idk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) idk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) idk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) idk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Schiek Wrist supports and lifting straps?

Schiek brand sells an item that its just a wrist support, but also a lifting strap that looks a lot like the wrist support, ill try to find links and post them later. whats the difference exactly? i wanted to buy a pair, especially after spraining my wrist. is there anyway to get straps that are maybe attachable? so i can wear the wrist support on some days, but then add on the straps for back/trap day? thanks in advance.

edit: found em
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/sck/liftdow.html
    or
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/sck/wrist.html
    they lookthe same to me.
    Last edited by idk; 12-09-2005 at 10:32 AM.

Orion35 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Orion35 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The "wrist strap" looks like just a wrist lifting strap. The picture shows a strap attached to it. A "wrist strap" is also called a "lifting strap". They are used to assist grip strength, such as deadlifting 300 lbs. or so and you need to be able to hold onto the barbell for more than a few reps.

I can't imagine a product that actually relieves strain on the wrist, while weight lifting. Anytime you use your hand you are going to be aggravating a sprain wrist, I would think. Not much could be done about that other than to allow time for it to heal fully.

I bought the Schiek wrist straps with dowels, they just arrived today. Work great. I was a bit confused by where the dowel was and what its function was, since the product's picture wasn't showing it. It's just a small plastic dowel inserted into the strap at the end of it. I wouldn't say its necessary, though. I just didn't want to have to rely on how well I wrap it. This way I can wrap it quickly a couple times and I'm done, because with my hand firmly on the dowel I know the strap isn't going to slip.