it's a joke, really all_hail_islam's Avatar
    all_hail_islam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) all_hail_islam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) all_hail_islam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) all_hail_islam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) all_hail_islam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) all_hail_islam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

hitting 8 reps for every exercises - okay?

for every exercise on my body, i try to hit exactly 8 reps. im gaining only for hypertrophy at the moment. is it okay that im doing this? or do some exercises require more/less reps for hypertrophy?

W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Your muscles will get used to it very quickly
    I don't know either lol

ProWrestler will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProWrestler will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProWrestler will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProWrestler will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProWrestler will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProWrestler will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProWrestler will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProWrestler will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProWrestler will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProWrestler will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProWrestler will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    using a set number of reps for everything is okay, if you do it like this:
    Let's use Squats for example. Week 1 you load the bar up with a weight you KNOW you can do 8 times. for ex. 250, set 1 you get 8 reps, set 2 you get 7 reps, set 3 you only get 6 reps. Stick with that weight for the next time you do squats and then lets say you get 8,8,7 add weight probably 5lbs maybe 10 if you get 8,8,8 add 10lbs for next week. If you keep pushing yourself and keep progressing it will work and you wont get used to it.
    PLEASE check-out my Training Team's site: www.ironbrothers.com

1160 Total @ 212 BW(Dec 9, 2006)
    Squat - 455
    Bench - 250
    Deadlift - 455

all_hail_islam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) all_hail_islam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) all_hail_islam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) all_hail_islam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) all_hail_islam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) all_hail_islam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    actually, thats basically what i do. i dont pick a certain weight and keep doing 8 reps...no way. i adjust my weight always to try to hit 8, but sometimes hit 9 or 7. for example if i do a set with 100 pounds and i do 9 reps, ill increase it by 5 pounds to try to hit 8. so yea, basically thats what you're saying

Suffers from mazophilia RavensFan2k3's Avatar
    RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    yeah thats the idea of progressive resistance. Once your body gets used to one weight, increase it so your muscles have to adapt to that new weight and grow...

Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by all_hail_islam
    for every exercise on my body, i try to hit exactly 8 reps. im gaining only for hypertrophy at the moment. is it okay that im doing this? or do some exercises require more/less reps for hypertrophy?
    people will agree and disagree, but I just say why?? We know one thing, your not going to get better development by using strictly 8 reps than someone who varies the reps. I just don't understand why you wouldn't mix it up. For instance on my back day I so something like this...

deadlifts....10,10,8,6,4,2
    barbell rows...12,10,8,6
    pullups...7-10, 4, sets
    seated low rows....3 sets of 7
    lat pulldowns...2 sets of 15

I mean if you are getting just crazy results go for it man. I guess I just don't understand why you wouldn't mix it up. I think many people for one exercise will stick with a certain range or a set number but I think it would be better to mix it up instead of doing every set and exercise the same reops.

Originally Posted by Flex500
    people will agree and disagree, but I just say why?? We know one thing, your not going to get better development by using strictly 8 reps than someone who varies the reps. I just don't understand why you wouldn't mix it up. For instance on my back day I so something like this...

deadlifts....10,10,8,6,4,2
    barbell rows...12,10,8,6
    pullups...7-10, 4, sets
    seated low rows....3 sets of 7
    lat pulldowns...2 sets of 15

I mean if you are getting just crazy results go for it man. I guess I just don't understand why you wouldn't mix it up. I think many people for one exercise will stick with a certain range or a set number but I think it would be better to mix it up instead of doing every set and exercise the same reops.
    well they say higher reps is for definition right? so i want to just gain as much muscle as i can right now, then cut it when im satisfied with my size

Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    well they say higher reps is for definition right? so i want to just gain as much muscle as i can right now, then cut it when im satisfied with my size
    No. Low body fat is good for definition. Either the muscle grows, or it doesn't.
    Audentis Fortuna Iuvat

fyrman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fyrman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fyrman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fyrman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fyrman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fyrman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fyrman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fyrman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fyrman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fyrman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know Im new here, but I love that people still think that high reps mean more cuts, its all diet, you have to have the clay before you can mold it, progressively increasing load is really the only way to get th"hypertrophy" effect

