, you'll be going deeper and deeper into a split and achieve your goal. Also do split variations, like forward split and side split and hold the positions for 5 min at first and increase your time.

p.s Did you know some sumo wrestlers can easily do the split??
    *Simplicity is the key to life*

Thanks ZBlacktt for the mod rep!
    Thanks ForumSentinel for the admin rep!
    Thanks Gxp23 for the mod rep!
    Thanks 400LB Gorilla for the mod rep!
    Thanks CountryMike for admin rep!
    Thanks Nics1246 for mod rep!

I got married on August 24, 2013!!
    ლ(╹◡╹ლ)

Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    No one mentioned a very effective method for gaining flexibility, i believe its called neuromuscular facilitation. What u need to do is isometrically contract the muscle ur trying to stretch as much as u can, then stretch it as much as possible (but not to the point of pain!), contract it again, and u will find that the muscle will now stretch a little further than before. Do those on regular basis and u will gain flexibility much faster than with a conventional stretch.

Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Lee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Vadim Beliaev
    No one mentioned a very effective method for gaining flexibility, i believe its called neuromuscular facilitation. What u need to do is isometrically contract the muscle ur trying to stretch as much as u can, then stretch it as much as possible (but not to the point of pain!), contract it again, and u will find that the muscle will now stretch a little further than before. Do those on regular basis and u will gain flexibility much faster than with a conventional stretch.
    Yeah, you just stretch the muscle out and contract it hard for a certain amount of time, then you relax and quickly try to increase the stretch, repeat that a few times.
    Weight-198lbs
    Overhead Squat-158lbs
    Clean & Jerk-202lbs
    Snatch - 153lbs
    Deadlift - 400lbs