Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000)

flushing out lactic acid

I recently intensified my leg training and I've been getting some serious and painful lactic acid in my quads. I live in NYC, which is a walking city so I'm obviously aggravating the problem on a daily basis in just moving around. What can I do to get rid of this damned acid quicker?

HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Simple:

During training:
    Increse the weight, increase rest time, decrease the reps, go heavy with long rest periods this will prevent lactic acid buildup.

stretch and cool down right to get rid of the lactic acid from you muscles, very important.

Diet;
    Increase water intake
    take glutamine
    "In AUSTRALIA
    Each year there are 470 000 adverse events, 18 000 deaths, and 50 000 permanent disabilities arising from medical error and negligence each year. This is four times higher compared to the USA." (Second oppinion, GERMOV quote, page 293)

353 fatal car crashes were recorded on Australian roads in 2008 (RTA, 2008). You are 50 TIMES more likely to die from medical negligence from a DOCTOR compared to being fatally injured in a car crash and they say driving is dangerous.

SilverBack1983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SilverBack1983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SilverBack1983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SilverBack1983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SilverBack1983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SilverBack1983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SilverBack1983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SilverBack1983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SilverBack1983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SilverBack1983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SilverBack1983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Pump Freak 86 View Post
    I recently intensified my leg training and I've been getting some serious and painful lactic acid in my quads. I live in NYC, which is a walking city so I'm obviously aggravating the problem on a daily basis in just moving around. What can I do to get rid of this damned acid quicker?
    ? sounds like tendonitis man.

J,G has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J,G has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J,G has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J,G has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J,G has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J,G has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J,G has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J,G has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J,G has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J,G has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J,G has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    after your workout you might want to try and take a hot bath and massage it a little. it seemed to help reduce the pain from being sore in my chest when i massage it.

canders8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

NEVER take a hot bath IMMEDIATELY after a workout.

Hey PUmp Freak 86, whatever you do DO NOT take a hot bath right after you workout like this kid says. Taking a hot bath will increase the inflammatory response, what i recommend is taking a bath with ice, at 55 degrees Fahrenheit. Or try the hot/cold shower method where you blast hot and cold water for 2 minutes cycling the two 5-6 times. This will cause vasodilation and will flush out lactic acid. Also, the NEXT day you can take a really hot bath to sooth the delayed onset muscle soreness that you may have. I have had that problem from doing squats and leg press really heavy on the same day, and taking ice baths worked really well for me, as well as post exercise stretching.

Natural born world shaker Joezilla's Avatar
    Joezilla will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joezilla will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joezilla will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joezilla will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joezilla will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joezilla will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joezilla will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joezilla will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joezilla will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joezilla will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joezilla will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    what ive been doing is swimming or a half hour after a hard workout, dont need to push yourself just swim, pool at he gym is normally in the upper 60s - low 70s for temp and just getting the blood flowing really helps alot, i haven had any lactic acid issues since i started swimming after a hard set.