ProWrestler will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProWrestler will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProWrestler will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProWrestler will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProWrestler will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProWrestler will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProWrestler will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProWrestler will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProWrestler will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProWrestler will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProWrestler will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by fyrman
    I know Im new here, but I love that people still think that high reps mean more cuts, its all diet, you have to have the clay before you can mold it, progressively increasing load is really the only way to get th"hypertrophy" effect
    wtf are you talking about dude? Everybody knows that heavyweight w/ low reps equals SIZE and you gotta use light weight and alot or reps to get that definition and be really TONED. j/k, LMFAO. I have know idea why people still use that BS philosophy, no one who is actually "toned" uses that bs high reps=definition. I absolutely HATE that word too. "Toned" girls and all these little abercrombie guys say I dont wanna be big and blocky I just wanna be really tone. wtf is toned????

LOL!

Squat - 455
    Bench - 250
    Deadlift - 455

Originally Posted by ProWrestler
    wtf are you talking about dude? Everybody knows that heavyweight w/ low reps equals SIZE and you gotta use light weight and alot or reps to get that definition and be really TONED. j/k, LMFAO. I have know idea why people still use that BS philosophy, no one who is actually "toned" uses that bs high reps=definition. I absolutely HATE that word too. "Toned" girls and all these little abercrombie guys say I dont wanna be big and blocky I just wanna be really tone. wtf is toned????

LOL!
    stfu. you're saying arnold and milos are both wrong? HAH okay buddy. of course you know better than the greatest body builder of all time and a genius in bodybuilding. what was i thinking?

stfu. you're saying arnold and milos are both wrong? HAH okay buddy. of course you know better than the greatest body builder of all time and a genius in bodybuilding. what was i thinking?
    No actually Arnold was far from a genius in bb my friend, he was a great bodybuilder in HIS time not at all the greatest of all time and YES I am disagreeing with him and so will any other person on this whole effin forum that knows a thing about bodybuilding will tell you that DEFINITION comes from DIET and CARDIO and LOW bodyfat, not the low weight high reps. So go ahead and ask ANYONE with sense and they'll tell you that it is just a BS MYTH that is commonly practiced and preached but means NOTHING.

P.S. When the f*** did Milos say that high reps made for definition???????

Squat - 455
    Bench - 250
    Deadlift - 455

No actually Arnold was far from a genius in bb my friend, he was a great bodybuilder in HIS time not at all the greatest of all time and YES I am disagreeing with him and so will any other person on this whole effin forum that knows a thing about bodybuilding will tell you that DEFINITION comes from DIET and CARDIO and LOW bodyfat, not the low weight high reps. So go ahead and ask ANYONE with sense and they'll tell you that it is just a BS MYTH that is commonly practiced and preached but means NOTHING.

in his first fit show episode. TAKE THAT

and when i was referring to the genius in bodybuilding, i meant milos not arnold. but i would still refer to arnold as a genius as he revolutionized bodybuilding.

nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    and when i was referring to the genius in bodybuilding, i meant milos not arnold. but i would still refer to arnold as a genius as he revolutionized bodybuilding.

more of a pioneer then a genius

getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    seems he is saying that, and he would be right
    "Why would you want to eat a vegetable unless it was wrapped in bacon?" Michael Symon

Alwyn Cosgrove steals other peoples work.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124530811

Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    to be honest he is right. In fact this isn't even a topic for debate. It is known that defenition comes form diet and cardio, not high reps. To have definition you need to lose fat which you can do through diet and cardio.

Originally Posted by getgot211
    seems he is saying that, and he would be right
    Thank You Sir!

Originally Posted by Flex500
    to be honest he is right. In fact this isn't even a topic for debate. It is known that defenition comes form diet and cardio, not high reps. To have definition you need to lose fat which you can do through diet and cardio.
    And Thank you Sir!

all_hail_islam: When I made those original smart@$$ comments I was joking around with fyrman, I didnt say a f'n thing about you. I originally opened this thread to help you out, and I did by answering your questions and then telling you NOT to beleive that rediculous bullsh!t about high reps equals defintion. If you cant take the fact that I corrected you on beleiving the same misconception that THOUSANDS of people still follow to this day for some odd reason, then stay away from the forums b/c as Flex500 said, this isnt even a topic for debate it is merely a MYTH that is been disproven for a long ass time and EVERYONE with any sense knows its not true and will tell you its NOT true, so shall we keep bumpin this here thread up so more people can agree with me, or are you gonna accept and admit that you are wrong and stop making an a$$ of yourself????
    Last edited by ProWrestler; 12-08-2005 at 11:37 AM.

