noob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Pull ups and chin ups

Are pullups good for bicep devolpment???

Currently I can do about 8 reps or so...... but Im curious if I should start doing them because I was thinking that after I can do about 15 reps it wont be very effectvie...... (cause of hypertrophy) Or is it different for pullups because they are constantly stressing the bicep. Also when I do the other grip is that good too??? the one that works ur back more

Another question is there a way to attach weights to myself so it is harder????? if so how many reps should I aim for to be able to do......

And third question...... how many sets of each should I do 3 sets for bi and 3 for back???? ( on there coressponding day of course... (but I really like them cause big burn)

ANd last question is changing up my workouts like every day bad???? cause I have so many excercises I can do now and dont want to overtrain.....

John Henry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Use a dip belt.

Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000)
    A general rule is once you can do 12 pull-ups with good form, it's time to attach some weight.
    "Don't give up, your too strong"-Earl Simmons

MARYLAND STATE CUP NATURAL BODYBUILDING CHAMPIONSHIPS 2nd place Teen division

psikooz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psikooz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psikooz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psikooz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psikooz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psikooz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psikooz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psikooz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psikooz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psikooz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psikooz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Bump on the weighted pullups, arnold did those for his lats.

Once you can do 10-12 wide grip pullups attach a 10-20 weight using a dip belt, you should aim for 8 reps, then add more and get 6 reps, etc...

do you think there is anything else I could use besides going out and buying a dip belt??????

SUPERM4N is just really nice. (+1000) SUPERM4N is just really nice. (+1000) SUPERM4N is just really nice. (+1000) SUPERM4N is just really nice. (+1000) SUPERM4N is just really nice. (+1000) SUPERM4N is just really nice. (+1000) SUPERM4N is just really nice. (+1000) SUPERM4N is just really nice. (+1000) SUPERM4N is just really nice. (+1000) SUPERM4N is just really nice. (+1000) SUPERM4N is just really nice. (+1000)
    use a backpack
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle."

John Henry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Or do 'em one-handed.

Train smarter not harder amusclehead's Avatar
    amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i believe anymore than 8reps for pullups is pointless for maximum hypertrophy. once you can hit 8reps unweighted, 3sets, then start adding weights. start with +5, then +10, etc...

the key mistake people make is like starting out +25. Then they're only doing like 1/4 of the rep beause it's too heavy fo rthem

Remember, heavy weight+improper(incomplete) form=bad

Originally posted by John Henry
    Or do 'em one-handed.

lol

Originally posted by noob
    do you think there is anything else I could use besides going out and buying a dip belt??????
    no
    Booo

Back pack great idea that sound good?????

jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by noob
    Just hold the dumb bell between your feet. That's what I do since someone stole our gyms dip belt.
    Holding it with your feet keeps you from cheating by swinging your legs anyway...
    "These are the times in our lives that we can die and still survive"

amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally posted by jreynolds_4
    Just hold the dumb bell between your feet. That's what I do since someone stole our gyms dip belt.
    Holding it with your feet keeps you from cheating by swinging your legs anyway...
    haha, somebody stole them, lol.

if you have NOTHING else, i guess that'd work, but i really recommend you buy a belt. i used to hold the db between my feet and trust me, doing that you can't give it all. You have to split your attention between the db and the pullup, and it becomes quite challenging to do. Much better to just pay for the belt
    Booo

PattyMcFatty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PattyMcFatty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PattyMcFatty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PattyMcFatty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PattyMcFatty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PattyMcFatty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PattyMcFatty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PattyMcFatty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PattyMcFatty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PattyMcFatty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PattyMcFatty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by amusclehead
    haha, somebody stole them, lol.

if you have NOTHING else, i guess that'd work, but i really recommend you buy a belt. i used to hold the db between my feet and trust me, doing that you can't give it all. You have to split your attention between the db and the pullup, and it becomes quite challenging to do. Much better to just pay for the belt
    Between the DB and the pullup? I use DB's for my dips, and once it's inbetween my legs well, I don't even notice. Once you get some practice doing it DB's should be fine.
    At ease I puff treez till I look chinese and immigration says, "can we see yer greencard please?"

Mc_Garnicle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mc_Garnicle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mc_Garnicle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mc_Garnicle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mc_Garnicle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mc_Garnicle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mc_Garnicle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Thumbs up

So Lucky to find this post since i just got a metal rod and shoved it between 2 trees and my made my own chinup bar !

Originally posted by PattyMcFatty
    Between the DB and the pullup? I use DB's for my dips, and once it's inbetween my legs well, I don't even notice. Once you get some practice doing it DB's should be fine.
    i can imagine like 10-20pds being usable, but hell, i'm doing 50pds. on dips that that would be hella hard to work with a 50pd. db, lol
    Booo

jimpern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimpern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimpern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimpern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimpern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimpern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimpern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimpern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimpern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimpern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimpern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

It depends how you do them:

Remember that to concentrate on the biceps, your palms should be facing you.

If you do them with the palms facing away and a narrow grip, they will mainly work the forearms. If you use a wide grip, then it becomes mainly an exercise (and a great one!) for the lats.

PattyMcFatty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PattyMcFatty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PattyMcFatty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PattyMcFatty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PattyMcFatty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PattyMcFatty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PattyMcFatty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PattyMcFatty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PattyMcFatty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PattyMcFatty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PattyMcFatty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by amusclehead
    i can imagine like 10-20pds being usable, but hell, i'm doing 50pds. on dips that that would be hella hard to work with a 50pd. db, lol
    Ah, yeah. I was thinking like 15 pounds
    At ease I puff treez till I look chinese and immigration says, "can we see yer greencard please?"