BiigJohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) BiigJohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) BiigJohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) BiigJohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) BiigJohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) BiigJohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) BiigJohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) BiigJohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) BiigJohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) BiigJohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) BiigJohn is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Elbow Pain while doing Triceps (skull crushers etc)

Recently I've been experiencing bad elbow pain while doing skull crushers on the EZ curl bar and Tricep Extensions. I've been doing this routine for 3 years now and this is the only time I've had this problem. I've also raised the weight quite a bit.

I am taking Glucosamine and MSM, I don't know if this helps or not. What do you guys/gals suggest I do? Is there something wrong with me??

Flex_Or_Die is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flex_Or_Die is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flex_Or_Die is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flex_Or_Die is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flex_Or_Die is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flex_Or_Die is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flex_Or_Die is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flex_Or_Die is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flex_Or_Die is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flex_Or_Die is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flex_Or_Die is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I get the same elbow pain. I switched to dumbell skull crushers as the independent wrist and elbow movement makes for a more natural form... no pain since.
    -Phil

Ivan25 is just really nice. (+1000) Ivan25 is just really nice. (+1000) Ivan25 is just really nice. (+1000) Ivan25 is just really nice. (+1000) Ivan25 is just really nice. (+1000) Ivan25 is just really nice. (+1000) Ivan25 is just really nice. (+1000) Ivan25 is just really nice. (+1000) Ivan25 is just really nice. (+1000) Ivan25 is just really nice. (+1000) Ivan25 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I was going to do my masters thesis on the mechanics and joint stress of skull crushers... I simply don't do this exercise... Overuse injuries can occur from repetitive motions... change angles and feel or movements... The db suggestion is interesting, but nonetheless, I find that the angle of resistance needs to be angular as opposed to straight-line... The elbow joint particularly the triceps tendon attached to the olecranon takes a brunt of stress from vertical line resistance.. this is a shearing force on the elbow joint.. If the force is angular, the muscle contribution will increase and joint load decrease...

Skull crushers should be called "Elbow joint crushers."

The angle of having the elbow over the head like that leaves the elbow out to dry, so to speak.. Have it in a more supported position.
    "Let the past go, so you can grow"

"To be so prepared and conditioned that even on my worst day, I'm still going to win"

"Muscle quality looks more impressive than muscle quantity"