Squat - 455
    Bench - 250
    Deadlift - 455

lmao i just saw your pics prowrestler...fukin JOKES

uhoh! He's gonna start making fun of the way I looked 5 months ago b/c I proved that he is a fukking dumba$$. Where are your pics hotshot? I bet your half my size and your obviously half my intelligence and maturity. Grow up you immature, ignorant b!tch. Go bench the bar 40 or 50 times and then post some pics of you really defined chest, since high reps low weight will accomplish that.

Squat - 455
    Bench - 250
    Deadlift - 455

getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    .........*sigh*
    "Why would you want to eat a vegetable unless it was wrapped in bacon?" Michael Symon

Alwyn Cosgrove steals other peoples work.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124530811

uhoh! He's gonna start making fun of the way I looked 5 months ago b/c I proved that he is a fukking dumba$$. Where are your pics hotshot? I bet your half my size and your obviously half my intelligence and maturity. Grow up you immature, ignorant b!tch. Go bench the bar 40 or 50 times and then post some pics of you really defined chest, since high reps low weight will accomplish that.
    lmao no honestly you are really small. and how do you know more than me? just one small thing i was confused about, thats it. you dont even know me. and i just ASKED the question, i never tried it out so i wouldnt know. i have been training for hypertrophy since the beginning. i was so skinny last year my arms were probably as thin as your wrists. yet now, i might not be as strong as you since i do not powerlift, but trust me buddy, the bod's better. you really gotta start doing some more cardio. my muscles are probably around the same size as yours. except for the legs, you beat me there my friend. but you really need to work on definition man. the back is horrible too.

lmao no honestly you are really small. and how do you know more than me? just one small thing i was confused about, thats it. you dont even know me. and i just ASKED the question, i never tried it out so i wouldnt know. i have been training for hypertrophy since the beginning. i was so skinny last year my arms were probably as thin as your wrists. yet now, i might not be as strong as you since i do not powerlift, but trust me buddy, the bod's better. you really gotta start doing some more cardio. my muscles are probably around the same size as yours. except for the legs, you beat me there my friend. but you really need to work on definition man. the back is horrible too.
    hmm id like to correct the first sentence i wrote. i meant you're really small for someone who acts like he knows everything

hmm id like to correct the first sentence i wrote. i meant you're really small for someone who acts like he knows everything
    I know I dont know everything and I never stated that I did, buddy. I simply corrected you for stating a commonly used misconception that many people still beleive to this day for some reason. Then I called you a dumbass when you jumped down my throat and told me how wrong I was for telling the truth, b/c "Arnold said it, so its gotta be true." I know what my weak points are but Thanks for the critique. Those pics were taken 5 months ago and I weighed about 180 and Im 202 at nearly the same bodyfat as of this morning. You gotta have the muscle before you "work on your definition" So why would I stop gaining size now just to look more "defined" b/c you said so? That would be pretty stupid. I'll "work on my definition" actually known as CUTTING when I reach my BULKING goal, pal. Then we can compare pics, better yet we can get onstage together and have judges decide.

Squat - 455
    Bench - 250
    Deadlift - 455

BigRagu will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRagu will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRagu will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRagu will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRagu will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRagu will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRagu will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRagu will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRagu will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRagu will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRagu will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i think that each body reacts to different rep ranges.......... and i think people should work in many different rep ranges...... look at MP he is one of the strongest people in the world (and all time) and some of his excerises he uses high reps.......some weeks i work heavy but some i go for higher reps..

b.d. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) b.d. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) b.d. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) b.d. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) b.d. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) b.d. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) b.d. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) b.d. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) b.d. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) b.d. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) b.d. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by W8isGR8
    Your muscles will get used to it very quickly
    to an extent, but if you go up in a couple reps,or a slightly higher weight each week it should be alright.but change is good.
    SMASH IT UP!
    LONG LIVE JOEY RAMONE.