View Poll Results: How Many Push Ups Can You Do???

Voters
339. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - 10

14 4.13%
  • 11 - 20

19 5.60%
  • 21 - 30

42 12.39%
  • 31 - 40

61 17.99%
  • 41 - 50

65 19.17%
  • 51 - 60

41 12.09%
  • 61 - 70

26 7.67%
  • 71 - 80

28 8.26%
  • 81 - 90

9 2.65%
  • 91 - 100 Plus

34 10.03%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by drunkenmaster11 View Post
    Then dont post

that easy
    my bad, maybe I'll do a few tonight so I can post in here...

Originally Posted by bluedot View Post
    I looked all over for it. It was in the bottle of this delicious beer I'm holding!
    I didn't look there, maybe I will tonight!
    *No Crew*

theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Mozelstein View Post

Go for it, let us know...

o_O
    ★☆★ Full-Time Philadelphia Eagles Fan ★☆★

100% 中國人

USMC Infantry

Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by drunkenmaster11 View Post
    You could do 140 push ups without rest when you were 15 years old?

It's what I'm saying man, world-record owners got nothing on internet forumers. Hell, around here having broken some world record is a registration requirement.

I'd like to see ONE of all the people who have said they could do more than 40 push ups post up a video to prove it. NOTE: JUST ONE is enough.

For the record (before someone jumps me for it), I won't say how many I can do exactly because I hate posts like this, but I can do quite a few because of my army training, and I can safely say people outside the military that can do over 40 push ups WITH PROPER PUSH UP FORM are a minority (however around here, like I pointed out, it's nothing out of the ordinary).

This is like a "how much you bench?" thread. In the real world if you go to a gym you'll see 5% of the members lifting even 200lbs, yet outside the gyms that's below average. Weird...
    Last edited by Uriel_da_man; 01-09-2008 at 02:40 PM.

theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Uriel_da_man View Post
    It's what I'm saying man, world-record owners got nothing on internet forumers. Hell, around here having broken some world record is a registration requirement.

I'd like to see ONE of all the people who have said they could do more than 40 push ups post up a video to prove it. NOTE: JUST ONE is enough.

For the record (before someone jumps me for it), I won't say how many I can do exactly because I hate posts like this, but I can do quite a few because of my army training, and I can safely say people outside the military that can do over 40 push ups WITH PROPER PUSH UP FORM are a minority (however around here, like I pointed out, it's nothing out of the ordinary).

This is like a "how much you bench?" thread. In the real world if you go to a gym you'll see 5% of the members lifting even 200lbs, yet outside the gyms that's below average. Weird...
    Just 40? Ill take you up on that.

100% 中國人

USMC Infantry

Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    For the record, reference push up (the way it's supposed to be done in the military):

-Only parts of your body that can come in contact with the floor are your hands, toes and a slight tap of the chin and/or chest;
    -Feet and knees always together;
    -Legs stay perfectly straight and aligned with torso the whole time, head looking forward (to avoid hitting your nose on the floor, not cool);
    -Hands are low and tucked close to the ribs (sort of like a CGBP);
    -Chest taps the floor every repetition;
    -Elbows lock every repetition;
    -And remember, your back and hips NEVER move!

Compare with typical push up form:

-Elbows flared like a guillotine press;
    -Lots of moving the spine and hips for momentum and leverage;
    -Down to 3 inches off the floor and back up and call that one push up;
    -Feet wide apart to reduce workload;
    -Etc etc (I've seen **** you wouldn't believe, how hilarious it was).

Originally Posted by Uriel_da_man View Post
    For the record, reference push up (the way it's supposed to be done in the military):

-Only parts of your body that can come in contact with the floor are your hands, toes and a slight tap of the chin and/or chest;
    -Feet and knees always together;
    -Legs stay perfectly straight and aligned with torso the whole time, head looking forward (to avoid hitting your nose on the floor, not cool);
    -Hands are low and tucked close to the ribs (sort of like a CGBP);
    -Chest taps the floor every repetition;
    -Elbows lock every repetition;
    -And remember, your back and hips NEVER move!

Compare with typical push up form:

-Elbows flared like a guillotine press;
    -Lots of moving the spine and hips for momentum and leverage;
    -Down to 3 inches off the floor and back up and call that one push up;
    -Feet wide apart to reduce workload;
    -Etc etc (I've seen **** you wouldn't believe, how hilarious it was).
    You should send that to everybody. I hate seeing crappy push ups. Military is bad ass though.

100% 中國人

USMC Infantry

ASWEDE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ASWEDE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ASWEDE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ASWEDE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ASWEDE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ASWEDE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ASWEDE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ASWEDE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ASWEDE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ASWEDE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ASWEDE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Mozelstein View Post

If you don't find it in the first bottle, better have another.

I'll do a few tonight and give answer.

joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Inbetween 20-25 military style is as much as I do right now

koury79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) koury79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) koury79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) koury79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) koury79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

pushups

depends if there's a naked chick underneath me or not lol!!! Sorry that was untasteful I can probably do 80 or 90 straight with good form. If I cheated a little could probably get over 100

velaroo83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I did 59 in 60 seconds with at Coast Guard boot camp. Legitimate going down all the way too. Not hacking it like some other kids.

So nearly 11% of people who voted can almost do or be able to do over 100 pushups. When I made this pole I wasnt going to go as far as 100 Plus and when I did I only expected a few votes...

100% 中國人

USMC Infantry

I voted 100 just because, I can't do 100 straight.

Dr.FuzzyBallz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Not sure how many i can get now... i ahve always been very light for my hieght and age and all... so i could always do a decent amount for somebody that hadnt worked out, dont know how many now can do probably more i will check cant now really sore, but last year in gym i got 47 in a minute...

AmericanPsycho is on a distinguished road. (+10) AmericanPsycho is on a distinguished road. (+10) AmericanPsycho is on a distinguished road. (+10) AmericanPsycho is on a distinguished road. (+10) AmericanPsycho is on a distinguished road. (+10) AmericanPsycho is on a distinguished road. (+10) AmericanPsycho is on a distinguished road. (+10) AmericanPsycho is on a distinguished road. (+10) AmericanPsycho is on a distinguished road. (+10) AmericanPsycho is on a distinguished road. (+10) AmericanPsycho is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    50 is my usual set; 100 if I push myself pretty hard.

gixxer2184 is not very helpful. (-500) gixxer2184 is not very helpful. (-500) gixxer2184 is not very helpful. (-500) gixxer2184 is not very helpful. (-500) gixxer2184 is not very helpful. (-500) gixxer2184 is not very helpful. (-500) gixxer2184 is not very helpful. (-500) gixxer2184 is not very helpful. (-500) gixxer2184 is not very helpful. (-500) gixxer2184 is not very helpful. (-500) gixxer2184 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Again, why is this in workout programs section? I think the OP just posts generic threads to get attention, but that's just me.
    ئەنسیکلۆپێدیایFlorida Gators Crewئەنسیکلۆپێدیای

B.S. in Applied Physiology and Kinesiology
    College of Health and Human Performance
    University of Florida

Originally Posted by gixxer2184 View Post
    Again, why is this in workout programs section? I think the OP just posts generic threads to get attention, but that's just me.
    Dude, chill out man. It's a forum board. Im sorry if it's in the wrong section and I cant move it so your gonna have to deal with it. If it bothers you that much dont click on the thread. And dont say "it takes up space".

Why would I want to be getting attention on the internet anyways...It's a general question and over 200 people voted so obviously some people like it.

100% 中國人

USMC Infantry

Reapz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Reapz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Reapz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Reapz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Reapz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Reapz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Reapz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Reapz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Reapz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Reapz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Reapz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Back when I was young and took martial arts, my instructors made us do them on our knuckles. My wrists tend to get pissed at me when I bend them back like that a lot, so I still do them like that. I have calluses on my knuckles from my rug as a result. lol

Armydad2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My last APFT I preformed 104 in two minutes. The most I've ever done on a PT test was 108 after basic training.
    If you don't have anything you are willing to die for, than you have no reason to live.